• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

II- What happens to deposited unit on resale

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I have a unit in Vistana that has been sold. I have other units at the same resort I’m keeping. The deed is recorded in the new owners name but has not been transferred yet with Vistana. It was to be transferred after my reservation since I have 2020 usage which now has to be pushed back due to Covid19.

If I deposit in interval and then the transfer happens, would I keep the deposit or would it leave my account?
would that lockout unit sit in my interval account and still be able to be added to the new owners account?
anyone ever deposit a unit in interval then sell the TS? What happens to that deposited unit?

tshd

Reaction score
I purchased a Marriott unit that was supposed to come with usage. Marriott usage was deposited with II. II deposit did not transfer automatically

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
I purchased a Marriott unit that was supposed to come with usage. Marriott usage was deposited with II. II deposit did not transfer automatically
Did you ever get the usage after the fact? I’m thinking the previous owner deposited the unit and had held onto the account? Seems not like many know.

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
For most TS and marriott, once you deposit it in II, it is yours.

Not sure with Vistana as you get a corp account.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
For most TS and marriott, once you deposit it in II, it is yours.

Not sure with Vistana as you get a corp account.
Thanks. Trying to figure out if I should bank the Star options or deposit in interval. I have never deposited in interval and since I’ve been a member here and seeing sightings I feel much more comfortable depositing. Plus the lockout would get me two weeks. I have plenty of star options in the future to get me to the vistana resorts I want so why not try something different? I just want to know if the deposit would transfer out of my interval account if I no longer have that unit in my vistana account linked to the interval Corp account.

I remember seeing an email for a TUG/Interval rep floating around here. Anyone have that email? Maybe I can ask him that question.

tshd

Reaction score
Did you ever get the usage after the fact? I’m thinking the previous owner deposited the unit and had held onto the account? Seems not like many know.
I'm still working on it, so I know it is not automatic. Because this was a purchase that began in October last year, it was potentially not going to close in time for me to get it in my Marriott account in time to request a week and deposit it into II, so it was decided that the current owner would do this and that the II deposit would be transferred to me at closing. II needs to have written documentation showing the seller's II number and the specific II deposit number, with the seller's signed permission to transfer that specific deposit to the new owner's account. In hindsight I realized that all the closing company provided to II was the Marriott account information and that was not sufficient for II to complete the transfer.
I see many sales which state that the first UY is not the current year of sale and I'm pretty sure that some of these were deposited in II, so I'm pretty confident that your II deposit will not be transferred to the new owner without your expressed permission, especially since you are most likely the one who paid the maintenance fee for that usage.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
I'm still working on it, so I know it is not automatic. Because this was a purchase that began in October last year, it was potentially not going to close in time for me to get it in my Marriott account in time to request a week and deposit it into II, so it was decided that the current owner would do this and that the II deposit would be transferred to me at closing. II needs to have written documentation showing the seller's II number and the specific II deposit number, with the seller's signed permission to transfer that specific deposit to the new owner's account. In hindsight I realized that all the closing company provided to II was the Marriott account information and that was not sufficient for II to complete the transfer.
I see many sales which state that the first UY is not the current year of sale and I'm pretty sure that some of these were deposited in II, so I'm pretty confident that your II deposit will not be transferred to the new owner without your expressed permission, especially since you are most likely the one who paid the maintenance fee for that usage.
Yes I paid the maint fee and in the contract 2020 usage is mine. I can bank the staroptions in vistana and those will stay with me but I have been thinking about interval deposit since I can split the unit and two weeks somewhere. I have enough options to use weeks where I usually want to go.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
So I found out. If I deposit the unit and it’s been verified it will stay with my account. Sounds like that is what happened with your situation. The previous owner shouldn’t have deposited the unit.