• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ideal MPT cost ?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Better yet just call and let them know what you are intersted in. They will call you when something comes up. I dealt with Jared on a few occasions and he is a pleasure to deal with. Wyndham and Worldmark ownership's for free all in.

Jared hasn't been there for a while.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
Cancel and re book , the stripping of 3 years of points and the use of resale points with VIP benefits are and were all loopholes. None are listed in the directory as a owner benefit. Buy 1 million developer points along with 5-10 million resale to use with VIP benefits. Then rent points taking advantage of the VIP 50% discounts along with free room upgrades using resale points and you dont think its a loophole or abuse of the system? The club is intended for personal use. Worldmark limited the amount of reservations a owner can book to prevent the rental abuse. Wyndham can and will do th same in due time. Contray to what you have been told this abuse will be eliminated sooner or later.

You are describing the rare exception and not the rule. There are no megarenters left compared to times prior to Voyager when this type of behavior was prevalent. The megarenters like Ron Parise were either banned from the system or simply no longer hold the amount of inventory they did previously because the numbers just don’t work any more. I’ve spoken directly to several people who used to rent millions of points and made decent money prior to Voyager. The one person I still know who holds millions of points - barely breaks even now compared to times past - and openly admitted they wouldn’t do so under today’s system and rules. In other words, the abuse you keep attempting to attribute here isn’t real. I don’t know why you think it is.

In any case, perhaps Wyndham may implement more limitations, however the fact is it would only impact an extremely small minority of the ownership base today. Good companies don’t manage by exception, they manage by the rule. 80/20. The loopholes that were used previously to abuse the system were all eliminated in 2016 when Voyager was implemented. The use of these real loopholes was becoming too prevalent via the megarenters - so Wyndham closed the loopholes and forcibly removed the worst offenders. I think you are comparing apples to oranges - the level of abuse isn’t comparable. Wyndham has statistics on these issues, I know they do.

The system has always been intended for personal use only. Wyndham could have eliminated use of VIP resale points when the new system was implemented last year. They made a collective panel decision not to do so. With the pandemic I’m almost certain they aren’t going to introduce a change that would upset a subset of their most valuable and likely repeat customers - their VIP owners.

We will have to agree to disagree. Parroting this same statement about resale VIP points being a loophole over and over again isn’t going to make it true though. For some reason you seem to think that if you keep saying it here on TUG that it’s going to come true. I suppose we will have to wait and see. In the meantime I will continue to share the actual information that Wyndham execs share with me when appropriate, and I will continue to call out misinformation when I deem it appropriate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ninjaneer80

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation-Village Atalaya-Towers
Keep an eye out on timesharenation.com as well - this site lists mostly free timeshares for sale. No up front costs for the buyer in other words.

Here's a link to the Google sheet that lists all of their available inventory: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Drg71NVXGz8jKbq8h9TAwLw1CxRCdLAZ1j8upwjTXic/htmlview#

Bookmark it and check it however often you like. It's for all timeshares, not just Wyndham, but I've seen some pretty good Wyndham contracts pop onto the sheet from time to time. You can also probably find a PIC week via this same sheet by keeping an eye out. There are several VA weeks based timeshares on the list right now for example.

Awesome thanks ! I was curious what else was some good places to look at besides tugg and ebay. I will look at it this week.

Thanks everyone

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Wyndham has it high on their priority list of loopholes that need to be closed. Its been abused by many VIP owners. The resale points used with VIP 50% discounts along with free upgrades are used for rentals. Sales is still selling up to VIP as a way to pay maintenance fees. It also is a great way to sell developer points as cancel and rebook was. Never in directory as a benefit but is sold as one.

I know I have been away for a while, but when did Wyndham tell you it was "high on their list"? Did you hear it from an executive or a salesperson? We do talk to the executives, and have heard on more than one occasion it was NOT high on their list. I think you might be overestimating the number of resale owners, and the number of VIPs who own resale. It's true, we don't have those numbers either, but we were told resale only owners were a small percentage of their owner base. I would imagine retail owners who own resale are a higher number, but how many of them are VIP? How many of those VIP use VIP benefits with their resale points? Let's use me as an example of a VIP owner who also owns resale:

The majority of my points are used on the big family vacations. Typically we try to get multiple rooms, and often need 3 and 4 bedroom rooms. We have to book those pretty far out because, as you know, the biggest rooms go first. Especially during the prime season when we take that family trip. We've never had a three-bedroom auto-upgrade. It's not uncommon for me to burn through 800k to 1 million points on the big family vacation. Right now I am in the process of off-loading a couple of contracts, and taking one on, but prior to that, I had about 1.5 million points. 700k retail and 800k resale. So that leaves me with anywhere from 500-700k points left after booking the family vacation. I use those for last-minute trips that are often discounted and upgraded. So, to recap, 800k of my points are resale. 700k is retail. I burn through all 800k resale points on the family vacation we book 10 months out. No discounts and upgrades. The remaining 700k that are "retail" is used for last-minute trips that are discounted and upgraded. So none of my resale points are getting VIP benefits. Not even for the points deposit feature because I normally use most of my points.

I am not an exception. Most VIPs travel. Most VIPs do not buy points to rent them. Sure, some were told by the sales people they could make their maintenance fees back by renting, but there is enough renting competition out there, that there is little to no profit to renting. They find this out pretty quickly, but not quick enough. What little profit you make, is not worth the time you spend making it. So many only rent if they need to. The days of Ron Praise level profit are long gone. Time to stop living in the past and move forward to the future. Yes, they can decide to take away the ability to use our VIP benefits with resale points, but for right now, they don't want to spend the time and money to do it. Stop beating the dead horse. That dead horse is meat mush by now. Also, stop spouting things as fact, that you don't know are fact. We've had this conversation before.

Finally, "sold as one" doesn't make it a "benefit". Anyone who can read, could look at the chart and see it was not listed as a benefit. They had access to the directory when they purchased. They were likely even shown the benefits chart, so they would see what they were buying. Nowhere was the cancel rebook "benefit" listed.

Ninjaneer80

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation-Village Atalaya-Towers
Is steam boat springs normally low MF ? Saw 500K average 5.2PPT

dannybaker

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow thank you everyone for great information.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow thank you everyone for great information.
Do yourself a favor and try Renting before you buy. Depending on your travel needs it may work out better then buying resale or up to VIP and committing to the burden of paying maintenance fees.

Last edited: