• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

II Cancellation Policy for an exchange with Enrolled week

Carlsbadguy

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have an II exchange to Park City at the end of February and not sure if I will be going. I know there are differences in what II gives you in allowing another exchange depending upon the cancellation date? Does anyone know the differences in canceling 30 days vs 14 days in advance?
Thanks

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
From the II terms and conditions;

When a Member notifies II of his or her desire to cancel a Confirmation seven days or more prior to the first date of occupancy of the Host Accommodations being canceled, the Member will be entitled to request substitute exchange accommodations, as long as the Member requests travel occurring no later than 12 months following the date on which the Member cancels said Confirmation for Host Accommodations. However, the time period in which the Member is entitled to request substitute exchange accommodations is limited, as follows:

(i) When a Member notifies II of his or her desire to cancel the Confirmation 60 days or more prior to the first date of occupancy of his or her Host Accommodations, the Member may request substitute exchange accommodations at any time from the date of cancellation up to 24 hours prior to the first date of occupancy of such substitute exchange accommodations.

(ii) Where the Member notifies II of his or her desire to cancel the Confirmation 59 days to 14 days prior to the first date of occupancy of his or her Host Accommodations, the Member may request substitute exchange accommodations 59 days to 24 hours prior to the first date of occupancy of such substitute exchange accommodations.

(iii) When a Member notifies II of his or her desire to cancel the Confirmation from 13 to seven days prior to the first date of occupancy of his or her Host Accommodations, the Member may request substitute exchange accommodations from limited travel destinations 30 days to 24 hours prior to the first date of occupancy of such substitute exchange accommodations.

(iv) II will retain the exchange fee paid initially to secure the canceled Confirmation.

rthib

TUG Member
Reaction score
Remember with an enrolled week you can retrade as many times as you want for free. So it might be easier to just move your trade out if you can't go vs trying to jump through the cancelation hoops. You will find retrade link under history.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Remember with an enrolled week you can retrade as many times as you want for free. So it might be easier to just move your trade out if you can't go vs trying to jump through the cancelation hoops. You will find retrade link under history.
Yes I did this over 10 times on a week once. All for free of course.

Carlsbadguy

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Does it work if I cancel and retrade 2 days before my week which only allows me to rebook for a new destination 30 days max in advance and then can I retrade that for another week up to 59 days in advance as long as I do the retrade 14 days or more in advance of the reservation?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Does it work if I cancel and retrade 2 days before my week which only allows me to rebook for a new destination 30 days max in advance and then can I retrade that for another week up to 59 days in advance as long as I do the retrade 14 days or more in advance of the reservation?
You would need to pay to add ePlus to do that. Once you have a 30 day restricted deposit or week, you are always stuck in the 30 days. Adding ePlus may allow you to retrade out 59 days though.

Carlsbadguy

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
It's an enrolled week so I don't need EPlus. I am wondering if it is possible to do the first retrade 13 to 7 days prior to my reservation which allows me to rebook a max of 30 days prior to check-in. Then can I retrade that reservation 14 days or more before check-in and then rebook under the 59 days prior to the check-in rule, or can I only do the second retrade up to 30 days before check-in no matter how far in advance I cancel?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
It's an enrolled week so I don't need EPlus. I am wondering if it is possible to do the first retrade 13 to 7 days prior to my reservation which allows me to rebook a max of 30 days prior to check-in. Then can I retrade that reservation 14 days or more before check-in and then rebook under the 59 days prior to the check-in rule, or can I only do the second retrade up to 30 days before check-in no matter how far in advance I cancel?
The week won't flip from 30 day restricted to 59 day restricted like that. Once you are in 30 day restriction you are stuck there.

Carlsbadguy

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was just looking at some retrades I did in 2008 with the first retrade being done within 7 days of check-in and one retrade was more than 30 days restricted.
Original check-in date Jan 26, canceled 7 days ahead- Retrades Feb 18-April 1-April 9- April 30. The first retrade was just a placeholder for me as it was the only Marriott available within 30 days and the second retrade was more than 30 days.

Has anyone recently done their first retrade 13 days or less and been able to do a subsequent retrade 59 days or less.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I guess you don't beleive me, that's okay :) However, the information I am providing is based on our own recent experience. We have done a lot of exchanges over the last nine months and had several we have had to retrade inside of 14 days, even some inside of 7 days. All were 30 day restricted after that. Re-trading out to the 30th day didn't all of a sudden make that able to be re-traded out to 59 days. So what was possible 12 years ago may no longer be.

From what I understand, this may be possible by adding ePlus and paying the $59 fee. I don't think ePlus has the 30 day restriction. It never gets less than 59. EPlus also allows you to retrade 59 days beyond the check in date. So with three retrades on an ePlus, you may be able to get out almost six months the same day you add EPlus. I have also read where people indicated if they did retrade outside of the 59 day window that when they cancelled their exchange, it was no longer Flexchange 59 day restricted. Of course, a cancellation replacement may not carry the Marriott priority and I also don't know if at tha

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
I once had a week that was in the 30 day restriction. Somehow I got it back to 60 days. I had a reservation that overlapped the 30days, then I booked again and it let me go more than 30. I'll check my history to see how I did it. (I may have posted about this before as well.)

Carlsbadguy

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I decided to do the retrade today which is 14 days and just picked a placeholder week out to 59 days and will see where I want to go later. Next time this happens I will cancel 13 days or less and see what happens on the second retrade.

Carlsbadguy

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought I had done the retrade on Friday and I guess I did not push the final button so now I am in the 30-day limitation. I will advise if the 30 day limitation holds when I try to retrade.

Carlsbadguy

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just did a retrade 8 days in advance of check-in.

If you cancel 7 to 14 days in advance you can only do a retrade within 30 days of the date you cancel the exchange. That retrade then allows searching and booking up to 59 days in advance.
Today I cancelled a reservation I had for Feb 20 and did a retrade for as far out as I could, with no intention of going there, for Marriott Manor Club for March 14, as I was only allowed to search for up to 30 days. I then immediately started a retrade for that week and the dates for a new search allowed up to 59 days and I booked a week in Palm Springs for April 11.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Well, I went back through the History of our week that we re-traded 12 times. DW did all the trades and retrades. I can also see where we were inside the 30 day restriction and then back out of it. I stand corrected. Seems like a glitch with the system, shhh, we won't tell them.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
Well, I went back through the History of our week that we re-traded 12 times. DW did all the trades and retrades. I can also see where we were inside the 30 day restriction and then back out of it. I stand corrected. Seems like a glitch with the system, shhh, we won't tell them.
I believe the takeaway here is that your wife is smarter than you are!!! ;-)