• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

IAN --- Any Updates on Vanderbilt Beach and Harbor Club

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Hello to all my Fellow owners at VBHC,

I thought we could all keep each other updated.

On the VBHC website --- https://www.vbhctimeshare.com/
(this was posted today)

This property is currently closed due to Hurricane Ian. No one will be able to use this property until further notice. Buildings held up well but property can not be entered until safe. No one can check in on Saturday, Oct 1st.
(We will update with further details as soon as possible. Please be patient.)

If any owners get other updates on this timeshare please post here.

Friends that live in Naples, provided me some pics of the Turtle Club which is located next to VBHC, see those here https://tugbbs.com/forums/threads/coconut-plantation-and-ian-updates.344454/#post-2847857.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
believe we posted an update yesterday in the update thread.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
One of the ladies, I have become friendly with at VBHC, just sent me these pictures. These are all pics from the gulf side. The hot tub is filled with sand and the fence is gone but the gate is still standing... The parking area is really bad... They are going to try and send me pics in a few days from the bay side...

I'm hoping in a few weeks, we will get another update directly from the BOD at VBHC.

Attachments

• IMG_2716.JPEG
    IMG_2716.JPEG
    123.8 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_8675.JPEG
    IMG_8675.JPEG
    76 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_3730.JPEG
    IMG_3730.JPEG
    61.9 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_5094.JPEG
    IMG_5094.JPEG
    70.7 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_4323.JPEG
    IMG_4323.JPEG
    221.1 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_4062.JPEG
    IMG_4062.JPEG
    212.1 KB · Views: 237
Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
One to the ladies, I have become friendly with at VBHC, just sent me these pictures. These are all pics from the gulf side. The hot tub is filled with sand and the fence is gone but the gate is still standing... The parking area is really bad...

I'm hoping in a few weeks, we will get another update directly from the BOD at VBHC.
Those photos are not very promising. Praying no lives were loss from Lan .

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Those photos are not very promising. Praying no lives were loss from Lan .

My college friend bought a home in Naples Park with bay access back in 2020 and had it completely updated. He just left today from Michigan and is headed down to Naples. He has a home service that checks on his house when he is gone and back in Michigan. They measured that his home had 8+ feet of water in it. He has to get everthing out to the curb for a Tuesday pickup that he arranged...ugh, I so wish I was not working or I would have drove down with him...so very sad

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
New Update from VBHC:

THIS PROPERTY IS CURRENTLY CLOSED.

We understand this is a stressful time for you all with so many unknowns. Please know we are all in the same position, including management. No one will be able to access this property until further notice. The property can not be occupied until deemed safe. At this time it is tagged unsafe.

Local authorities say it may be weeks to even restore power and more to clean up and repair safety equipment and fire suppression systems. There are no pools, spas, grills, tiki huts, fences, etc. There is no equipment left for pools or spas, as all has washed away. Again, buildings held up well. NO ONE CAN CHECK IN OR OCCUPY THE BUILDING UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.

The property is being monitored by staff and security at night. The staff is all accounted for and safe. All Board members are aware. Clean up will begin Monday and we will continue to update as we know more. PLEASE BE PATIENT. Please also check the news for updates on the power grid in all areas. There are many employees in Lee County without power who work at this property, including the manager. Rest assured, we are keeping your property safe.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vanderbilt Beach
Sugarcubesea, I am a VBHC owner as well. So very sad to see these pictures. We were there 2 short months ago. I would like to share them with other owners not on this forum but on the owner facebook page if that is alright.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sugarcubesea, I am a VBHC owner as well. So very sad to see these pictures. We were there 2 short months ago. I would like to share them with other owners not on this forum but on the owner facebook page if that is alright.

@SunSandSangria, yes, for sure you can share these pics....Since your also an owner maybe we can create a group chat with all the owners we know of and share info as we all get it?

I was so sad to see the devastation at VBHC. I love this resort and own 2 weeks here and was going to buy a 3rd week when I was down for my time this December...

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vanderbilt Beach
@SunSandSangria, yes, for sure you can share these pics....Since your also an owner maybe we can create a group chat with all the owners we know of and share info as we all get it?

I was so sad to see the devastation at VBHC. I love this resort and own 2 weeks here and was going to buy a 3rd week when I was down for my time this December...

I

Is there a way to dm (I am new to this website) to get the info to owners?

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Laura it is sad to see the destruction but the building looks intact and can’t see evidence of water intrusion

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Laura it is sad to see the destruction but the building looks intact and can’t see evidence of water intrusion
Pat, I agree it breaks my heart to see the destruction but the actual building did hold up. I so hope I can come in December, because I so enjoy seeing you. If we can't come in December due to the building not being approved for guests, I will be coming back in March and staying at Hyatt Coconut in Bonita Springs, so one way or another I will be in FL at some point...take good care and I so hope to see you soon...

LittleLeo

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vanderbilt beach and harbor club
I am also an owner at VBHC… we own on gulf side. Is there any pics of the resort building anywhere of that side of the building itself?

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vanderbilt Beach
I am also an owner at VBHC… we own on gulf side. Is there any pics of the resort building anywhere of that side of the building itself?
Hi, Management posted photos on the owner website a few minutes ago. There are other photos posted on the owner’s chat page on facebook if you are on there.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Have any of the owners received any new information from VBHC. I know the GM - Denise has her hands full and can not really update but just wanted to determine if anyone in the area has seen the area getting power and water back on?

I'm still waiting on getting my election ballot that supposedly went out to all owners a many weeks ago...

I so hope power comes back on, so the process of repair and assessment of the complex can begin...

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vanderbilt Beach
Have any of the owners received any new information from VBHC. I know the GM - Denise has her hands full and can not really update but just wanted to determine if anyone in the area has seen the area getting power and water back on?

I'm still waiting on getting my election ballot that supposedly went out to all owners a many weeks ago...

I so hope power comes back on, so the process of repair and assessment of the complex can begin...
Sent you a pm :)

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
1665443968243.png

Here is the update on VBHC from their website. Has anyone who is an owner received their ballots for the upcoming board election? I never received mine. If you have received yours can you scan a copy of an uncompleted form over to me....thanks

Family_travel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Thanks for the update.
I hope the damage does not cause a large assessment to owners.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for the update.
I hope the damage does not cause a large assessment to owners.

I'm thinking it will create an assessment. I'm following updates from other owners of condos on Vanderbilt Beach and they are reporting on Facebook that they have been told it might be months before power is restored to the condos on Vanderbilt Beach.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking it will create an assessment. I'm following updates from other owners of condos on Vanderbilt Beach and they are reporting on Facebook that they have been told it might be months before power is restored to the condos on Vanderbilt Beach.
Months for power doesn’t seem right? Convoy of power trucks went to Sanibel today, seems like they would already have gone to Vanderbilt beach. I saw a picture of my friends having lunch on 5th avenue last week.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Months for power doesn’t seem right? Convoy of power trucks went to Sanibel today, seems like they would already have gone to Vanderbilt beach. I saw a picture of my friends having lunch on 5th avenue last week.

Pat, that was my thought too, but I guess Gulf Shore Drive, where VBHC is located all of the power lines were underground and the water washes everthing away. On our owners page they updated today that the complex is still without power but they got water service restored today... I so hope I can use my weeks 49 and 50 but it seems a bit unlikely at this point...

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
New Update from VBHC Website:

DUE TO HURRICANE IAN
THIS PROPERTY IS STILL CURRENTLY CLOSED (10.12.22).
We understand this is a stressful time for you all with so many unknowns.
NO ONE CAN CHECK-IN OR OCCUPY THE BUILDING
UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.​

We know it is not what you want to hear at this time, and we are very much looking forward to welcoming our owners back, but the property is currently closed. It may be one to two months before the area, and our property can be deemed safe to inhabit and/or even visit. We are currently still without power but water has been restored. No owner will be able to access this property until further notice. The property cannot be occupied until deemed safe and at this time, it is still tagged unsafe.

Although our building weathered the storm much better than others, the gulf side ground level has been destroyed. The bayside is being fixed and we are currently trying to save what we can while developing plans for re-opening. Other properties in the area could be closed for six months to a year. We are hoping to open within two months based on insurance and product availability. Debris is being removed from both Gulfside and Bayside and insurance inspections are underway. Please continue to monitor the website for updates. Please be patient. We will continue to care for your Home Away From Home!

(We will update with further details as soon as possible. Please be patient.)

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
UPDATE: October 13, 2022

You can see VBHC at 7 minutes/56 seconds thru this video.