• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ice Gallery Membership Benfits

continia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Before finding out about TUG I purchased a timeshare from a developer like so many others. One of the perks/incentives was a membership to Ice Gallery, after a few attempts to use the benefits, I realize or didn't see any advantage so never used it. Just recently I recieved a call telling my membership is almost finished and needs to renewed. My questions is has anybody seen any advantages to being a member of Ice Gallery and what benefits are there worth using?

Thanks Tony

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Although a few people feel they have benefited, the general consensus here is that ICE should be valued at $0 when considering a purchase. That combined with your lack of use should give good direction with respect to renewing.

wackymother

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
A developer offered us Ice membership for life as an incentive. After we declined, I called Ice to try and feel them out about the value of the membership, because you can join as an individual, not just through a timeshare, and it sounded kind of good--almost like a very extensive Last Call.

I think I called twice and spoke to two different people and they both gave very evasive answers--"Well, it's not worth anything if you don't use it, ho ho ho!" I was mainly asking if there was any way I could get on to their website and look around, if they could give me a temporary password to see what kinds of things were actually available. The answer: absolutely not. I was like, so I have to send you membership money before I have any idea what you're actually offering? Yep!

The whole thing was so suspicious and smoke-and-mirrorsy that it seemed like just another developer cheat.

webdizzy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a 3 year membership with ICE that came w/ the new (read: newbie!) purchase of my timeshare. A rep called me and wants me to extend the membership for 10 more years for $599 (which will include 5 $100 certificates that can be used -- one at a time -- towards any travel done via ICE). Without this "upgrade" the annual membership will be $199/year, which I definitely wouldn't pay! :eek:

So, I guess I have the same question about the value of ICE -- I've read the few comments here -- some have benefitted from it but it sounds like most have not? Can anyone be more specific? I would probably be most interested in using ICE for cruises -- it sounds like they have some good deals, but then I haven't really comparison shopped yet. Like Interval International, they also offer resort accomodations that don't require a trade.

If any one has any more comments, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!