• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I'll be gone for a while (and a few tidbits from my travels)....

irish

TUG Member
Reaction score
dave
have a wonderful time but remember to come back to us when vacations over!!

Swice

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hoping!

Hope that one day I can be so lucky/blessed.

Sounds like a terrific year for you!

Amy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh, wow, your trip plans sound wonderful! Stay healthy and safe throughout your travels, and have a wonderful time! I look forward to seeing some photos when you return.

Jestjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bon voyage, Dave. ENJOY.........

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Dave,

Bon Voyage! Have a great time & enjoy the Hermitage when you're in St. Petersburg. Sounds like it's going to be a wonderful vacation. Are you taking any reading material with you or will you rely on the ship's library?

All the best,

Richard

pwrshift

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
Wow, Dave...that looks like 12 weeks on cruises ... I gain about 5 lbs on every week of a cruise, so you'll need a new wardrobe by the time 2009 is over. Cruises are great places to meet new friends all around the world.

I'm envious. You'll almost be away longer than at home this year. The Sun City showgals will be quite upset. :)

Great planning, but I kinda expected that from you. Have a great time.

Brian

Thanks for all of the good wishes!

Yes, I will have a lot of Marriott Rewards stays this year. I just checked and I have 15 separate Reward reservations in Sydney, Houston, Gatlinburg, Charleston, Boston (twice), San Francisco, Washington (DC), Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Berlin, St. Petersburg (FL), Atlanta, Seattle and San Diego. I have about six more to add once I confirm dates.

I'll be on three cruise ships for two weeks each over the next three months - Holland America's Volendam (Australia and New Zealand, NCL's Jade (Egypt, Greece, Turkey, Rome, etc.) and Princess' Grand (Caribbean). Later this year, I have a two week Holland America cruise to Scandinavia and St. Petersburg (Russia), a three week cruise on Holland America's Westerdam from Seattle to Ft. Lauderdale and a one week Royal Caribbean cruise in the Caribbean. None of it on Marriott points.

That doesn't count my Marriott timeshare stays and some other miscellaneous trips.

Can you tell I have been planning my first year of retirement for a long, long time? :)

mas

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MAR BeachPlace;
Cypress Harbour;
Ocean Watch;
Canyon Villas;
Bon Voyage

Sounds like a wonderful year of travels. Hope you have an enjoyable time and, if you can, check back in every so often and let us know how you're doing.

Have fun.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
What - do they give you double MR points for the hassle of moderating this board? :)

Enjoy....

Born2Travel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kuleana, Sands of Kahana, Marriott Newport Coast Villas, Marriott Grand Chateau, Worldmark, Foxrun
Wow!!!!

Yes, I will have a lot of Marriott Rewards stays this year. I just checked and I have 15 separate Reward reservations in Sydney, Houston, Gatlinburg, Charleston, Boston (twice), San Francisco, Washington (DC), Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Berlin, St. Petersburg (FL), Atlanta, Seattle and San Diego. I have about six more to add once I confirm dates.

I'll be on three cruise ships for two weeks each over the next three months - Holland America's Volendam (Australia and New Zealand, NCL's Jade (Egypt, Greece, Turkey, Rome, etc.) and Princess' Grand (Caribbean). Later this year, I have a two week Holland America cruise to Scandinavia and St. Petersburg (Russia), a three week cruise on Holland America's Westerdam from Seattle to Ft. Lauderdale and a one week Royal Caribbean cruise in the Caribbean. None of it on Marriott points.

That doesn't count my Marriott timeshare stays and some other miscellaneous trips.

Can you tell I have been planning my first year of retirement for a long, long time? :)

Fantastic!!! Enjoy your trips - we'll miss your presence but hopefully you'll be back soon. I can't even imagine the planning to pull off all those trips - Enjoy!!!!

Sunbum

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dave, you lucky dog. :D Enjoy all your vacations. TUGGERS will miss you, but life must go on!

Enjoy yourself, drink and eat lots:banana:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Who is going to keep us all in line? :shrug:

Beverley

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

WOW! Great times ahead .... of course you know that you do not get sea sick, right? :rofl: Have a wonderful trip/ trips. We will miss you. Look forward to your return and your journal of the travels.

Beverley

pianodinosaur

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld x 2, HGVC Las Vegas Strip x 2, MVC Mountain Valley Lodge, MVC Legend’s Edge
Dave: Have a great time. Know that I have really come to respect you in the short time I have been a TUG member. Your wisdom was very evident in the the thread concerning the problems in Aruba not to mention several other very contentious threads. Best wishes on your vacation and your retirement.

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club, Marriott & Wyndham pts
Enjoy. :) :) :)

And you get to live in Hilton Head year round, too. What a great place to come home to.

bigrick

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dave, have a GREAT time!

What a fun way to begin your first full year of retirement! Heck with all that timeshare stuff. Just cruising!

dmharris

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does Dave travel alone or is there a Mrs? He'd have no trouble finding a travel companion if he was single.

Bon Voyage Dave M(arriott) ;)

Smooth Air

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi, Dave! I am going to miss you. Have a wonderful time & if you get a chance, drop in every now & then to tell us where you are.
Have a great trip...& another & another....clear skies & smooth sailing!

Smooth Air:cool:

taffy19

Reaction score

After reading this, I am jealous too. ;) I am so glad you are doing this in your first year of retirement. :) Please, stay in touch and give us a trip report every once in a while. The Marriott board will be in good hands while you are gone.