• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

II Getaway to Orlando - unit question...

amyhwang

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Ko Olina
I am booking a couple weeks' getaways in Orlando late August (lucky for us, our kids go back to school a bit later than most!).

I'm probably going again with Harbour Lake, since we liked the units there a lot, nice and clean, quiet, and two queen beds in the second bedroom were perfect (and comfortable).

I do see Grande Vista available for our times as well, same price, but when I click to book it, I see that it lists (for the first week only!) that the second bedroom will either have a king bed and sofa sleeper OR two full beds. To me, that says it's a lockoff, not a dedicated 2br unit. If it were a king bed and sofa sleeper, we would prefer 2 queen beds (for the kids). Sofa sleepers aren't comfortable for 2 weeks (we're actually probably staying about 10 nights but it's still so cheap to pay for 2 weeks).

I know for my kids, 15 and 13, Grande Vista has more to offer with the pools, but would rather feel like I have a condo we really like (in August, we will be in the condo more!). I also liked at Harbour Lake how they have a nice big pantry for food and water bottle storage, don't remember if Grande Vista did or not. I wish more timeshare units had more pantry space! We do cook a lot, and usually have to get creative with storing food where the plates go!

Has anyone stayed in a lockoff at Grande Vista and seen a king bed in the second room? I do like the idea of the kitchenette for a second fridge for storing cold water for the kids, but the king bed would definitely not work!

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
We have stayed in all three types of 2BR units at Grande Vista. There is the 2BR lock off, dedicated 2BR, and the 2BR side of the 3BR unit. The last two have two queen beds in the second bedroom. Buildings 77, 78, 85, and 86 have all dedicated 2BR units. So if two queen beds in the second bedroom is important to you, be sure to request one of those buildings. You can also request the 2BR master side of a 3BR unit in just about any of the other buildings.

NboroGirl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Dioxide is correct... but I would like to add that Grande Vista does have large pantries. I rarely use them for anything but there is plenty of storage. There is also storage inside the washer & dryer closet. We store our golf bags in there.

amyhwang

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Ko Olina
Thanks!

I'm just worried about getting a lock-off with a king bed. I guess I feel safer with the Harbour Lake getaway - it says the second bedroom has queen so I'm assuming it's a dedicated 2br. I'll probably go with that.

disneymom1

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Ocean, Marriott Surfwatch, Marriott Manor Club Sequel
I just recently booked a getaway for Grande Vista and have 2 small childen so I really prefered a nonlockoff (don't want them to have access to an exterior door, fridge or patio from their room). Call Interval International and let them know what you want at Grande Vista - the layouts are in their computer and they can book what you request specifically.

JPrisco

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dioxide is correct... but I would like to add that Grande Vista does have large pantries. I rarely use them for anything but there is plenty of storage. There is also storage inside the washer & dryer closet. We store our golf bags in there.

We just stayed at Grande Vista in Building 83 for two weeks and had No pantry. The cabinet space was real limited too - all our food was on the counter - very annoying.
Guess the original buildings did not have them?