• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

If MVC needs $ they should...

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
Allow all of us post 2010/resale owners to enroll for a fee! I bet many of us would put up a grand or two (wishful thinking) to enroll!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dlpearson

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORN, SVV (Bella), MOC, MBP, 7MileBeach Club
I might consider a couple hundred dollars, but not a grand or two to enroll my post-June 2010 week. But I like the concept/idea.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
It is closer to 10k per week if you enroll 7 with purchase of 5500 dc points. More than that per week if you are enrolling 1 or 2 weeks.

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
It is closer to 10k per week if you enroll 7 with purchase of 5500 dc points. More than that per week if you are enrolling 1 or 2 weeks.

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk

I’m suggesting something a little more affordable!

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good luck with that!

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Pretty much all post 2010 weeks are external. When they first rolled out enrollment, they charged $1,495 to enroll a single external week and $1995 to enroll two or more. I doubt they will offer anything cheaper than that. I am sure many would enroll their resale weeks at those prices. They would have to look at the number of potential weeks that fall in to the category and determine what percentage they expect to enroll. Early on, enrollment was only about 35%. It is closer to 50% now. Would they make enough from 35% of those people enrolling to make up for their current losses? Probably not.

Also consider that they have their annual promotion going now. I wouldn't expect any enrollment option that doesn't require a big points purchase for at least another year.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Pretty much all post 2010 weeks are external. When they first rolled out enrollment, they charged $1,495 to enroll a single external week and $1995 to enroll two or more. I doubt they will offer anything cheaper than that. I am sure many would enroll their resale weeks at those prices. They would have to look at the number of potential weeks that fall in to the category and determine what percentage they expect to enroll. Early on, enrollment was only about 35%. It is closer to 50% now. Would they make enough from 35% of those people enrolling to make up for their current losses? Probably not.

Also consider that they have their annual promotion going now. I wouldn't expect any enrollment option that doesn't require a big points purchase for at least another year.
I am sure you are right, although there are probably a very large number of owners like us who would be ready to hand over cash to enrol our currently ineligible resale weeks but would never make a big points purchase to do so.
I guess it may depend on how MVC’s financial situation changes over time as the impact of the pandemic situation unfolds?
Such a cash injection just may be welcome, if the “purchase points to enrol” offer doesn’t get many takers which is quite possible right now.

Last edited:

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m suggesting something a little more affordable!

Good luck with that!
IF they get to that point make sure you sell ALL of their stock immediately as they'll be falling apart. I could see a 20% reduction but not 95%. Enrollment at current prices obviously doesn't make sense for many people but I think those with any volume of ownership who are not enrolled right now are seeing some additional benefits they didn't see before.