• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

II response to COVID-19

Inhislove

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Catalina Beach Club
Question on April 7, 2020: Do you think the Exchanges policy applies to Accommodation Certificates?
If I am booked through an AC with a check-in of 5/17, would I get to exchange it for a later check-in without paying an additional fee?

EXCHANGES:

• For all exchanges with check-in dates through May 31, 2020, members may change their destination and/or travel date without incurring an additional exchange fee. Travel must be completed by December 24, 2020. If you prefer more time to travel, we can provide you with our standard fee-based replacement-week certificate, which is good for one year.

• For all exchanges with a check-in date after May 31, 2020, our standard exchange cancellation policies apply. We commit that we will continue to monitor the situation and make adjustments as necessary.

• Members who make exchanges between March 14, 2020, and May 31, 2020, will have the option to retrade to another available destination and/or date if your plans change — without incurring an additional exchange fee.

GETAWAYS:

• For Getaways cancelled with check-in dates through May 31, 2020, you will have the option to apply the amount paid toward a future Getaway. If you are unable to identify your travel destination/date at the time of cancellation, you will be provided with a no-fee replacement-week certificate for which travel must be completed by December 24, 2020.

• For any cancellation of a Getaway that is booked between March 14, 2020, and May 31, 2020, you will have the option to apply the amount paid toward a future Getaway.

Lydlady

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't want one of those certificates to replace my two weeks at Marriott's Cypress Harbour because I need to get something for January. They had better do something to fix this certificate, or they are going to have some angry TUG members. I am not going to give up weeks that cost that much in MF's and not be able to even get Orlando in January. That is what I want., late January in Orlando because my AP is going to be extended by Disney for the length of time the parks are closed. I will wait until the day before my 17th of May check-in date to cancel. That way, I can have a chance of getting something in January at Marriott's Cypress Harbour for my replacement week. I will ask them to book it for me. I am not asking for a 2 bed at Marriott resorts on Maui during whale season. I just want to get SOMETHING I can use.

Did you trade weeks to get the weeks at Cypress Harbour? And did you purchase ePlus? I ask because if II can grab a week before the end of the year, and you have ePlus, you should be able to retrade out to when your ePlus expires.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
change #: 0XXXXX
Exchange
Transaction Date:
Thu, February 20, 2020
e-plus_small.png
1 of 3 Retrades Remain
Expiration:
10/11/2020
View History
Sheraton Broadway Plantation - Gold Plus
ST2

Unit: 1BEDA (1 Bedroom)

Marriott's Cypress Harbour
MCP

Unit: TIME (2 Bedrooms)
Week: 21

Sun, May 24, 2020
Sun, May 31, 2020
Confirmed
e-plus_small.png
Start E-Plus Retrade
Add Guest Certificate

Resend Confirmation

Add Trip Protection
Exchange #: 0XXXX
Exchange
Transaction Date:
Wed, March 25, 2020
View History
Sheraton Broadway Plantation - Gold Plus
ST2

Unit: 1BEDB (1 Bedroom)

Marriott's Cypress Harbour
MCP

Unit: HTIME (2 Bedrooms)
Week: 20

Sun, May 17, 2020
Sun, May 24, 2020
Confirmed
Start Retrade
Modify/Delete Guest Certificate

Resend Confirmation

Add Trip Protection

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I am waiting until the absolute last minute to cancel, in case they decide to change their policy. The thought that I couldn't use these weeks for anything in January just makes me nuts.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I called II today. After listening though the recorded messages, an agent came on quickly. I asked to have my April 10 week in Key Largo (the resort is closed and the Florida Keys are closed to visitors) exchanged for one in September that I could see using a different deposit. He said that he could not. The best he could/would do would be to request that a replacement week, good until December 24, 2020, be put into my account. That, he said, will take several days. I complained that by then, the week I want will likely be gone, but he didn't budge. :(
I suspect he wouldn't budge because you are currently inside flexchange, meaning you can only retrade for somewhere else within 59 days of the current date. The September week is more than 59 days out, so it is out of reach with the retrade.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
A replacement week, in the form of a "certificate" appeared in my II account today, just 3 days from the day I called to cancel. Even though the II phone representative told me that it would be good for Key Largo (the resort I had to give up) and good until December 31, 2020, it is not. Here are the restrictions:

All confirmations are made on a space available basis and no guarantee is made that any specific request can be confirmed. The redemption of the Accommodation Certificate is subject to certain terms and conditions. A redemption fee will be required.
This Certificate cannot be combined nor used in conjunction with any other certificate or fee waiver certificate.
All other terms and conditions of individual membership, exchange and flex change must be adhered to.
This certificate must be completed prior to the expiration date DECEMBER 24, 2020.
Certificate not valid for 18DEC to 31DEC travel dates.
Certificate not valid for 01JAN to 02APR travel dates.
Certificate may not be used for the following AREAS.Florida, Fort Lauderdale Coast From:01MAY To:31DEC,Florida, Upper Keys,Florida, Lower Keys,Florida, Key West,Florida, Tampa Bay,California, Kirkwood,California, Southern Coast,California, Big Bear Lake,California, San Diego Area,California, Northern National Forests,California, San Francisco,California, Napa Valley,Hawaii, Oahu,Hawaii, Maui,Hawaii, Kauai,Hawaii, Molokai,Hawaii, Big Island,
Certificate may not be used for the following RESORTS.Franz Klammer Lodge,Four Seasons Residence Club Punta Mita,Four Seasons Residence Club Aviara,Four Seasons Residence Club Scottsdale,
This certificate has no cash value.

Even though it says, "A redemption fee will be required", when I used it to partially book an exchange, a charge of zero appeared. The certificate can be extended until June 21, 2021 for $99 or until December 24, 2021 for $189.
Does this certificate they gave you for a cancellation show up under your "My Certificates" in My Units? Are they doing something different for cancelled exchanges during current situation? It would normally in the past be that if you cancelled an exchange, you got a cancellation replacement week good for a year from the date you cancel. Or was this a getaway week you cancelled?

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
Question on April 7, 2020: Do you think the Exchanges policy applies to Accommodation Certificates?
If I am booked through an AC with a check-in of 5/17, would I get to exchange it for a later check-in without paying an additional fee?

Yes. I had an AC week booked for mid-April along with an exchange for early April. I was able to move the AC week to a Nov week without charge. The Nov week was one I had suggested as a back up for my exchange week but the rep let me use it for the AC. I think when dealing with an AC, it is important to have a week (or two) in mind as an option. Keep it realistic, i.e. a place that might end up on an AC.

Sue

Lydlady

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had two weeks to cancel this month. The first one they gave me an AC week. I wasn‘t happy with it plus I wanted to clarify some things I had heard. I waited a while to call back and cancel the second week. I had them get me a week in November to buy me some time. I was able to keep my two ePlus retrades which don’t expire until May 2021.

youknowthenight

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a week in Hawaii next week. There is a week in the same size unit same resort in November. They can't just switch me into it, I have to cancel, get a certificate (which will take at least seven days), and then hope it's still available. Crazy.

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Interval International

As of Apr 8, 2020

As the impact of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve, we are receiving updates from resorts hourly and working diligently to accurately capture this information. The following resorts have closed due to COVID-19 or damage from previous hurricanes. The following Include closed resort names and codes.

Last edited:

Tacoma

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I had to cancel 2 weeks with II. One was a worldmark exchange for Custom House. They gave me a certificate but said it is only good for 30 days out - so pretty useless. The second week was an exchange certificate cancelled almost 4 weeks ago. I've made 3 phone calls and it is still not in my account. I'm wondering if it's worth my time to call again if it
is only going to be good for 30 days out and to the end of this year.

Lydlady

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had a certificate and was told by one rep of the 30 days to view. But another rep told me I could see all the way into December which I confirmed was true. I also couldn’t find my certificate but later found it in my “other” (points, not weeks) account.