• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

II Accommodations Certificate questions

exco

Reaction score
Does one receive one Interval's Accommodations Certificate per one high-demand week deposit?
How can I tell whether my week currently qualifies for an AC before joinng II?
Are they like bonus weeks offered by other exchange company?
How much does it cost to use the Accommodations Certificate received via deposit and the free Accommodations Certificate ? Are they the same?

Is the information at https://tug2.net/timeshare_advice/interval-international-timeshare-exchange-faq.html
up-to-date?

Is there a promotion for II membership now?

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
A free AC is dropped into your account for no apparent reason. You didn't deposit or buy anything. It just "magically" appears in your account. This might happen if Interval has excess inventory, and is usually good for overdeveloped areas and/or low demand weeks. But, not always!

An AC for deposit is just that. You deposit your unit for exchange in Interval, but you don't have to actually make the exchange before you get the AC. Sometimes you can split up your unit (if it's a lock off) and get an AC for each side that you deposit.

You can post on TUG and ask if anyone has the same week as yours to check if Interval is offering an AC for deposit.

The cost can vary anywhere from $199 to $399. Depending on the AC and promotions.

The TUG information on that link needs to be updated. Fees are higher. For example, an Interval exchange is now $209

Not sure about bonus weeks or promotions for II membership.

GetawaysRus

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Desert Springs Villas 2
Marriott Grand Chateau
I received a postcard from Interval a few months ago telling me that I'll get an AC for deposit if I deposit my week by Nov 30. That's the only way I know, but the postcard doesn't specify which resort or resorts this is for (I own more than one timeshare). If I sign on to my Interval account, I don't see any special symbol in the "My Units" section of their website. And I don't see anything under "My Messages."

Since my units are lockoffs, past experience is that I should get 2 ACs if I lock the unit off into Master and Studio and then deposit both separately.

In the past, my ACs for deposit have been more expensive than the "freebie" ACs that have magically appeared in my account. Recent cost for redeeming an AC for deposit has been very close to $400, but these ACs have been a little more "powerful" than the free ACs in the sense that I've seen some better redemptions.

The AC game is an odd one. If I find a trade that I'd like using an AC, I've learned to check all of my ACs to see which ones offer that same potential redemption and which offers the best price. Sometimes I've found the same trade using a less costly AC.

Another interesting thing is that this year Interval has extended several of the free ACs by several months. I assume that travel demand is down due to Covid-19 and they have excess inventory that they're trying to sell. I don't remember ACs being extended in the past.

You also asked if there's a current promotion for Interval membership. I don't know the answer, but you can call them and see what they offer you. Yes, several times in the past I was offered a discount to extend our basic membership (usually pricing was better if I extended for several years rather than just one year), and there have been some promotions for Interval Gold or Platinum level upgrade. My Interval Platinum membership expired this summer. I'm waiting for a Platinum 2-for-1 offer (2 years for the price of one year) before considering if I should take it.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
ACs for deposit are out there, I use to get the offers for my Williamsburg gold rated resort. I only get them now for my non rated FL resort. I have used them in the past and I "think" the last time was $229 to use, but that was couple years ago. I personally wouldn't join II and deposit anything just for the perk of one of these though.

To know if they will offer you one for deposit, yes a post card will come out (sometimes) but the easiest way is to look at your units in II. There is a notation with a gift box next to it with the details. Example below for one I have out there now.

Capture.PNG

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
Lots of good info already posted. Just wanted to add that I personally find MORE inventory in the freebie ACs then the ones for deposit AND the exchange fees are slightly less as well. I have two ACs for deposit right now which I haven’t used. The one good thing is the ACs for deposit do have the ability to place a request. I haven’t tried that yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gnipgnop

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Theiggy: I have an AC sitting in my account but I'm not sure what you mean by an AC for deposit? When I search for use of my AC it only gives me areas for which I can choose using that AC. What am I missing? How do you deposit an AC????

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
Theiggy: I have an AC sitting in my account but I'm not sure what you mean by an AC for deposit? When I search for use of my AC it only gives me areas for which I can choose using that AC. What am I missing? How do you deposit an AC????

See post 2 above for explanation. An AC for deposit is a bonus AC you get from II for depositing your resort week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gnipgnop

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh I see ........ you were talking about getting an AC for the deposit that I made. I misunderstood thinking you meant that an AC could be deposited, which I never heard of. Thanks for clearing that up ... I thought I was missing out on something important. :shrug:

exco

Reaction score
I would like to thank everyone for your replies. They contained a lot of really useful information for me.

Before RCI bought Dial an Exchange (DAE), I deposited my weeks with US DAE that was affiliated with the European DAE.
Then they raised their exchange fee to almost double the original fee. So I switched to Trading Places International.

Trading Places was bought by II several years ago. However, it is still managed independently from II.
Their bonus week has a fixed fee of $229. I usually got 1 bonus week, sometimes 2 bonus weeks per deposit.

Its membership fee is free. The disadvantage to depositing with Trading Places is there are not many resorts in their inventory
to choose from. As long as I went to one of the resorts they managed it was not a big problem.
Now I wonder if I should purchase II membership, and deposit my weeks with II since it is not predictable
when I would get an AC, or how much the price would be to use the AC.

Last edited:

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Now I wonder if I should purchase II membership, and deposit my weeks with II since it is not predictable
when I would get an AC, or how much the price would be to use the AC.

IMO, if the only reason why you would go the II route is to get an AC, then I would not bother. Don't get me wrong, I have had alot of success with ACs over the years and some awesome very last minute exchanges. But, I would venture to say most do not and the ACs go unused.

Now, if what you have been doing all these years isn't working out for you, then maybe it is time to make the switch anyway.

What may help you decide is you can join II and pay the membership fee. You DO NOT have to deposit your week. You can still search inventory, even make requests on an undeposited week and heck, maybe you will get a free AC just for having an account! It may be worth the payment of the II membership fee just for you to explore your options. If you don't think it will work for you after doing so, then just don't deposit the week.

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
IMO, if the only reason why you would go the II route is to get an AC, then I would not bother. ...maybe you will get a free AC just for having an account! It may be worth the payment of the II membership fee just for you to explore your options.
Depending on the OP's situation, just having a membership and not depositing may indeed work. I divested all of my TS contracts last year, but kept my II account to take advantage of Getaways and free ACs, which I still get. It works for me because I prefer shoulder-season or off-season stays (well, except during The Year Of The Covid, when I'm not going anywhere at any time).

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Don't ACs for deposit usually have tiered pricing? Or is that something from days gone by? IIRC, pricing on those was different depending on the size of the unit you confirmed into. The pricing on the freebie ACs is the same regardless of the unit size you book. THough I have noticed them changing the price on the ACs after they have been issued.