• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

II Ongoing search - when do you typically get something?

JulieJulie

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai
I just recently joined II and have setup my first ongoing search. Since you still get full value depositing your timeshare up to 60 days out do most people wait until then to deposit and because of that should I expect that I won't see anything with an ongoing search until 60 days before the dates I am looking for? Has anyone ever actually booked anything with an ongoing search a year in advance? 6 months in advance? Or is it usually just a couple of months ahead of time?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
You may or may not get full value up till 60 days out. The way it usually works is the earlier you deposit the more trade power you garner with your deposited week. The 60 days only reference to flexchange when your deposit would be restricted. Many owners deposit a year or more in advance. We often confirm exchanges 12-8 months out. A lot will depend on where you are looking to trade in to and what you are offering up.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Dioxide is correct with the all depends on what you have deposited and what you want. the earlier you request and the more options you give them for what you want will give you the best chances for a match.

To answer your question, matches occur when deposits are made and typically they are well before the 60 day mark.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The match occurs when there are deposits which meet your criteria, AND your deposit is the strongest one requesting those criteria.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
So order (age) has nothing to do with an II OGS matching? How about those with II points or training through a points portal on something like Hyatt Residences Club? Are they in front of or behind everyone trading based on a deposited week?

I am trying to learn as much as I can about II as I plot an entrance to trading with them.

The match occurs when there are deposits which meet your criteria, AND your deposit is the strongest one requesting those criteria.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
If what you deposit is of equal quality as someone else....then the age of the request should come into play.
Branded deposits like Marriott, Hyatt, etc should have more pull than non branded ones (but not always the case)
I know Marriott exchanges have a window of opportunity to other marriotts first (called priority)

If you tell us what you are depositing and what you want we maybe able to give you an idea of your chances for an exchange.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
The have found the sooner I deposit the better matches I get.

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Deposit 12 months out for best trade power.

after that there is a decrease in trade power in 2 month increments.
60 days out is only an important date because depositing after that restricts your trading to only 60 days out instead of 10-12-18 months out.

So the same week deposited at 62 days out would have much less trading power than that unit deposited at 12 months out.