• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ideas for using expiring points

Formerexpat

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last use year we rolled over nearly all of our points with the intention of using them in the 2020 use year. Okay, THAT didn’t work out! So now we have roughly 700 2019 points, 750 use year 2000 points and in March 2021 we’ll get more points. Any suggestions on how to use those 2019 points? I’m kind of resigned to losing them but if I don’t have to that would be nice . (We are definitely NOT going to Orlando anytime soon.)

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I know a bunch of people have been giving points to DisTubers (Disney YouTube Channels) that they watch. If there is someone you enjoy watching and you want to see them on a staycation at WDW, that is a last resort. I don't know what other kind of options are available since I don't know DVC very well.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
If you banked your march 2019 points into 2020 you have from march 1 2020 until feb 28 2021 to use them.

If you dont plan to use them you can deposit to RCI for exchange and it will be good for 2 years. It costs about 240 DVC points for a red week in a 2br unit. So 700 points would give you almost 3 weeks in a 2br at most of the resorts in RCI.

You can try to rent the points out if you want to do that. Should be able to get at least $12 per point.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

AnnieBets

TUG Member
Reaction score
Would you use them at Vero or Hilton Head? If direct, can you use at hotels? I’ve heard there is a way to donate to the wish families. If you don’t want to rent directly, there are brokers but some made people angry during Covid refunds so read up on them.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
not ideal, but you can deposit into Rci. Or book a few studies and list on tug last minute rentals for $115/night.

heathpack

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
Another option is to offer them up as a TUG exchange. There are probably people here who would happily go to WDW- I know @rickandcindy23 is going with the family. She has a lot of owned units and the ability to do II exchanges.

chalee94

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’ve heard there is a way to donate to the wish families.

this is just an urban legend. transfer rules are too complicated and limiting.

you can make a reservation for anyone you want to give it to...charity or friends or family...but even if a charity can use your reservation, be aware that it is against IRS rules to take a deduction for allowing the use of your timeshare.

Bailey#1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC SSR BWV, Avenue Plaza, Redington Ambassador
I would deposit into RCI, you will have 2 years to use them. Make sure you deposit them 45 days or longer before your use year ends. Note: You can get good deals for NYC with RCI.

Deb & Bill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - OKW, Sold BRV; Used to own Charter Club Marco Island
Last use year we rolled over nearly all of our points with the intention of using them in the 2020 use year. Okay, THAT didn’t work out! So now we have roughly 700 2019 points, 750 use year 2000 points and in March 2021 we’ll get more points. Any suggestions on how to use those 2019 points? I’m kind of resigned to losing them but if I don’t have to that would be nice . (We are definitely NOT going to Orlando anytime soon.)
Why aren't you going to Orlando any time soon? Covid cases are way down. You could use all those points to book a GV at almost any of the resorts. Or book a Copper Creek Cabin and you have a small hot tub in your villa.