• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

II bonus week question?

rsackett

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Harbour Point
Can a bonus week Accommodation Certificate pull anything in Flex Change? For example can a bonus week Accommodation Certificate pull a three bedroom if one is avaiable? If so what would be the charge? In flex change are all restrictions lifted?

Thanks

tashamen

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc points (former Club Intrawest), Trapp Family Lodge
I believe that MOST of the restrictions are lifted during flexchange. The AC I have right now says it can't be used for 4 specific resorts (including Four Seasons & Franz Klammer), or for resorts under common management with mine. (However I have seen Club Intrawest units with it, so am not sure if that applies only within a certain time frame.) Also, I bekieve that the downward quality restriction still apply during flexchange - in other words the AC will not pull resorts with much lower quality than what I deposited.

And yes, you can pull 3 bedrooms during flexchange - but you can also pull them at other times (if the resort is available during that timeframe). The AC I currently have charges $199 for a studio, $249 for a 1 bedroom, and $299 for anything larger.

rsackett

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Harbour Point
Thanks for the info.

Unfortunatley, as it turns out I do not have a Bonus Week! It was to be transfered into my II account as part of a Marriott Manor Club purchase. II now says they can not transfer a Bonus Week between accounts, even though both the seller and I asked this question several times.
The seller has graciously offered to book the Bonus week for me if I would like him to. I may try this in the summer (kids and school). I'm not sure exactly how I would do this since I will not be able to search to see what is available.

So for future reference II WILL NOT transfer Bonus Weeks between accounts.

gmarine

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thats right. II does not transfer banked weeks at all.

siki

TUG Member
Reaction score
gmarine said:
Thats right. II does not transfer banked weeks at all.

When we sold our platinum unit at the Aruba Surf Club, we had 2 weeks banked with II. We had locked-off our unit. Both weeks were transferred into the new owners account. This was over a year ago.

gmarine

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
siki said:
When we sold our platinum unit at the Aruba Surf Club, we had 2 weeks banked with II. We had locked-off our unit. Both weeks were transferred into the new owners account. This was over a year ago.

I stand corrected. When I was looking into a resale a couple years ago an II rep told me that weeks couldnt be transferred.

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Clarifying, I believe II's policy is as follows:

As rsackett stated, II doesn't transfer bonus weeks.

II will transfer banked/deposited weeks to a new owner only if the seller's entire II account is transferred. In such a case, II requires that a fee be paid to extend the membership by at least a year to complete the transfer.

However, II's software doesn't allow for transferring of banked weeks from one account to another account.

II can still accommodate a seller who (1) agrees to transfer a banked week to the buyer and (2) has other II timeshares. Transferring the entire II account is not practical in such a situation. Thus, II cancels the week in the seller's account and deposits a substitute week in the buyer's account. The substitute week may or may not have the same trading power as the original week.

rsackett

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Harbour Point
Dave M said:
As rsackett stated, II doesn't transfer bonus weeks.

The frustrating part is both the seller and I were told on several occations by different CSRs that it would be "No Problem" to transfer the bonus week!

Oh Well I did get a good trade with my week they did "transfer".