• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

If you need to contact Hawaiian Airlines prepare for long wait times.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Warning...if you need to contact Hawaiian Airlines prepare for long wait times.

I had to call Hawaiian Airlines to arrange wheelchair assistance. During my first attempt (Tuesday 7pm HST), I waited an hour before hanging up. I tried again two days later (Thursday 10am HST) and waited a little over two hours until I finally got a representative.

NOTE: Live chat was disabled and both text and email responses from an actual rep were received 12+ hours later.

5D27D211-7DA0-4987-97B4-8174A13AFB0B.jpeg

Spent a little over 2 hours waiting for a customer service representative.
39A86140-302E-44B3-82A6-11F05E1D946C.png

Last edited:

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
I've had some similar experiences with HA - and I recently picked up their Visa to work toward a trip to Hawaii. I hope sllllooooowwww customer service is not a harbinger of things to come....

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
Warning...if you need to contact Hawaiian Airlines prepare for long wait times.

I had to call Hawaiian Airlines to arrange wheelchair assistance. During my first attempt (Tuesday 7pm HST), I waited an hour before hanging up. I tried again two days later (Thursday 10am HST) and waited a little over two hours until I finally got a representative.

NOTE: Live chat was disabled and both text and email responses from an actual rep were received 12+ hours later.

View attachment 35381

Spent a little over 2 hours waiting for
a customer service representation
A few months ago I had to change a Hawaiian Airlines Reservation from October 2021 to December 2021 and waited over an hour for someone to answer the phone. While you can change reservation on line by yourself when you are paying with money this was a miles reservation using the SAME number of mile so for that I needed to talk to a customer service representative. I wrote to Hawaiian Airlines and told them if they let people change reservations using points just like they let people make reservations using points and make and change reservations when paying with money the wait times on the phone may not be so long.

They answered with an answer that didn't address the issue of changing reservations on line using miles.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Isn't this just about the new normal for every big company customer service?

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Isn't this just about the new normal for every big company customer service?
Oh my, I hope not. A two hour wait is ridiculous.

United Airlines provides customers the option to receive a call back (instead of waiting) which I’ve always take advantage of.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Oh my, I hope not. A two hour wait is ridiculous.

United Airlines provides customers the option to receive a call back (instead of waiting) which I’ve always take advantage of.
As does Southwest.

With respect to @dioxide45 's earlier point, it seems to be the trend that customer service performed via email never answers the question(s) asked - thus rendering that option essentially worthless. Replies via email are intentionally vague and off point (not to mention a reply takes entirely too long to be handled).

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
As does Southwest.

With respect to @dioxide45 's earlier point, it seems to be the trend that customer service performed via email never answers the question(s) asked - thus rendering that option essentially worthless. Replies via email are intentionally vague and off point (not to mention a reply takes entirely too long to be handled).
The problem with email responses is the companies don't want to empower their employees to make decisions and really solve anything for you. They just want them to copy paste some canned response based on the reason for your email and they hope it will make you go away. The harder they make it to get a resolution, the bigger the chance they will force you into submission to the point you simply give up.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
I recall a pretty long wait time when i was dealing with Hawaiian early in the pandemic and i needed to cancel some reservations. I know I am spoiled with United allowing so much to be done with their website. Of course united is a much larger company and deeper resources than Hawaiian.

I had pretty good luck calling Hawaiian back in Dec or Jan to book new flights with my credits. Sound like the boom in travel has them floundering again.

At one point I know many call centers had gone to reduced staffing to allow for social distancing, while others implemented systems to allow agents to answer calls from their homes. Not sure the current status of those operations.

DinaM

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kaanapali ORV
I had to call this morning due to them spelling my name incorrectly on a reservation- the hold time was only 5 minutes. It was a pleasant surprise. This was after an over 2 hour hold to make the reservation last week.

pspercy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Ocean Club x2
DC points
I too need a name correction, yesterday the line appeared down. Today it's a busy signal all the time so far.
Getting pretty fed up with them.

10spro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV-I (x3)
Marriott DC Points
Westin WKORV OFD
It was almost 2 and 1/2 hours for us last night. We had tried 3 times in the past few days, different times of day, gave up after an hour each time, but had no choice since it could not be handled online. They said they were very busy with rebooking people, not sure why. I was kind of on the fence with HA before, but I'm going back to Alaska Airlines, they're not perfect but have never had this much trouble reaching a person.

DinaM

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kaanapali ORV
I agree. Now that I’ve used my credits, I am going to avoid Hawaiian. I love Alaska Airlines, and was sad when they stopped flying Sacramento to Maui.

pspercy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Ocean Club x2
DC points
I too need a name correction, yesterday the line appeared down. Today it's a busy signal all the time so far.
Getting pretty fed up with them.

Finally got thru' about 1030pm CDT tonight.

No wonder there's long waits, two simple name changes to one flight segment took nearly 20minutes, but finally it's done :)

Last edited:

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
Finally got thru' about 1030pm CDT tonight.

No wonder there's long waits, two simple name changes to one flight segment took nearly 20minutes, but finally it's done :)

One of the reasons for long wait times is that things you should be able to do on line you CAN'T and must talk to a reservation agent. This past winter I had to change a Hawaiian Airlines Reservation from October 2021 to December 2021 and waited over an hour for someone to answer the phone. While you can change reservation on line by yourself when you are paying with money since this was a miles reservation using the SAME number of miles I needed to talk to a customer service representative. It is like the reservation agents don't have enough work so make them do needless things!

Quote Reply

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
American wait times have been horrendous, too. I couldn’t apply my flight credits and do mileage upgrades online, so I had to call in. It took 3.5 hours for the call back. The agent made a mistake on the booking, so I had to make another call the following day. This time (5pm on a Wednesday), it took 5.5 hours to get a call back!

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)