• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

if you have an RCI points account, can you only exchange to other points resorts?

krmlaw

TUG Member
Reaction score
So, if you have an RCI points resort ownership (88,500 points), can you only exchange to other points resorts? Or can you exhange to weeks resorts too?

Also, is 88,500 enough points for good exchanges? Im not too familiar with RCI points, as I always owned weeks.

Thanks!

philsfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
You have access to weeks units at resorts that have never sold points. If they have sold points ownerships, you have to book using a standard points reservation vs. a weeks reservation.

You can look here to get a general idea if what it takes to reserve weeks units using points. I don't know if this is current but it will give you something to work with to determine what point values you can expect to pay. I paid 40K for a 1 bdr Gold Crown in Mexico last year. This link says its 45K so maybe it is current.

Last edited:

gorevs9

TUG Member
Reaction score
So, if you have an RCI points resort ownership (88,500 points), can you only exchange to other points resorts? Or can you exhange to weeks resorts too?

Also, is 88,500 enough points for good exchanges? Im not too familiar with RCI points, as I always owned weeks.

Thanks!

See my answer to your similar question on a different thread.

The link from the PP for using Points to book at a weeks resort looks up to date, and you can see the various Point values in the online RCI directory (you don't have to be a member). Search resorts in the various resorts where you want to travel (Points resorts have the RCI Points logo in the listing). There is a link for the Point values in the listings for the individual resort.

krmlaw

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone, I just bid on it and won. From Ebay. 88,500 points at Presidental Villas at Plantation Resort in SC. MF $607. Dont think thats too bad.

I called RCI too, and spoke with a points guide for about 1/2 hour. They were great as well.

Now hopefully everything will go ok with closing.

gorevs9

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone, I just bid on it and won. From Ebay. 88,500 points at Presidental Villas at Plantation Resort in SC. MF $607. Dont think thats too bad.

Congrats...didn't you just finish up with another purchase? The TS bug has bitten you bad:rofl: Good Luck and Happy Travels.

krmlaw

TUG Member
Reaction score
YEAH I KNOW! I just bought a 4 bedroom in Williamsburg! haha. I HAVE TO STOP!!!!

philsfan

TUG Member
Reaction score

I called RCI too, and spoke with a points guide for about 1/2 hour. They were great as well.

Now hopefully everything will go ok with closing.

I think this is a great deal, 88.5K for 99 cents?!?!?. Congrats, I paid about $2K more for about the same amount of points and my MF's are higher.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Remember: the "great bargain" when you buy happens only once. The MFs keep coming.

-brian, who'd really love one of those RCI Points leases, but needs to sell something else first.

krmlaw

TUG Member
Reaction score
Im REALLY Excited about the deal we got! Lets just hope closing goes ok!