• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

II: offering a 1 bed (but not 2) for my 2 bedroom

seenett

TUG Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen this issue before - maybe it's new or I've just never run into it?

I own Foxrun weeks 18 (low to medium demand week) and a week 31 (high demand). Both are 2 bedrooms. I'm trying to trade to Arizona in October (medium demand). I can see plenty of 2 bedrooms with my week 31, but my week 18 only pulls studios and the occasional 1 bedroom. In years past, the week 18 had traded for 2 bedrooms AZ in October (we go every year).

Seasonal supply and demand issues aside, I thought unit size wasn't part of the formula. If my 2 bedroom can pull a one bedroom, why can't it pull 2 bedroom in the same season?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I think it is the trade power of the week 18 vs. week 31. II changes trade power all the time based on supply and demand. While your week 18 would pull a 2BR in the past, it doesn't mean it will work now or in the future. I don't know why you think that since week 18 will pull a 1BR that it would also pull a 2BR. This is almost what would be expected.

You might also have luck putting in a request using week 18 for a 2BR in the time you want to travel. The exchange many come through in an OGS when instant exchange can't pull it.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Agree with dioxide. Put in an ongoing request for a 2 BR. Chances are you will get it.

seenett

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies and not saying I'm a complete idiot for not knowing this (although I think there is a subtle implication :ignore: )

So I'm going to hold out with the week 18 and do an ongoing request. I probably get it eventually. I have in years past - just not by February. I'll probably get the October trade in the April-May timeframe.

Thanks again!

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Thanks for the replies and not saying I'm a complete idiot for not knowing this (although I think there is a subtle implication :ignore: )

So I'm going to hold out with the week 18 and do an ongoing request. I probably get it eventually. I have in years past - just not by February. I'll probably get the October trade in the April-May timeframe.

Thanks again!

Last year I saw a Marriott custom house one bedroom with my one bedroom willow ridge but not with my studio. It was fir late April so not prime summer time. I immediately put in a search using the studio and matched over night.
So no, you are not an idiot but some things seem to have changed with instant exchange and putting in the search does the trick. I just did the same thing recently with a CMV week.

Let us know how you make out.