• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

II does the right thing.

ctscribe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yesterday, I saw I had a accomodation certificate in "my units". As DRI member I have to use DRI number to trade to through II. When I saw the AC I called the DRI number for II and spoke with lady and I asked what it was for? Long delay on hold before she said was an owner incentive.

This morning I went to exchange the certificate and it had been removed. I called this morning to inquire as to where the certificate went. Rob (agent) said he would find out. I sat on hold again :zzz: and Rob came back to tell that it was a mistake the certificates shouldn't been given to anyone.:crash:

When I gave him the certificate number he was somewhat surprised and I said I'm sorry that is unacceptable because I verified it was owner award and was told so.

I said to Rob please check with you manager to reinstate the certificate. Rob returned after another :zzz: hold time and told in the interest of good customer relations we have reinstated the AC. :banana:

I thanked Rob wished him well.

I not sure how this work with DRI/II but I really think that DRI actually agreed to give the certificate after they screwed up. If I didn't have the certificate # I would have been left out. If your get certificates make sure you right down numbers right way, it saved me.:clap:

JulieAB

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lifetime in Hawaii, Disney's Grand Californian
Really? You lucky duck! I didn't write down the number. Think it's worth a shot or am I just out of luck? I was sooooo bummed to see that gone yesterday.

ctscribe

TUG Member
Reaction score
II Does Right Thing

It wouldn't hurt to tell them you saw the certificate in your units and went to use it and wasn't there. Tell them you really are disappointed.

Just be nice about it.

tlsbooks

TUG Member
Reaction score
I called II as soon as the certificate disappeared and was referred to Diamond...who said "sorry, it was an error."

I also sent an email to DRI but have gotten no response. :(

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
Who else was able to receive a certificate? Just wondering!

We received and exchanged one before they were pulled. I've been watching my account to see if the exchange remains confirmed or if it gets cancelled. It's a concern because, if it gets cancelled I could be letting units/weeks slip by with another deposit I have with I.I. I would be mighty ticked off if the vacation I thought I had, I didn't have and had allowed something that was acceptable pass by.

I'm reluctant to call I.I. as it's a unit and week I really wanted and fits perfectly with our vacation plans. I've decided that it's worth the risk of waiting in that I can always book that week in Branson and, while not the vacation I was wanting, would be an acceptable vacation if all else failed.

It is encouraging that I.I. has given this certificate back in the interest of good customer service. It give me hope that mine will remain confirmed instead of hitting the canceled file.

DRI definately has some work to do. This has not made my vacation experience fit their "simplicity" model. They've done a few things in the last few months that lead one to believe the "simplicity" is just a word used to make sales. So far I've been overbilled once, found a surprise $70 SA due (no bill, just happened to notice it when I checked my account) and now this. That's three strikes inside of 1 year. NOT a good way to start out after buying Sunterra and now wanting to buy Bluegreen.

Last edited:

JulieAB

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well, I just got off the phone. No dice. The rep was all prepared with a statement when I said "I had an accomdation cert..." and pratically cut me off mid-sentence. He said it was an error and they did a sweep to remove them. I mentioned the others with ongoing requests and confirmed reservations with their ACs, "so surely it couldn't be an error." But he stated they had millions of customers and it takes time to get through them all, but all would be removed. Not sure if he was just giving me a line, dougp, or if that is true. :shrug: I also mentioned ctscribe who got his back and get said he didn't know the details of that account, maybe he had something that merited an AC, but kept stating that I had nothing that deserved the AC and so it was an error. :annoyed:

Quite sad as I was so excited as I talked to my DH Monday night about inviting our extended family with us, etc, because of this AC. And I can't help but be annoyed at DRI's handling. No email or note to apologize about the "glitch." They just hoped no one noticed and left their CS reps to handle the dirty work of talking to annoyed and disappointed owners. Seems very unprofessional and doesn't do anything for their image!

JulieAB

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tuesday night, I sent an email to the CEO's generic address about my disappointment over the AC mistake. I just received a phone call, I think from a woman named Linda, apologizing over the mistake. She explained that they still don't know what happened or how many owners it happened to. I mentioned my frustration over the lack of acknowledgement of the mistake -- no email or post on the website about the error and an apology. She agreed there should be a corporate response and wasn't sure why there hadn't been one yet. She figured they would issue a response once they understand how the error was made. I told her that every day that ticks by, is one more day owners are disappointed in DRI's customer service. I asked what would happen to those that have already made reservations with the AC and she didn't know. I said the longer they let this go, they run the risk of people making airline reservations and then REALLY ticking them off if the AC is cancelled. She agreed that a decision will need to be made soon.

So I didn't get anything out of it but an acknowledgement and a personal apology, but it's better than nothing. And I gathered from the conversation, that those that have already made reservations with the AC will probably get to keep them.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Well, I just got off the phone. No dice. The rep was all prepared with a statement when I said "I had an accomdation cert..." and pratically cut me off mid-sentence. He said it was an error and they did a sweep to remove them. I mentioned the others with ongoing requests and confirmed reservations with their ACs, "so surely it couldn't be an error." But he stated they had millions of customers and it takes time to get through them all, but all would be removed. Not sure if he was just giving me a line, dougp, or if that is true. :shrug: I also mentioned ctscribe who got his back and get said he didn't know the details of that account, maybe he had something that merited an AC, but kept stating that I had nothing that deserved the AC and so it was an error. :annoyed:

Quite sad as I was so excited as I talked to my DH Monday night about inviting our extended family with us, etc, because of this AC. And I can't help but be annoyed at DRI's handling. No email or note to apologize about the "glitch." They just hoped no one noticed and left their CS reps to handle the dirty work of talking to annoyed and disappointed owners. Seems very unprofessional and doesn't do anything for their image!

Personally, I'd rather you leave my name out of it when communicating with I.I. I'd just as soon not have my confirmed exchange cancelled because someone shown a light on it.

Shame on me for even posting that I had managed a confirmed reservation on these forums. Rest assured I won't make that mistake a second time.

JulieAB

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I didn't mention anyone's name (I don't know anyone's name here), just that I knew a few fellow owners that had used theirs. They have 360,000 owners, she said, it could be anyone.

I'm sorry if you feel I've wrecked your chances at keeping it, that was not my intent to do any harm. There was another gentleman who was worried/wondering about making plane reservations, so that's what I tried to find out while I had her on the phone. Obviously, he, himself, can't call II or DRI, or he surely will have it removed.

Again, I apologize. No names were mentioned at all. I really got the impression they would let those confirmed owners keep them. But as someone else recommended, print out the confirmation, screen shot of your account, the certificate number, email correspondence, etc, so IF they try to take it away, you can back everything up (like ctscribe was able to do on the first post here).

JulieAB

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Doug, another thought I had...why don't you go back and edit those posts (if you can), in case "they" are reading? It'd make me feel safer if it were me.

JulieAB

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Here's a link to an acknowledgement/explanation DRI finally put up in their forums. http://www.diamondresortsforums.com/Topic3611-42-1.aspx
You can only access this if you're a DRI member, just use your established username/password that you use for the DRI site.

Amazingly, they say it was II's fault!

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Apparently this was actually an I.I. error that put the AC's into every member of DRI's THE Club. If that's really the case then I don't see DRI attempting to track down each and every AC that was exchanged and I seriously doubt that I.I. will worry about running them down either. The AC's weren't in the accounts long enough to cause a major problem. Once exchanged my bet is they've been lost in the shufle and it would be more difficult than it was worth to go looking for them. Not to mention the fact they have the exchange money form the transaction. I'm just glad this happened at the very moment I was looking for an exchange that was within driving distance of my home.

ctscribe

TUG Member
Reaction score
I really think we should let this string die and prevent any possible losses to the ones who were able to trade/exchange the certificates. The more banter about it the more opportunity for DRI/II to follow the string. Should just stop here.:deadhorse:

Next time we all know to be quick on the draw!