• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

II confirmation for ongoing search in account today, but no email?

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I chose the option to resend the confirmation, even though I didn't get one. It's been a few days since the week matched, yet no email from II.

I think I know why this happened, and it's happened to me before, and I remember others talking about it. I believe if you match to something with that same ongoing search, and you call to have them enter exact dates, they keep the same number on that ongoing search, even though it's now slightly modified. That number is still the confirmation number, so when there is a match that is what you want, no confirmation comes, because you already have one with that number on it.

Since it's happened twice to me in the last few months, I would say the identical confirmation doesn't trigger an automatic confirm.

I am disappointed in this, if it truly is the case, because I don't look at II every day. I especially don't necessarily check to see if all of my weeks are still in my account with the ongoing searches. Besides that, it was Starwood, and I am completely lost with this new mess with no deposit numbers (except ST2 for every one). I see this long list of weeks listed as 2 BED, and Side A and Side B lockoffs. It's just a mess.

II needs to fix this somehow. First they need to acknowledge the problem. I guess I will call, between doing laundry and cleaning the oven today. We have guests coming in for a visit from Wyoming. Geesh. Too much to do.

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I had this happen a while ago. I received an email saying did I want to purchase insurance for my recent exchange....But I never got the email that my ongoing search had confirmed. I had decided to cancel the exchange request and just hadn't got to it because our plans had changed and some of the requests had been filled other ways. I searched all through my junk mail and deleted and I did not receive the confirmation.

I called and asked a supervisor to make a one time exception to cancel without penalty and they did so (and noted my account of course)

It sounds like they have some kind of glitch for sure

jdunn1

TUG Member
Reaction score
II is so bad with exchanges. For almost two years I have waited for even one match using my WM points. It has to be a glitch because I can see primo units doing a search myself, just nothing ever gets matched. Then, half the time when I call II, I find out II has a "soft hold" on a unit nothing close to what I had requested. I think all those "soft holds" are messing with my search requests.

Cindy, intalking with II, I found out your deposit number will turn into your confirmation number, should you get an exchange. I wonder if you are not getting emails because II is using the same confirmation number over and over for you (and everyone else).

I get emails from RCI all the time about my search requests but never anything from II.

SDMiller

TUG Member
Reaction score
This has been an ongoing problem with II - for years with us - so
I know I have to check II every day - or I will miss out. We own Marriotts so it is a problem for us as well.

SD

Judy

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
I too was matched to a resort in an II ongoing search without ever receiving an email or phone confirmation. Mine was just a simple search without my having called to make any changes.