• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

II Magazine refund

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
II's site says you can get a refund if you don't want their magazine "benefit."

I know its only $12 but has anyone successfully received a refund? What do you send them?

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
I've never heard of this. Could you provide a link to the page on I.I.'s web site that says they'll give you a $12 refund. Since I always just toss the magazine out, I'd just as soon lower my MF's and save the space in the landfill.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Me too! Please link us so we can save paper and not get that stupid magazine anymore. :)

gmarine

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Me too! Please link us so we can save paper and not get that stupid magazine anymore. :)

The refund isnt for the Interval magazine. Its a promotion that II is running where you receive a free magazine subscription from a few choices when making an exchange or buying a Getaway. There is an option to instead receive a $12 refund instead of the magazine.

To see the details log in to the II website then click on benefits on the top then click on magazine benefits.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
I guess this is new. You get it when you sign up or exchange ("1 per member per year"), so I guess you get $12 back on your exchange fee.

If you would prefer not to receive a magazine subscription and instead prefer to receive a refund, please print out a copy of proof of your Interval qualified transaction (list of qualified transactions can be found at: http://www.intervalworld.com) write the word "Refund" on it, complete and print the form below and mail both documents within 30 days of your qualified transaction to: Condé Nast Special Programs, Interval International, P.O. Box 37722, Boone, IA 50037-0722 to obtain a refund for the magazine's stated value.

If you have any questions about this special member benefit, please feel free to call 1-888-474-5263.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
This doesn't look like a refund off the I.I. magazine but off the discounted magazine subscriptions they offer to members. To date I have never recieved Conde Nast magazines from internval.

GeNioS

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's been there for a long time....figured everyone was already aware of it.

I actually called and complained to Marriott because it's such fine print. They will honor the refund. The reason I was ticked off is that they raised the exchange cost from Marriott to Marriott, then this magazine thing pops up. It's "free" but you can get a "refund?" They said there is no relation between the higher rates and the "free" offer, but.......

GeNioS

TUG Member
Reaction score
This doesn't look like a refund off the I.I. magazine but off the discounted magazine subscriptions they offer to members. To date I have never recieved Conde Nast magazines from internval.
After you make the exchange, in your messages, there will be a link to claim your "free" subscription.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
After you make the exchange, in your messages, there will be a link to claim your "free" subscription.
And as you said, waaaaay at teh bottom how to get your "free" $12 back.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8

I never take "free" subscriptions since all I've seen come with that automatic renewal unless you remember to cancel the subscritpion. That could explain why I've never noticed any "refund" before.

And as you said, waaaaay at teh bottom how to get your "free" $12 back.

I'll look for this next time I make an exchange. If I can get $12 back without signing up for the "free" subscription, I'll request it. If I have to sign up for something it's just not worth the effort.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I beleive getaway purchases are also eligable for this magazine benefit. II doesn't claim that this is free. They indicate "at no additional cost to you". So you are paying for it whether you take the offer or not unless you ask for a refund. One other term is "One subscription or refund per member per year"

Last edited:

gmarine

TUG Member
Reaction score
I received my $12 refund check today.

Nanoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
They just sent me an email about "Your Special Member Benefit" to choose what "free" magazine I would like. . . Conde Nast, Allure, Golf Digest or Glamour.

The odd thing is I only have a exchange request in at this time . . . so it's not an official exchange yet????

pcgirl54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
I received the refund in the winter for my May trip. I resent having to take my time to have to write a letter to decline something I do not want. There should be a radio opt out button on the site. I sent an email to II about it.

JEFF H

Reaction score
You have to signup by following the link they send to claim your free magazine subscription. The subscription does not automatically renew and your under no obligation to continue it.
Their is also a link in the offer they send to the $12 refund option. you print out the form,fill it out and mail it in. I received a $12 refund check about 4 weeks latter.
you can only claim this offer once per year per account.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
You have to signup by following the link they send to claim your free magazine subscription. The subscription does not automatically renew and your under no obligation to continue it.
Their is also a link in the offer they send to the $12 refund option. you print out the form,fill it out and mail it in. I received a $12 refund check about 4 weeks latter.
you can only claim this offer once per year per account.

To clarify a little further, you can only obtain one free magazine subscription or one $12 refund once per year. The offer has a $12 value, and you can only get that $12 value once per year. This really isn't a big deal that you have to opt out. I don't even bother. It's not like $12 is going to break the bank.

hjtug

TUG Member
Reaction score
reminder on II magazine offer

After finding this thread about a year ago I applied for and received the $12 "refund". After having made two II exchanges this year I remembered and applied again. I'm reviving this thread in case any II traders here don't yet know about the magazine offer or, like me, are likely to forget about it.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I actually take advantage of this now. Have several subscriptions for the magazines now.

cissy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've requested the refund numerous times, but have actually received a check only once. I don't want any magazine, and resent having to request a refund.

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Lol I have two II accounts. I guess the two kids can try to get the refund! Thanks for posting.

avad88

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Refund

I have received the refund several times--sometimes in my husband's name and sometimes in mine.
It takes weeks to get the check, but $12 is better than those magazines you don't want.

hjtug

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've requested the refund numerous times, but have actually received a check only once. I don't want any magazine, and resent having to request a refund.

Are you trying to get the refund with every exchange? You can get only one subscription or refund per year.

Art

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are you trying to get the refund with every exchange? You can get only one subscription or refund per year.

I just received my $12 check for an exchange I made several years ago.

When I was completing the form I noticed slightly different wording that seems to eliminate the once per year thing:

"U.S. orders only. There is a limit of one magazine subscription per transaction. This offer is non-transferable and available to Interval members only. The magazine subscription may only be redeemed after making a qualified Interval transaction."

That is the paragraph that I recall previously saying "one per year."

If missed seeing the "one per year" statement, please point me to it.

Thanks

Art