• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

If I purchase Wyndham from resale, will I get RCI membership for f[r]ee every year?

edward1106

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

If I purchase Wyndham from resale, will I get RCI membership for fee every year?

I am Worldmark member. If you purchase worldmark from resale you will not get free RCI membership every year.

I am interested to purchase Wyndham membership from resale, so I want to know if it come with free RCI membership every year?

Thank you,

Edward:p

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
The short answer is:
Yes you will.

edward1106

TUG Member
Reaction score
As I know, Wyndham has two programs,

1. Club Wyndham plus
2. Club Wyndham access

If I would like to purchase membership from resale, both of programs come with free RCI annual membership?

Thank you

CruiseGuy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Panama City Beach, Bonnet Creek, and Royal Vista
Wyndham has 4 programs:
Club Wyndham Select
Club Wyndham Access
Club Wyndham Presidential Reserve
Club Wyndham Margaritaville

All of these are considered part of Club Wyndham Plus.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I own 8 weeks with Wyndham - no free RCI Acct. So I think you need to clarify that this applies to points.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

If I purchase Wyndham from resale, will I get RCI membership for fee every year?

I am Worldmark member. If you purchase worldmark from resale you will not get free RCI membership every year.

I am interested to purchase Wyndham membership from resale, so I want to know if it come with free RCI membership every year?

Thank you,

To be clear, you won't get free RCI. You would be paying for it as part of your club fee. And to Denise's point, club Wyndham plus contracts only. For weeks contracts, you would have to sign up and pay on your own.

Last edited:

Cheryl20772

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you own Club Wyndham Plus points or Club Wyndham Access points, there's two parts to your monthly fee: maintenance fees to take care of the resort and pay taxes, and the Wyndham program fee which provides the management of the points + RCI which lets us trade into all the other member resorts. Mine is paid monthly by debiting my bank account and that's set up in the financial section of the MyClubWyndham members website.

CruiseGuy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Panama City Beach, Bonnet Creek, and Royal Vista
If you own Club Wyndham Plus points or Club Wyndham Access points, there's two parts to your monthly fee: maintenance fees to take care of the resort and pay taxes, and the Wyndham program fee which provides the management of the points + RCI which lets us trade into all the other member resorts. Mine is paid monthly by debiting my bank account and that's set up in the financial section of the MyClubWyndham members website.

Club Wyndham Access points are part of Club Wyndham Plus. I think many people actually mean "Club Wyndham Select" when they say "Club Wyndham Plus". I guess the alternative way would have been:

If you own Club Wyndham Select, Club Wyndham Access, Presidential Reserve, or Margaritaville points, there's two parts to your monthly fee: maintenance fees to take care of the resort and pay taxes, and the Wyndham program fee which provides the management of the points + RCI which lets us trade into all the other member resorts. Mine is paid monthly by debiting my bank account and that's set up in the financial section of the MyClubWyndham members website.

Ty1on, I already hear you typing a response...

Last edited:

edward1106

TUG Member
Reaction score
"Help" Will I get an RCI account#, if I purchase Wyndham membership from Resale?

"Help" Will I get an RCI account#, if I purchase Wyndham membership from Resale and able to deposit Worldmark points into this RCI account?

edward1106

TUG Member
Reaction score
People told me my Wyndham maintenance fee already include the RCI fee. Am I correct?

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
"Help" Will I get an RCI account#, if I purchase Wyndham membership from Resale and able to deposit Worldmark points into this RCI account?

No. Wyndham and Worldmark are 2 completely separate systems. The only connection is that Wyndham manages Worldmark. You cannot use the points from one in the other.
You will pay for RCI one way or the other. Either yourself with Worldmark, or via your fees with Wyndham. There is no free lunch. If you want the Wyndham timeshares, then buy Wyndham for that purchase. If you are purchasing purely to get a 'free' RCI account, then you should rethink. The maintenance fees etc associated with Wyndham will cost you WAY more than joining RCI via WM.

Sue

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Wyndham points memberships come with an RCI account that you can deposit other timeshares into. Unfortunately Worldmark points are not one that can be deposited into the free Wyndham account.

edward1106

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham points memberships come with an RCI account that you can deposit other timeshares into. Unfortunately Worldmark points are not one that can be deposited into the free Wyndham account.

Why can other timeshares can deposit to RCI account(from Wyndham membership), but Worldmark timeshare can't deposit it into RCI account?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why can other timeshares can deposit to RCI account(from Wyndham membership), but Worldmark timeshare can't deposit it into RCI account?

You sound like my kid

Why daddy, why

The answer is because Wyndham made it that way

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
No. Wyndham and Worldmark are 2 completely separate systems. The only connection is that Wyndham manages Worldmark. You cannot use the points from one in the other.
You will pay for RCI one way or the other. Either yourself with Worldmark, or via your fees with Wyndham. There is no free lunch. If you want the Wyndham timeshares, then buy Wyndham for that purchase. If you are purchasing purely to get a 'free' RCI account, then you should rethink. The maintenance fees etc associated with Wyndham will cost you WAY more than joining RCI via WM.

Sue

Sue

this is confusing

Club Wyndham and Worldmark the Club have the same relationship with Wyndham

Wyndham is the developer and manager for both clubs.

The way you stated it makes it seem as if Wyndham (the corporation) and Club Wyndham are the same
They are not

Last edited:

LLW

TUG Member
Reaction score

Thank you,

This is not true. If you buy WM from Wyndham, you would pay a monthly TravelShare fee on top of the regular WM maintenance fee. They pay the RCI fee for you out of the TS fee. The monthly TS fee is much larger than the RCI fee. You would be enrolled in the RCI Points program. The RCI program for you is thus not free. That is only a half-truth that the sales people tell you.

If you buy WM resale, you may enroll yourself in the RCI Weeks program (RCI will not refuse your money), and pay an annual RCI membership fee. You may deposit your WM points in this RCI Weeks account of yours, and make full use of the RCI Weeks program. You will be able to access RCI via a menu tab (portal) from the WM web site from your WM account. You only need to pay the regular WM MF, not the monthly TS fee which is extra.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is not true. If you buy WM from Wyndham, you would pay a monthly TravelShare fee on top of the regular WM maintenance fee. They pay the RCI fee for you out of the TS fee. The monthly TS fee is much larger than the RCI fee. You would be enrolled in the RCI Points program. The RCI program for you is thus not free. That is only a half-truth that the sales people tell you.

If you buy WM resale, you may enroll yourself in the RCI Weeks program (RCI will not refuse your money), and pay an annual RCI membership fee. You may deposit your WM points in this RCI Weeks account of yours, and make full use of the RCI Weeks program. You will be able to access RCI via a menu tab (portal) from the WM web site from your WM account. You only need to pay the regular WM MF, not the monthly TS fee which is extra.

Why is it that the most knowledgeable Worldmark owners post the most confusing stuff

LLW what edward1106 said is true

If you purchase worldmark from resale you will not get free RCI membership every year.

what you said is also true Travel share comes with an included RCI account, but that didnt address credits bought on the secondary market which was the point of edward1106's comment

LLW

TUG Member
Reaction score
edward1106 said:

LLW what edward1106 said is true

If you purchase worldmark from resale you will not get free RCI membership every year.

what you said is also true Travel share comes with an included RCI account, but that didnt address credits bought on the secondary market which was the point of edward1106's comment

The point is:

The "free RCI account" is not free. The RCI fee is included in the TS fee. There is no FREE RCI account, whether you bought from Wyndham or resale.

As to whether you should pay $3 per credit to Wyndham, or 30 cents per credit to resale, thus paying $30,000 for a 10,000 credit account instead of $3,000 (paying $27,000 more), in order to save a $89 annual RCI fee, that is a different question.

Edward posted a statement on WM and I was only addressing that statement on WM, in my post. Oh, and the fact that Edward was so gracious in saying "thank you." :) So I wanted to help him. :)