• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I want to say a big Thank You to the Tuggers

caligirl2007

Reaction score
I've successfully canceled my contract with Wyndham. I purchased 105,000 points for $22,000 when I visited Vegas. Fortunately, I found this site and with all the help I got, I canceled my contract.

Thank you everyone! :cheer::cheer::cheer:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
added, thank you!

and congratulations on finding us in time!

caligirl2007

Reaction score
I bought 120000 Wyndham points for... wait for it... $100. A $21,900 discount!

TS

:clap: that is one BIG discount! Congrats! I'm so relieve I found this site in time and canceled within the rescission period. I was so stress over it. :bawl:

But, now I'm :cheer:! :D

Thank you everyone.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
And this is HOW we grow timeshare addicts!

We save them $22,000, give them the courage to BUY a resale (a used timeshare or a bunch of Points) off an internet site (like eBAY or from the TUG Bargain Basement freebies), teach them how to be a pro trading on several exchange sites, and entice them to go to places their internet friends (that is US) rave about.

And most of us have spent our savings (our version of $22,000) on vacations our neighbors next door, our siblings and our co-workers wonder HOW we can afford all those trips & why we are possessed in our travelling to all these NEW places.

My relatives just love getting an invite to meet up with me - they even will happily sleep on sofa beds, buy me all my food & drink, pay for the rental car, tickets & touristy trinkets - must be something about the REALLY NICE resorts, units, adventures as the place we are staying they figure is costing me $300-500 per night.

And I am NOT GOING TO TELLING THEM the truth ... :D

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
:clap: that is one BIG discount! Congrats! I'm so relieve I found this site in time and canceled within the rescission period. I was so stress over it. :bawl:

But, now I'm :cheer:! :D

Thank you everyone.

I liked this web site because knowledge is power. Always Buy resell and save yourself some money. Great move on your part. Good Luck.

chrystellesong

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've successfully canceled my contract with Wyndham. I purchased 105,000 points for $22,000 when I visited Vegas. Fortunately, I found this site and with all the help I got, I canceled my contract.

Thank you everyone! :cheer::cheer::cheer:
Hey Caligirl2007,
I am happy for you. I have been trying to get out of Wyndham for years now. How did you do it?
Please Advise,
Chrystelle

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
Hey Caligirl2007,
I am happy for you. I have been trying to get out of Wyndham for years now. How did you do it?
Please Advise,
Chrystelle

Hello and welcome to TUG

The OP found this site right after she bought and was able to rescind under the terms of her contract.

You will have to do a little work to get rid or yours. If you go to the TUG Home by clicking on the red bar at the top of this page you will find many articles on how to get rid of your TS.

Here's a link to some of them. Read as much as you can and then start a thread with any specific question you many have.

http://tug2.net/timeshare_advice/tug_timeshare_advice.shtml#Buying__Selling_Timeshares

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey Caligirl2007,
Please Advise,
Chrystelle

Really? What have you tried? After the legally required 'cooling-off' or rescission period you were allowed when you first bought it, the way to 'get out' of the ownership is to sell it, or give it away.

Read the 'how to sell your timeshare' sticky at the top of this forum, and follow the instructions. You might list it in the Bargain Deals. For $15 you can join TUG. One of the benefits of membership is to be able to post ads in the TUG marketplace (see the red stripe above).

MOST IMPORTANT: DO NOT EVER pay anyone upfront any more than a simple 'listing fee' (under $50) to sell it for you. Those upfront fee outfits that promise to 'get you out', or 'End Maintenance Fees' are simply scams. You pay them, they disappear with your money and you still own the timeshare.

Another alternative: stick around TUG. Learn how to use what you own. There are many Wyndham owners who are happy with their vacation ownerships. They may be able to help you maximize the value you saw in it when you bought it. That hasn't changed.

Best wishes.

Jim

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Clarification...

The OP found this site right after she bought and was able to rescind under the terms of her contract.

Just to clarify a point for "Chrystelle" (post #9 above), the ability for a purchaser to rescind a developer-direct purchase has nothing to do with "terms of her contract". Regardless and irrespective of any such contract terms or content, state law provides the legal right to cancel a developer-direct contract within the "cooling off" period specified by the applicable law in the state of purchase.

Typically, the rescission time period provided by applicable state law is 5-7 days, although it is as few as 3 days in some states (Massachusetts, Ohio, Indiana, Vermont, Connecticut). In Florida (and in a very few other states, including Tennessee) it's 10 days. In Alaska, it's 15 days.

Once the rescission period provided by the particular state law ends, so too ends any further option for a buyer to cancel the contract and purchase. Weeks, months or years later is much too late to be able to just unilaterally cancel a (voluntarily executed previously) contract and its' associated timeshare purchase.

Last edited:

caligirl2007

Reaction score
Hey Caligirl2007,
Please Advise,
Chrystelle

Hi Chrystelle,

Like the below tuggers stated, I cancel within the rescission period. I bought the timeshare on Saturday in Las Vegas, and I had 5 days to cancel. I cancel that following Monday. I didn't know anything about the rescission period at all, until I found this site and started reading and posted a thread for help.

Like csxjohn says, start a thread and you will get advice from people in here to help you. Good luck.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
Just to clarify a point for "chrystelle" (post #9 above), the ability for a purchaser to rescind a developer-direct purchase really has nothing to do with "terms of her contract". Regardless and irrespective of any contract terms, state law provides the legal right to cancel a developer-direct contract within the "coolong off" period specified by the applicable law in the particular state of purchase.

Typically, the rescission time period provided by the applicable state law is 5-7 days, although it's as few as 3 days in some states (Massachusetts, Ohio, Indiana, Connecticut). In Florida (and a few other states, including Tennessee) it's 10 days. Alaska is 15 days.

Once the legally provided "cooling off period" is over, so is the right for the buyer to unilaterally cancel the contract and purchase. Weeks, months or years later is just too late to unilaterally cancel a voluntarily executed contract and its' associated timeshare purchase.

Thank you for pointing out my mis-wording, yes it's the state law at work here.

Larry M

TUG Member
Reaction score
How to get out of Wyndham? Simple, nothing to it. Just call them.

Click here to see how I got out of Wyndham after trying to give the unit away for a year. :)

There's a little confusion in the thread, but read both pages and it will all make sense.

Incidentally, one thing I never mentioned was that during this process I put the unit in DAE so I actually recovered something for my last year's maintenance fee. You might wish to consider this if the give-back process doesn't proceed promptly or if you've already paid this year's maintenance and won't use the property.

Larry M