• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Idk how people get DVC addonitis....

Serina

TUG Member
Reaction score
You sound like us! But we do BoardWalk. I was kind of thinking about resale of MVC, but since DVC is now featuring II for exchange or cash stays, I saw Sheraton Vistiana for a very reasonable cash rate. I think I’d rather do that than deal with more dues. A week there before moving over to DVC. Although I don’t think it’s MVC, but have heard good things about it.
[/QUOTE]

That’s what we like to do but usually do DVC first and then MVC to rest, relax and enjoy the resort. We’ve not regretted our MVC resale purchases. Lately, it seems like MVC resorts in II are not showing up as in past years. Perhaps due to increase travel now. I’m guessing for non MVC owners they might be even harder to find. Just food for thought if you are considering purchasing.

optimist

TUG Member
Reaction score
All the years that I have been on this site, two places were always the subject of much passion - Hawaii and Disney.
I finally saw Saratoga Springs pop up as an exchange on RCI just as they were exiting that system and I blew a bunch of my HGVC points on the exchange thinking I want to see what all the fuss is about. FOR ME, it was a big waste... The resort was nothing special and I really don't get Disney I realized...
I will always be grateful to this forum for turning me on to Hawaii though, that place that has completely won me over.

nomoretslt

Reaction score
All the years that I have been on this site, two places were always the subject of much passion - Hawaii and Disney.
I finally saw Saratoga Springs pop up as an exchange on RCI just as they were exiting that system and I blew a bunch of my HGVC points on the exchange thinking I want to see what all the fuss is about. FOR ME, it was a big waste... The resort was nothing special and I really don't get Disney I realized...
I will always be grateful to this forum for turning me on to Hawaii though, that place that has completely won me over.
We owned at Saratoga Springs since it opened. We never used our points to stay there. We stayed for a week one time, because when we bought at Bay Lake Tower the incentive was a free one week stay at Saratoga. It’s a nice resort (very nice I understand since the refurbishment) but not convenient for the parks at all. Some people love it there because it’s relaxing and it’s close to Disney Springs. I hate shopping so we rarely go there. They do have some great places to eat though. But I’d rather take a bus from my Epcot or MK resort to Disney Springs...,easy peasy. We sold our contract there in 2019 to purchase Riviera. We had those points for 15 years, sold for the same price we bought them at, was able to use those points at Hilton Head, Aulani (twice...and I love Hawaii too) and many of the DVC resorts in DisneyWorld. We’ve stayed everywhere except Grand Floridian. You are right, Disney is not for everyone. We still love it (first contract was 1997) and our kids and granddaughter love it. But it is getting expensive to visit the parks. We get annual passes so it doesn’t hurt too bad for us. At some point we will probably rent out some points and use the money to cruise. My dream trip is one of those Hawaiian Island cruises.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Savvy timeshare owner? That might be me. I only regret a couple of purchases in the many years we have owned. I have a few left to sell but they aren't worth $0. In all honesty, one is worth less than $0.

I like the trading game. When you can trade a week at your home resort with MF's of less than $1,000 to a one bedroom Disney resort for a full week, you have won. And that is the reason I do not have Disney-addon-itis. Exchanging is actually pretty fun.

Swans5

TUG Member
Reaction score
When you can trade a week at your home resort with MF's of less than $1,000 to a one bedroom Disney resort for a full week, you have won. And that is the reason I do not have Disney-addon-itis. Exchanging is actually pretty fun.
Literally why I sold some of my DVC. Exchanging (while it lasted, lol!) was very fun.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Literally why I sold some of my DVC. Exchanging (while it lasted, lol!) was very fun.
II still works great. Nothing I have ongoing requests for have come through yet, but I am waiting for October, December, and next January. I am hopeful. I have always preferred II for trading, anyway.

I have worked to get everything used up in RCI, and making some headway but still feel like I tread water a bit. I was booking Disney units cheaper with RCI Points and didn't book them with weeks. I was just deciding that I needed to start using the weeks, to use up my 600+ TPU's (yes, I have that much) in RCI weeks, and then Disney switched to II again. 600 TPU's was easy to build. I keep extending the points by combining them with a few weeks we still own in CO.

When my Presidential Villas at Plantation Resort 3 bedroom lockoff was netting me 101 TPU's for $700 in MF's, I deposited at least three years in a row for that many points (3 annual weeks). Then those TPU's went down for my weeks to about 68, now they are at 56, I think. I then converted those weeks plus another one I purchased later on to RCI Points. Those are a great value. I love RCI Points and still use them for some great exchanges.

I see DVC losing value at some point. I will be old when my OKW 250 points hit expiration. I am already old. :)

Swans5

TUG Member
Reaction score
II still works great. Nothing I have ongoing requests for have come through yet, but I am waiting for October, December, and next January. I am hopeful. I have always preferred II for trading, anyway.

I see DVC losing value at some point. I will be old when my OKW 250 points hit expiration. I am already old. :)
The 20 years expiration was another reason to offload BRV, lol! I will be very old then, too. I'm hopeful about finding an II trader that is in a place we would enjoy using and exchanging. There's no lack of options, it seems!

Heartlandfamily

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVC
Savvy timeshare owner? That might be me. I only regret a couple of purchases in the many years we have owned. I have a few left to sell but they aren't worth $0. In all honesty, one is worth less than $0.

I like the trading game. When you can trade a week at your home resort with MF's of less than $1,000 to a one bedroom Disney resort for a full week, you have won. And that is the reason I do not have Disney-addon-itis. Exchanging is actually pretty fun.

This is exactly how I feel. We traded for several DVC weeks this year, used a guest certificate for one and just asked my sister to pay us back our cost (% of MF + Fees), she was thrilled! Consider that Disney will charge $5,000+ for that same 1 bedroom....