• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ike/normality

Texasbelle

TUG Member
Reaction score
As of yesterday 80% of the homes in Houston had electricity. Amazing how the 20% are expected to "get back to normal." We are grateful that our power was restored last Tuesday afternnon, but we understand the "have nots" can't just go on as usual. In the grocery stores, one can tell who has and who has not. There is some guilt and some envy. We were glad that several people we knew had power early as they had health problems. Centerpoint told us to get a form from our electic company for our doctor to fill out because DH is on a CPAP machine at night. If anyone has a real health problem, consider this. I thought of the areas of the country that have ice storms--at least we were not in danger of freezing to death. Many of the suggestions to prepare for a hurricane would apply to any storm.

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Our power was out for 4 days, my office was closed until Friday of last week and it is still hard to get back to normal. I work for the state and my boss is in Austin. She just doesn't understand the effect here that is ongoing. I can't believe how terrible the traffic has been going back and forth to work. The neighborhood near my office was still without power as of Friday and the streets were piled 3-4 feet high on the curb with branches. It seems hard for me to believe that there was so much there to come down.

Our neighborhood is pretty much back to normal - stores are open, no gas lines , grocery stores fully stocked - but it really is comparmentalised - if you have power or not.

The mosquitos coming out are the largest I have ever seen - I am glad they are starting the aerial spraying.

Hophop4

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV/Silverleaf Owners-Holiday Hills, Branson; Seaside, Galveston;
Landmark Holiday Beach Resort, PCB, FL
We just got back from grocery shopping. It looks like our area is back to normal. Lots of traffic on Hwy 6 as usual. lol. DH says the traffic going to and from work has been bad especially when he gets off the freeway and the traffic lights are still not working around the Galleria area where his office is. Schools are back in session which means more traffic too.

jschmidt

Reaction score
We just got our power on yesterday evening at 6:30 p.m. It was off about seven hours short of two weeks.

The water, sewer and natural gas were no problem and the temperature dropping into the sixties at night sure helped. Three couples on the street, my wife and I included, ate together every night be the light of a Coleman Lantern. We cooked on the gas stoves and grills. A lot of wine and beer was consumed while we shared the day’s happenings and speculated on when the power would be turned on. Then, two days ago electric company trucks from all over the northern states showed up in the neighborhood to cut trees, replaced poles and put up fallen lines and yesterday threw the switch. My power was on, but the neighbors that we ate with live across the street and are on a different circuit and still don’t have power.

One thing you do is go to bed early when you don’t have lights, TV or a computer!