• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ideas for 18th birthday gift? (Note that this is an old thread)

Tia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looking for out of the ordinary 18th birthday gifts, not too expensive, for #1 son. It's today so I don't have too much time :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

pjrose

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, if you had more time, I'd say ordering some funny t-shirts from cafepress.com....something that fits his interests.

Without any idea what he's interested in, it's hard to say.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
How about a new "grown-up" wallet and a few gift cards to his favorite chain restaurants inside it? My son and his friends at that age loved hitting Chili's, Applebee's, Bertucci's, etc. for appetizers when they were looking to kill an hour and their hunger pains.

Tia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the ideas, they are good ones. I'm going to keep them as won't be long before Xmass then Graduation in the spring. Oh my...:)

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
G. P. S.

TomTom One.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Garmin

I vote for the Garmin GPS unit of your choice.........it may not announce each subsequent birthday that he needs to TURN 19, TURN 20, TURN 21 , etc......but it'll tell him every OTHER turn he comes to. ;) jme

Icarus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Perfect thread for the Mac fanboi answer:

Get him a Mac. All his problems will be solved if he gets a Macintosh Computer. Teenage zits? Problem solved. Dating problems? No more, because he will instantly be "in" when he owns a Mac. Problems with schoolwork? Mac owners are much smarter than everybody else, so they will all be solved too.

-David

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Give him a thousand dollars with only one condition:

Make him research companies that he thinks will be "game changers" over the next ten/twenty years. Then have him choose which companies to invest in and have him buy shares in those companies. You can also let him invest in our government through T-Bills if he think's that's the best investment.

He could be right or wrong, but you are having him invest in "his" future.