• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

II new ACs issued

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
Both Pollard Brook and Acadia 1 bedrooms available for July for us East coasters...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I got one but pretty slim pickings. Hopefully it gets extended once it gets close to expiration.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
yay! my first one of this type. i did get a couple of the ones that reach out 45 days and expire in a year soon after starting my account a few weeks ago.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Been without AC’s since last fall. Inventory is nothing like it was

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
How often (in typical times) do ACs like this get deposited into accounts?

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
How often (in typical times) do ACs like this get deposited into accounts?

It‘s different for everyone. Seems like once a year for me. Sometimes I get two. I never deposit anything in II because I have StarOptions.

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
Agree. If you can travel in the off-season or shoulder season, you can find some pretty nice places. I started noticing them a few years ago, and have since already used a handful of them with good choices. Not as many choices as Getaways, but usually a better price.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Agree. If you can travel in the off-season or shoulder season, you can find some pretty nice places. I started noticing them a few years ago, and have since already used a handful of them with good choices. Not as many choices as Getaways, but usually a better price.

I've had some great exchanges with ACs. Most of them in Mexico but I've gotten some good desert stays as well. The current crop with my AC is about the thinnest I've seen it. Hopefully the grid gets a little more populated.

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've had some great exchanges with ACs. Most of them in Mexico but I've gotten some good desert stays as well. The current crop with my AC is about the thinnest I've seen it. Hopefully the grid gets a little more populated.
My stays have been in the desert also. I've also noticed the slim pickings this year. Probably due to a lot of pent-up travel demand taking up inventory.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My internal thinking is inventory will be back closer (maybe halfway or better) to historical norms in 2022 and near normal in 2023 barring the unforseen. If that what others generally expect or am I way off? And I guess when I say that I mean how inventory will look on the exchanges (RCI and II) at the time of booking. 2022 stuff being booked now looks tight to me .... especially on II.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
My internal thinking is inventory will be back closer (maybe halfway or better) to historical norms in 2022 and near normal in 2023 barring the unforseen. If that what others generally expect or am I way off? And I guess when I say that I mean how inventory will look on the exchanges (RCI and II) at the time of booking. 2022 stuff being booked now looks tight to me .... especially on II.
I suspect you are right. Most banked points and deposits that people banked from 2020 will expire by 2023. Of course, the world of travel is much different now. So who knows what normal will look like.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
2021 was bound to be a tough year so I'm surprised to see anything available with AC's this year. We actually did back to back weeks in Hawaii on AC's last year -Waiohai ocean front ( that was amazing) and a Ko Olina ocean view. It will probably never happen again but booking those weeks using AC's made it extra fun!

Just keep looking. The inventory changes all the time and you can find some real last minute gems. There's a sightings thread for AC's on the sightings board, so let's all try to post the really good weeks that we see pop up. We can't use them all, but maybe someone else can!

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
2021 was bound to be a tough year so I'm surprised to see anything available with AC's this year. We actually did back to back weeks in Hawaii on AC's last year -Waiohai ocean front ( that was amazing) and a Ko Olina ocean view. It will probably never happen again but booking those weeks using AC's made it extra fun!

Just keep looking. The inventory changes all the time and you can find some real last minute gems. There's a sightings thread for AC's on the sightings board, so let's all try to post the really good weeks that we see pop up. We can't use them all, but maybe someone else can!

i snagged Grand Solmar with an AC in 2020. Impossible any other time!

vol_90

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Phuket Beach Club, Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Canyon Villas, Desert Springs Villas II, Abound & Asia Pacific Points
Marriott Phuket Beach club pulling from today through the end of September. Unfortunately one must be vaccinated (which we are) and originate from low and medium risk countries which excludes myself. :doh:Looking forward to the day we can get back to Phuket!

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score

I will also add, Last Minute travel options can be awesome. Even if you can only use the unit for a few days, usually worth it.

missyrcrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
I will also add, Last Minute travel options can be awesome. Even if you can only use the unit for a few days, usually worth it.
I often use these for 3 day weekends. You don't have to stay for a whole week to make it worth it!

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Newby question (only had an II account a few weeks):

I received 2 ACs (2BR under details) soon after creating my II account. Then, I received the one being discussed in this thread (3 BR).

Why is it when I look at doing an exchange with the first 2 ACs the exchange fee is $209, but with the one discussed in this thread there is a $299 exchange fee to exchange for the exact same unit? Room size upgrade fee is not a factor. If there any rhyme or reason to what an exchange fee is with an AC?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Newby question (only had an II account a few weeks):

I received 2 ACs (2BR under details) soon after creating my II account. Then, I received the one being discussed in this thread (3 BR).

Why is it when I look at doing an exchange with the first 2 ACs the exchange fee is $209, but with the one discussed in this thread there is a $299 exchange fee to exchange for the exact same unit? Room size upgrade fee is not a factor. If there any rhyme or reason to what an exchange fee is with an AC?
It is just how it is. THis is why you need to check pricing with all your ACs before booking something.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
There are different types of ACs given by II for different reasons. They can show different inventory and as you noted, some of them cost less to use. The ACs given for depositing a week with II usually allow you to put in an Ongoing search and are good for a year.

haras

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can put in an on going request with an AC? What? Wow please share. I never knew this!

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
You can put in an on going request with an AC? What? Wow please share. I never knew this!

Yes, but only the ones you get for a deposit. Not the freebie ones.

I had two of them in the last couple of years and most of the time the freebies saw better weeks !

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes, but only the ones you get for a deposit. Not the freebie ones.

I had two of them in the last couple of years and most of the time the freebies saw better weeks !

I am still trying to figure out if I will get any ACs for deposits associated with deposits from my CWQ ownership in Williamsburg.

I received two deposits that look a little like my ownership (2BRs and are good for 1 year but only reach out 45 days) right after I signed up for my II account. And they are different than the AC being discussed in this thread.

However, I did not get any kind of AC when I prepaid my 2022 MFs and deposited one 2BR side of my unit. Am I likely to be offered one for depositing the other half if I hold off a little longer (it is week 30 so still a little more than a year out)?

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
@escanoe
When you look at your weeks in II, and there is a little present/gift symbol there that means you have an offer to deposit your week for a bonus week. I might be wrong but if memory serves, I usually see them early in the year for deposit by June. I own MVC weeks. I think they also send an email telling you about the offer of a bonus week to deposit.