• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

II getaways?

Reaction score
Can anyone give me some idea what the II getaways are, how many of them there are at a time, and if they're worthwhile?

Thanks!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
II Getaways are usually off-season weeks, in areas with an over-supply of timeshares. If you can travel off-season, and are flexible about where you go, they are a great deal. If you want a resort with high demand, or peak season, you will probably never see it in the Getaways.

To have access, you must join II and register a timeshare with them.

bonita_toute

Reaction score
Intervald World Getaways

Can anyone give me some idea what the II getaways are, how many of them there are at a time, and if they're worthwhile?

Thanks!
Getaways can be whatever you make of them 2-7 days. You can go anywhere and the cost is less than half of what you would normally pay.
Just go to Get aways, put in the resort or destination, your dates, and check in to see what is available and at what price.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Only II members can access II and the Getaways...

Tfish

TUG Member
Reaction score
Denise, is there any deals on joining II for the first time. 2 for 1's or multi year contracts?

I belong to both RCI and SFX but now wish to trade into the Royals in Mexico and believe that II is my best bet.

Thanks

Mike

Last edited:

durrod

Reaction score
If you want to trade to mexico, check sfx online. There is more availability to mexico than anywhere else, including the mayans resorts.

Tfish

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm at the Grand Mayan now and stayed 3 weeks at the Royal Caribbean.

SFX seems to have a lot of Grand Mayan et al but I really prefer the Royals.

Does II every have coupons; I will be joining with my 3 BR Star Island soon.

Thanks

Mike

bobby

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just accepted for the first time an II promotion to join. Two years for $89 and a guarantee you'll get the vacation exchange you want by 12/31/2013 except flextime deposits. The promo code is 93522NM, so maybe they will honor it for any new member. I've always been RCI for 30 years, so I'm just trying it out.

However, my start at using my Mac with II has been awful. First I get the certification is not recognized, so proceed at your own risk with warnings not to. Then I typed in my solicitation code and it did bring up the information supplied by one of my resorts, but filling in the blanks, it kept rejecting valid info. There was a spot to enter all timeshares you own under II, and that did not work. I called finally on the phone. The clerk at first couldn't find me by name. When she located it by my phone number, she insisted she needed my deeds' date to register my resort. I bought this timeshare 33 years ago and haven't looked at the deed since. Ridiculous, just call the office! I made her look me up by the solicitation number, then she found the correct info. Today's email verified my registered resort ownership, so I was ready to start. I searched quite a while looking for FAQ on the website, finally locating it in the tiny customer service at the bottom right. It said there would be an extra charge to add more resorts. So now I have in an email saying no way, your site didn't work yesterday when I tried to put them in with my application.