• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Illness caused by Wi-Fi ? Color me dubious...

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Actually, to assure it receives the immediate approval of Class Status, it will be filed in the 9th District (California) where everything that's totally stupid gets approved with an almost instantaneous settlement highly favorable to the Plantiff Bar. This is acceptable since I, the lead Plantiff, lived there for a year when Governor Moonbeam first ran for governor and aired a political ad during a professional wrestling show. This was the first attack I suffered and the initial damage was done to my tender psyche. Filing in OH or CO would almost assuredly result in the suit being dismissed as idiotic.

Cheers

Longtime Tuggers will remember Mugwump Towers at Slimy Slough ( for those that don't remember or are unawares, see http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1220537)

I've just been notified by some Mugwump Tower residents that they would like
to be empaneled to serve on the jury for said Class Action Suit.

So, x3skier - it will be a shoo-in.

Richard

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sedona that's were they have those weird magnetic fields. That are to give u a different connection between you the earth and the inverse. I know! Wife just had to go to AII. All o saw was a bunch of people walking around,
Waiting for an experience

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sedona that's were they have those weird magnetic fields. That are to give u a different connection between you the earth and the inverse. I know! Wife just had to go to AII. All o saw was a bunch of people walking around,

You wife's name isn't Gerry Brown, is it? :rofl:

x3 skier

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
Longtime Tuggers will remember Mugwump Towers at Slimy Slough ( for those that don't remember or are unawares, see http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1220537)

I've just been notified by some Mugwump Tower residents that they would like
to be empaneled to serve on the jury for said Class Action Suit.

So, x3skier - it will be a shoo-in.

Richard

I'm sorry to report that the trial strategy is have the entirely meritorious suit heard before Judge Herman "Sockit to 'em" J Herman without a jury. Dewey, Cheatum and Howe have been instrumental in bundling funds for the Super Pac for Judge Herman's Re-Election Campaigns for the last 25 years.

This of course has been thoroughly vetted by the Island of Enitowok's Bar Association headed by Ezekiel Q Dewey Esq (no visible relation to the Law Firm) so there is no provable conflict of interest. All communication between the parties and the Enitowok's Head of Professional Conduct, Mr Dewey, have been through private email servers at the respective locations that have been wiped clean during a freak Electromagnetic Pulse that affected only the involved servers. The source of the EMP has tentatively been traced to North Korea or possibly Iran or maybe China or perhaps Suburban NYC by Mr Dewey, who in addition to his other duties is Head of IT.

Of course the residents of Mugwumps Tower will be invited to the trial and special arrangements will be made for them to pass notes to Plantiff's Attorneys and directly to Judge Sockit to 'em as expert witnesses and as Friends of the Court.

Cheers

Last edited:

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
In regard to the OP Electromagnetic Hypersensitivity Syndrome case involving the "prestigious" private Fay School in Southboro, Massachusetts, where a (unidentified) 12 year old boy's parents (hiding behind anonymity and unidentified) claim that their precious son is allegedly being harmed by Wi-Fi signal at the school, I found a news source local to that geographic area (for proper attribution, I quote verbatim in pertinent part from MetroWest Daily News, as they posted on 8/27/15 at 10:51 a.m.), reporting the following development:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"In a joint filing submitted to U.S. District Court on Tuesday, the sides wrote that they have 'reached an agreement that may eliminate the need for an injunction' the unidentified family member had originally sought against the Southborough junior boarding school.

U.S. District Judge Timothy S. Hillman last week scheduled a hearing on that preliminary injunction request for Sept. 4; the parties are now asking him to extend that to Sept. 25 to give them time to work out the terms of their agreement, according to the filing.
"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, final resolution in this matter remains to be seen. Meanwhile TUGgers, please wear your protective foil hats (24/7 is probably best for maximum protection --- and rubber band chin straps may help to secure the hat in breezy conditions and while sleeping) to help repel the invisible but marauding attack of Wi-Fi signal upon you. ;)

Last edited:

geekette

Reaction score
....Meanwhile TUGgers, please wear your protective foil hats (24/7 is probably best for maximum protection --- and rubber band chin straps may help to secure the hat in breezy conditions and while sleeping) to help repel the invisible but marauding attack of Wi-Fi signal upon you. ;)

Just wondering, does having a signal extender in the house also strengthen the signal? Could I actually be at risk of getting zimed by 2 signals? one weak, one strong, or does the signal dbl up ? I guess I'm concerned that I might need to use dbl layers of foil? I know better than to use the cheap dollar store foil, I only trust Reynolds Wrap, but I also don't want to suffer aluminum poisoning as that is a very hard case to win. I suffered sudden onset victimhood and no one would believe that it wasn't my fault.

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Then us city dwellers with 30 WiFi signals in reach of the living room are all doomed.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sort of reminds me of the chef that took the door of the
Microwave and fried his stomach and liver.

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
WAIT! WAIT! I NEED AN EXPIDITED PLEADING IN MY CASE!:eek:

I just realized that since I have access to wifi hotspots all over the world as a result my subscription to Time Warner Cable, my ATT Cell phone and free membership to Boingo, and they will focus their nefarious rays directly on me in collusion with all politicians planning to air ads, THERE'S NO ESCAPE FOR ME!!!!!!!!

I'm DOOMED even before my lawsuit is heard by Judge Sockit to 'em and certified as a Class unless all Tuggers file friend of the Court briefs in an expeditious manner. Woe is me. :bawl:

Cheers

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Just wondering, does having a signal extender in the house also strengthen the signal? Could I actually be at risk of getting zimed by 2 signals? one weak, one strong, or does the signal dbl up ? I guess I'm concerned that I might need to use dbl layers of foil? I know better than to use the cheap dollar store foil, I only trust Reynolds Wrap, but I also don't want to suffer aluminum poisoning as that is a very hard case to win. I suffered sudden onset victimhood and no one would believe that it wasn't my fault.

You better go with the heavy duty stuff:

ImageGen.ashx

Kurt

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.

The rock formations in Sedona are high in iron content, you know like big magnets. The crystals in the rock generate oscillating frequencies that are magnified to create the vortexes. You have to hike out to them, they aren't at Starbucks and MickeyDs.

Sent from my iPad using the strange new version of Tapatalk

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Could this be next?

<snip> I suffered sudden onset victimhood...<snip>

I'm probably beyond being surprised by the content of some court filings, but this "syndrome" could be the next "actionable injury" (...whether real or imagined). :rolleyes:

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am quite aware of the walks entailed. Maybe I should
Have worn Reynolds wrap instead of the off brand from als

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
A Quick Guide to Electromagnetic Hypersensitivity, Or 'WiFi Allergies' - by Caitlin Dewey/ Life & Entertainment/ The Washington Post/ washingtonpost.com

"Science is nowhere near convinced that “WiFi allergies” are legit. But the French legal system is apparently far more credulous: Last week, it ruled that a 39-year-old woman is eligible for nearly $900/month in disability benefits because of her struggles with so-called “electromagnetic hypersensitivity.”

It’s one of the first times a court of law has recognized EHS, or “electromagnetic hypersensitivity syndrome” — which is incredible, given that actual, hard evidence linking adverse health affects and WiFi signals is pretty negligible. Below, a quick review of what we do and don’t know about the world’s most mysterious “allergy,” with advice for those of you on the verge of chucking your router entirely..."

Richard

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Entrepreneurship is alive and well...

The Washington Post article above, a link to which Richard has thoughtfully provided. notes in pertinent part within its' final paragraph that...

"An entire industry has grown up, in fact, around selling bracelets and blankets and blockers and pills that "negate" or "disrupt" electromagnetic energy".

With this observation in mind, I must excuse myself now and head off to the laboratory to develop my own product for the marketplace. I intend to focus on a very specific niche market --- prestigious private schools where the wealthy send their elite progeny. I will offer a "Electromagnetic Energy-Blocking Pocket Crest", which the wealthy parents of other "little Thurstons" can purchase directly from me (...my proposed $25,000 price tag, per crest, would be a mere 10% of what the parent initially sought in the lawsuit filed against Fay School in Massachusetts). The stylish crest can be applied directly to their Brooks Brothers blazers --- installation not included.

Coming soon to an exclusive private school near you. May be considered eligible as a "medical expense" --- consult with your personal tax advisor. ;)

Last edited: