• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

If I buy into Hilton, will I get free parking/ $0 fees for exchanges (as an owner but through RCI exchange)?

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I love Hilton, and I know Hilton Hawaii resorts are some of the top resorts in the system, as are the Hilton resorts in Orlando and Vegas. I just don't want to pay $25 per day and am trying to figure out a way around that fee.

My exchanges through SFX don't have the fee, but SFX has only Orlando, and I try to use II for exchanges to Orlando because I have so many weeks in II and it's an easy trade.

I keep wondering when Marriott and Westin are going to decide to charge an extra $25 per day because they can and still get guests.

Someone told me that the Breck resorts (Grand Timber, Grand Peak 7, Gold Point, Peak 8) are now charging for parking. That is insane! Just wondering if any of you have found a way around those fees through exchange. I don't want to own Grand resort in CO, I already own in CO.

Papa2015

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Summit at Massanutten (3)
HGVC GP Marbrisa
We are HGVC owners and booked a week stay at HGVC Tuscany in Orlando with a trade from our non-HGVC timeshare week. When we checked in, we paid the resort fee, but later in the week, we were at the lobby desk requesting a pack n play to be delivered to our room. The gal assisting us must have been in training, as a manager was standing with her. We mentioned to her that we were Hilton owners and she looked promptly refunded the resort fee, saying that as owners, we are exempt from paying a resort fee even with an RCI exchange. Nice surprise, but I'm wondering if this policy is club-wide. At KingsLand in Hawaii, it was the same scenario, booked with our non-HGVC week, and we were required to pay the resort fee.

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Lagoon, W57th, MarBrisa, Paradise
I love Hilton, and I know Hilton Hawaii resorts are some of the top resorts in the system, as are the Hilton resorts in Orlando and Vegas. I just don't want to pay $25 per day and am trying to figure out a way around that fee.

My exchanges through SFX don't have the fee, but SFX has only Orlando, and I try to use II for exchanges to Orlando because I have so many weeks in II and it's an easy trade.

I keep wondering when Marriott and Westin are going to decide to charge an extra $25 per day because they can and still get guests.

Someone told me that the Breck resorts (Grand Timber, Grand Peak 7, Gold Point, Peak 8) are now charging for parking. That is insane! Just wondering if any of you have found a way around those fees through exchange. I don't want to own Grand resort in CO, I already own in CO.
Lucky you, you do not have to pay $25 per day for parking at Lagoon Tower. The rate is $49 per day, owner or not.

Ask and you shall receive.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Lucky you, you do not have to pay $25 per day for parking at Lagoon Tower. The rate is $49 per day, owner or not.

Rumor has it that Planet Hollywood/Miracle Mile Shops will be charging $15 a day for parking and that Elara guests/HGVC owners will be having to pay that fee. I want to say that it is either started already or will start July 1st. I guess I will find out in August.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella

What do you mean SFX only has Orlando? You can request HGV Hawaii inventory through SFX.

Great3

TUG Member
Reaction score

Unfortunately not, you will be paying the daily resort fee when exchanging thru RCI, even if you are a Hilton owner. Parking usually is specific to the resort, not whether you booked thru an exchange thru RCI or directly as as Hilton owners.

Great3

Great3

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are HGVC owners and booked a week stay at HGVC Tuscany in Orlando with a trade from our non-HGVC timeshare week. When we checked in, we paid the resort fee, but later in the week, we were at the lobby desk requesting a pack n play to be delivered to our room. The gal assisting us must have been in training, as a manager was standing with her. We mentioned to her that we were Hilton owners and she looked promptly refunded the resort fee, saying that as owners, we are exempt from paying a resort fee even with an RCI exchange. Nice surprise, but I'm wondering if this policy is club-wide. At KingsLand in Hawaii, it was the same scenario, booked with our non-HGVC week, and we were required to pay the resort fee.

I would say you are lucky, and if this happens, great, I hope it happens more often for others. But for the OP, don't count on it as a reason to buy into Hilton timeshare system.

Great3

Last edited:

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I had an SFX stay at Marbrisa a few years ago and the check in desk wanted to charge me “RCI Resort Fee”. I told him it was SFX, not an RCI exchange, and besides I’m a HGV owner, so he dropped it. I think the Jedi mind trick works.

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Hawaiian Village - Lagoon Tower
Marriott Maui Ocean Club

I don't have many beefs about Hilton Hawaiian Village and my timeshares there... but that is DEFINITELY the biggest one. Why an owner of a timeshare that paid to buy and pays annual maintenance fees and taxes has to pay for parking is beyond me. Marriott doesn't charge owners. +1 for Marriott over Hilton.

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place

We do have a way around the fee at the Hilton Hawaiian Village. We don't get a car. We either walk or ride the bus to most of the stuff we want to go to. At time we do rent a car for a day to go to the North Shore. When we return from our trip the car rental places in Waikiki are closed so we park for $1/hour in the lot near the Marina and return the car at 7:00 AM when the car rental place opens. Total cost around $10 for parking.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
What do you mean SFX only has Orlando? You can request HGV Hawaii inventory through SFX.
Yes, true. I don't know what I was trying to say there. I read it and realized my post made no sense. SFX mostly has Orlando Hiltons and not much else in Orlando. I didn't pay a $25 per day fee with my SFX exchange at Hilton SeaWorld.

We actually have a one bedroom at Kingsland next week through SFX. :) So I do know they have other Hilton resorts.