• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

II platinum escapes

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
There was a thread recently about the value of upgrading to platinum membership on II and platinum escapes.

For those interested platinum escapes are going on now through Sunday.
featured Platinum Escapes destinations include:
• Riviera Maya, Mexico from $49*
• Jamaica from $49*
• Cancun, Mexico from $49*
• South Baja, Mexico from $49*
• Pennsylvania, Poconos from $97
• Atlantic City, New Jersey from $97
• Branson, Missouri from $127
• Orlando, Florida from $127
• Williamsburg, Virginia from $137
• Park City and Snowbird, Utah from $137
• Ontario, Georgia from $137
• Riviera Maya, Mexico from $159
• Southern Italy from $199
• Chile, Pucon from $299
• Tenerife, Canary Islands, Spain from $349
• Phuket, Thailand from $699
• St Maarten from $727

caribbeanqueen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Surf Club
I could go to Moon Palace Jamaica for 49.00 for the week and only pay 384.00 pp in airfare however this is an IA resort and when I put in my dates it shows over 2k for meal plans and resort for the week. Too bad 49.00 looked like a great deal!

Last edited:

ThomasWentz

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Purchase in Progress!
Very displeased with II right now, I am in the process of buying an EOYE timeshare and they won't let me join until everything is complete. I really want to book one of these and would totally spring on the platinum if they let me join at all!

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
Some of those are very good deals. If I was free, I would definitely take a few.

caribbeanqueen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Surf Club
Steve, even with the IA fees? I saw a good chunk of these have mandatory IA's.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
No, I would never go to one with an IA. Not all of them do though. I go to Williamsburg and Branson a lot for example.

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
... and we expect to find the best resorts for $49? Just another angle to get rid of inventory. Remember that there are virtually no Marriott's in the getaway pool

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
... and we expect to find the best resorts for $49? Just another angle to get rid of inventory. Remember that there are virtually no Marriott's in the getaway pool
For regular getaways there are Marriotts- maybe not high season but right now there are Orlando, Branson, Hilton head in fall, ski resorts spring/ fall. Plenty of nice resorts to be had shoulder season.
If you meant platinum escapes I’m not platinum so that might be so although I have seen people commenting about Marriott fairway villas on II.

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
When booking a regular getaway, in order to get the platinum price does one's platinum status need to be current at the time of one's stay, or only at the time of when they made the booking? I had thought it was the latter, but it appears to be the former. My platinum status is up for renewal in May, but when I select a mid-summer booking just for the purpose of viewing what the tax and total price would be, it brings up the Gold price, plus an opportunity to upgrade my status.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
When booking a regular getaway, in order to get the platinum price does one's platinum status need to be current at the time of one's stay, or only at the time of when they made the booking? I had thought it was the latter, but it appears to be the former. My platinum status is up for renewal in May, but when I select a mid-summer booking just for the purpose of viewing what the tax and total price would be, it brings up the Gold price, plus an opportunity to upgrade my status.

The booking would be for after your platinum expires, so, it seems to me it is your membership status at the time of booking, the date you want expires after your membership is valid to so it is not allowed at the membership discount rate. What date you actually make the booking is not relevant. What date you make the booking FOR does matter. I believe it should function as you describe.

caribbeanqueen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Surf Club
Williamsburg is a beautiful area. I have never been to Branson.
How are the pools at these resorts?
Was hoping to fit something in mid March but now have to have shoulder surgery.
Maybe something unexpected will come up in the summer.
Ive also never been to Colorado, how are the Marriott's there, anyone know? We tend to like nice resorts with nice pools.:)

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
Williamsburg is a beautiful area. I have never been to Branson.
How are the pools at these resorts?
Was hoping to fit something in mid March but now have to have shoulder surgery.
Maybe something unexpected will come up in the summer.
Ive also never been to Colorado, how are the Marriott's there, anyone know? We tend to like nice resorts with nice pools.:)

I've never used the pools, so, can't comment. We go to Branson for the Vegas style entertainment and shows, there's so many, it would take a lifetime to see them all so we go a few times a year since it's driving distance. We're always at Willow Ridge there. Mid March would be possibly warm or cold in Branson. Generally not bad, not sure if the pool would be open yet. If you like shows of all kinds, it's a really great place to go.

In Williamsburg, we don't stay at a Marriott. We use a timeshare that has some houses (but are timeshares not those villas of distinction, etc) and we have some local friends there that leave their house and pile in with us for a couple of weeks. Sort of a mini vacation for them. We usually go October when it's more than nice and there's always a getaway in II, so, we purchase 2 weeks for almost nothing.

I'm (hopefully) going to get a shoulder replacement myself. I've had 2 doctors refuse to do the surgery as my osteo-arthritis is too advanced for them and they said I needed a better surgeon who only does shoulders. So, I believe I have found the right person (170 miles away) and have an appt with them next week. I believe they will be able to do it. So, likely no travels through most of the year after we go to Kauai next month. At some point during that time, I suppose I might be able to at least ride in a car to Branson. Just to get out!

caribbeanqueen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Surf Club
OMG Steve that sounds awful! Luckily mine is shoulder impingement with a bone spur and possible fraying bicep tendon. Once he goes in he'll know more. Had shoulder pain for 5 years and several docs misdiagnosing.

I never realized Branson Missouri had all this and will definitely be looking into it as I love shows! Thanks for the tips!
Good luck with your shoulder and the new doctor. Getting old is fun isn't it?

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
OMG Steve that sounds awful! Luckily mine is shoulder impingement with a bone spur and possible fraying bicep tendon. Once he goes in he'll know more. Had shoulder pain for 5 years and several docs misdiagnosing.

I never realized Branson Missouri had all this and will definitely be looking into it as I love shows! Thanks for the tips!
Good luck with your shoulder and the new doctor. Getting old is fun isn't it?

Well, in some ways it is (getting old), in others not so much!

It's ok, as 2 years ago had full rotator cuff repair along with bone scraping and that was awful, they tell me replacement is easier believe it or not. I've had no cartilage in both shoulders for many years. Kinda get used to it.

Over Christmas we stayed in Branson and we got to see Reza the illusionist, that was a great show. The shows are of varying quality, from top notch to decent. There's more than a hundred at any given time, and, many things have indoor counterparts for cold season, like indoor miniature golf, go carts, whatever. It's typically called a "family" vacation spot. It's also pretty much the cheapest place for points, and we always book well within 60 days to get 30% off, unless we have a II certificate and it's less (which often it's not less). Some rooms off season are $20/night with points. I am sure virtually no one will agree with this statement, but, it's honestly one of our favorite resorts in the Marriott system.

I hope you get your problem resolved, it can always be frustrating times.

Last edited:

enma

TUG Member
Reaction score
This past Saturday I got Marriott's Village d'ile-de-France 2 bedroom for $287 for March 14-21! Spring break, here we come! I have bought lots of getaways over the years but this is the best deal I have ever gotten . Will still be chilly in Paris but not as chilly as in December, my previous getaway there. Paris is too beautiful to worry about the weather.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
This past Saturday I got Marriott's Village d'ile-de-France 2 bedroom for $287 for March 14-21! Spring break, here we come! I have bought lots of getaways over the years but this is the best deal I have ever gotten . Will still be chilly in Paris but not as chilly as in December, my previous getaway there. Paris is too beautiful to worry about the weather.
Awesome - I also saw Son Antem available for the end of March. While agreed that it's not "Paris in April" that's a great get.