• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

If You’re Offered a Vaccine, Take It

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
We got our first dose yesterday at Fred Hutch ( https://www.fredhutch.org/en.html ) in Seattle. Like you, we had been monitoring websites for initial activation. Friends who logged on moments earlier, alerted us; they got in the first day (Wednesday). The Hutch set up an efficient high throughput socially distanced system. I believe that the point of reservations is to even the flow of arrivals since no one cared that my appointment was 45 minutes after Sara's (due to the time it took to make consecutive entries). There were chairs 6 feet apart in the final queue before injection. At the station after check-in they scheduled our follow up shots (3 weeks for us on Pfizer). It took about 45 minutes from arrival outside until injection. Then 15 minutes siting in individual booths with timers before we could leave. CDC vaccination cards are issued and contain lot number & expiration date. They emphasize that you not lose those cards.

Jack
It was no more than 5 minutes from when I walked in the main door at the UW Medical Center to when I was sitting with a nurse getting ready for the shot. I hadn't had time to fill out even a quarter of the 2-page questionnaire. So we finished off the form, she did her mandatory information, within 5 minutes I was removing my shirt to have the shot, Fifteen minutes later I was out the door.

bluehende

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
(This is not addressed to you, Panina. I'm just using your quote.)

There are two elements to herd immunity. One is a vaccine and the other is to build natural immunity (get sick). Too bad we wasted 6 months over Spring and Summer not getting the under 30 years old (99+% survival rate) natural immunity. And protect the most vulnerable at the same time.

Yet, we expect our under 30-year-olds to go fight wars.

Yea, I said it.

Appropriate part

Studies in June and July cast doubt on prospects for herd immunity: despite months of exposure, antibody surveys found a low seroprevalence, less than 10%, in cities in Spain and Switzerland. Commentators in The Lancet concluded that “In light of these findings, any proposed approach to achieve herd immunity through natural infection is not only highly unethical, but also unachievable”. Sceptics raised other concerns, observing that other coronaviruses induce only transient antibody defences. Defenders of herd immunity, however, have persisted.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Right now....I could lie on a questionnaire and get the vaccine at a local pharmacy. There are plenty of spots. I know people are doing this now (the ones I know are seniors and not yet in a priority group) and getting their shots. There is no ID checking to ensure they are a priority group.

I don't begrudge any senior from getting it and I am very happy the close personal relatives go theirs today (even though they most likely didn't tell the whole truth to get it).

I'm annoyed tonight that people that work in admin positions in priority groups in non public facing jobs (medical billing, first responder dispatch) can get it....but our Seniors need to fudge their application to get it......

And yeah...a bit of me wants to fudge that application and go get it tomorrow too.....but I won't, there are more high risk people than me. So I will wait......(and stew about it at the same time)

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
First spot open for my sister and her husband in Seattle to get the vaccine is March 24. In Missouri, we're on hold until notified of availability. Whenever that is?

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
When we went to Publix today, there were people in line for shots. BUT there were not enough shots available to take any more reservations. Our county is OUT. (Collier County, Naples - Marco Island area)

Hobokie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara (HGVC) + Worldmark
I also say hooray to the savvy people who aren't in an open tier, but hang out near the end of the day in hopes of scoring a shot that would otherwise go to waste. The goal is to get as many people vaccinated as quickly as possible, so every dose should get used.
I didn’t even know this was a thing/possible? Shoot, I’d wait around a few days to see if I get lucky! Where did you see/read/hear about this so that I can follow up for more info?

emeryjre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just received my first dose of Pfizer Vaccine an hour ago. Got an appointment via my health care system (Scripps) in North County San Diego. I have spent considerable time sorting out the various methods of getting an appointment. The first shots are going to the people familiar with apps, websites, and techy methods of communications. If you did not know which website to visit, which twitter feed to monitor, or which app to keep checking every 15 minutes, you probably have not been able to get an appointment. The exception has been for health care professionals that have been kept up to date by their employers.

The systems to make appointments have been set up by young people. They are using the communication tools that they have grown up with. They are starting to realize that their grandmother and grandfather are generally lost in this process. When California opened up to 65 and up, I have been very busy helping my older neighbors get appointments to the best of my ability. I have gotten many of them appointments that they otherwise would not have. I have also been giving information to their children, so their family can help as well. We are talking people in their late 70's on up.

I hope that very soon the appointment setting software techies and the supervisors realize that their is a large group of high risk people being missed by our current method's of making appointments. Most older people are proud that they can make a phone call with an iPhone and maybe check their email. Beyond that, it is a small group.

I am hoping in 2- 3 weeks, things look different. Pfizer has slowed it manufacturing lines down to make improvements that will result in higher outputs by the end of February. The current administration has taken an interest in the rollout and has pledged to help eliminate bottlenecks. The process I went through this evening was handled very well and the supervisor there said they had only been doing this process for 2 days. She said, keep the doses coming and they would vaccinate everybody in a 5 mile radius so fast, it would amaze me. I believe her. Bless her soul and everybody at the clinic

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I got lucky and got an opening just minutes after slots became available as offered by City of Houston. I think 1600 shot appointments went in about 10 minutes. It did not take long.

I was trying to figure out how to get added to a list, but there does not appear to be a working list in the Houston area of TX. You can only get on a working list by your Doctor and or facility. Neither my GP nor my Rheumatologist (UT-Physicians Hospital) have received any doses that they can start to administer, so they are not yet even starting a list.

I am in group 1B, and I jumped on the chance to get the vaccine. I got the Moderna. Didn't even feel the needle, and no side effects at all so far, it has been about 6 hours since the injection.

Last edited:

nerodog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Vaccine Appointment Update

Decided to check the Giant Eagle scheduling site a few minutes ago. I took the only option showing-February 19, 4 weeks from today, at one of their stores several towns away. A bird in the hand!

If something opens up sooner I will gladly take it and cancel this one.
Wow..reading all these posts it appears people have to be really out there searching and looking!!! I wonder about those that aren't able to do this. I hope they aren't falling through the cracks. Glad to hear everyone is getting their shots. We are still waiting.

nerodog

TUG Member
Reaction score
The systems to make appointments have been set up by young people. They are using the communication tools that they have grown up with. They are starting to realize that their grandmother and grandfather are generally lost in this process. When California opened up to 65 and up, I have been very busy helping my older neighbors get appointments to the best of my ability. I have gotten many of them appointments that they otherwise would not have. I have also been giving information to their children, so their family can help as well. We are talking people in their late 70's on up.

I hope that very soon the appointment setting software techies and the supervisors realize that their is a large group of high risk people being missed by our current method's of making appointments. Most older people are proud that they can make a phone call with an iPhone and maybe check their email. Beyond that, it is a small group.

This is what I worry about. I would hope the health providers that have non tech clients will be able to assist those that are at high risk.

It's similar here..... my mom would be lost if I didn't pursue the avenues. Like I said in an earlier post , I still telephone for appointments and feel more comfortable. The patient portals are all blocked from the EU so I have to telephone!!!

nerodog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Error

I meant to quote the above...sorry about that.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I didn’t even know this was a thing/possible? Shoot, I’d wait around a few days to see if I get lucky! Where did you see/read/hear about this so that I can follow up for more info?
I can't find the link now. But the gist was of people figuring that at the end of the day a site might still have left-over vaccine. Since it can't be stored, rather than waste it they would be willing to give it to anyone who might be around.

That's all it was. Go to an injection and hang out to the end of the day, and see if you can score a hit. And once you get the first jab, you are eligible to schedule the second shot, regardless of what your actual priority might be.

Last edited:

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I can't find the link now. But the gist was of people figuring that at the end of the day a site might still have left-over vaccine. Since it can't be stored, rather than waste it they would be willing to give it to anyone who might be around.

That's all it was. Go to an injection and hang out to the end of the day, and see if you can score a hit. And once you get the first jab, you are eligible to schedule the second shot, regardless of what your actual priority might be.

As long as you don't live in Oregon. Apparently Oregon requires injection sites to throw away surplus vaccine if there no one around who is in an approved vaccination tier.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
As long as you don't live in Oregon. Apparently Oregon requires injection sites to throw away surplus vaccine if there no one around who is in an approved vaccination tier.
This is where government regulations supersede common sense. What idiot in the government thought this was a good idea???

Kurt

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
This is where government regulations supersede common sense. What idiot in the government thought this was a good idea???

Kurt
It would appear that some jurisdictions are letting prudence prevail ...

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Right now....I could lie on a questionnaire and get the vaccine at a local pharmacy. There are plenty of spots. I know people are doing this now (the ones I know are seniors and not yet in a priority group) and getting their shots. There is no ID checking to ensure they are a priority group.

I don't begrudge any senior from getting it and I am very happy the close personal relatives go theirs today (even though they most likely didn't tell the whole truth to get it).

I'm annoyed tonight that people that work in admin positions in priority groups in non public facing jobs (medical billing, first responder dispatch) can get it....but our Seniors need to fudge their application to get it......

And yeah...a bit of me wants to fudge that application and go get it tomorrow too.....but I won't, there are more high risk people than me. So I will wait......(and stew about it at the same time)
We had our first dose of Moderna Vaccine at nearby hospital. Going back Feb 8 for second dose. We had to show I D to prove we were in the age group. No one under 65 has got the vaccine unless they are in a high risk group. Hoping more people will be able to get vaccinated very soon. We are in central Florida.