• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I volunteer as tribute

Status
Not open for further replies.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
BullSh&t information

You and Kurt are very similar in that you never have any substance to add other than put downs and snide remarks. What part is BS ?

Bill

emeryjre

TUG Member
Reaction score
All of it. I would discuss facts with you, but you would rather listen to you radio and tv guys that feed your conspiracy theories and your alternate reality.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All of it. I would discuss facts with you, but you would rather listen to you radio and tv guys that feed your conspiracy theories and your alternate reality.

You are not capable of discussing anything in a normal fashion regarding covid. Most of the other topics you participate in you actually read very well.

The term is called vaccine resistance. It is similar to antibiotic resistant in some ways. Vaccine resistance occurs with a breakthrough infection in a vaccinated person because the vaccine failed to provide total immunity. This vaccine resistance with covid vaccines is because the covid vaccines provide blood antibodies and not lung antibodies and covid begins as a respiratory infection. A person taking a covid vaccine does develop blood antibodies that prevent the worse outcomes of covid disease for most people. This is why covid vaccines don't prevent transmission 100%.

New covid varrients emerge every week. Some become dominate and some fizzle out. The booster is based off two variants. One is the original variant and the other is two variants of Omicron ba.4 and ba.5. The variant that will be next is ba.2.75 which is more contagious than the others. There is no reason to think the new booster will contain ba 2.75. Most people that have been vaccinated for covid or have caught covid will have memory immunity to prevent the worse outcomes of covid. People with compromised health, the elderly, especially those living in facilities and those who are advised by their doctors should get boosted.

Bill

emeryjre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Again you ignore the data and create you own view of how this all works, you are dangerously spreading misinformation

"Roger"

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would like to thank @VegasBella for starting a thread where people could share their positive experiences with the vaccine update. I am disappointed that someone decided to hijack the thread by posting material that he knew would lead to a locked thread if it were posted on its own. I think it is only a matter of time before this thread will be locked. Very disappointing that we can't have a thread emphasizing positive experiences.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Las Vegas
Wyndham Sedona
Wyndham Kona
I would like to thank @VegasBella for starting a thread where people could share their positive experiences with the vaccine update. I am disappointed that someone decided to hijack the thread by posting material that he knew would lead to a locked thread if it were posted on its own. I think it is only a matter of time before this thread will be locked. Very disappointing that we can't have a thread emphasizing positive experiences.

It looks like all experiences were welcome, not just positive.

Yes, I will get the new booster as soon as I can. And if you're frightened of the vaccine, you can wait and watch me and others like me to see if we die from the vax.
Anyone else in this camp with me?

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

I posted my thoughts on why I wouldn't be participating in boosters and immediately the usual suspects chimed in their opinion of my post without offering any explanation other than they don't like what I posted. I would also say that any time I do start a thread or add any information on a thread there is an extraordinary effort by some like emerjy to close it.

If this thread is only about positive experiences regarding covid vaccines I would say that our J&J vaccination we received at Fred Meyer was a good experience and pharmacist who jabbed us was very informative.

Bill

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I posted my thoughts on why I wouldn't be participating in boosters and immediately the usual suspects chimed in their opinion of my post without offering any explanation other than they don't like what I posted. I would also say that any time I do start a thread or add any information on a thread there is an extraordinary effort by some like emerjy to close it.

That’s because fringe unsupported beliefs deserve our ridicule, similar to the flat earth society…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That’s because fringe unsupported beliefs deserve our ridicule, similar to the flat earth society…

Everything I posted in this thread is documented medical knowledge that has been taught at every medical university for decades but thanks for your snide remark Ken.

Bill

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Everything I posted in this thread is documented medical knowledge that has been taught at every medical university for decades but thanks for your snide remark Ken.

Bill

I am referring generically to your posts, not just those in this thread. You may try to justify your fringe beliefs as accepted by many, but you would be incorrect.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am referring generically to your posts, not just those in this thread. You may try to justify your fringe beliefs as accepted by many, but you would be incorrect.

Why do you think anything I ever posted is a "fringe belief" when every thing I post is backed by research , studies and medical text ? You seem to be trying to defend your snide remarks with your wit but maybe you should consider that you have no wit.

Bill

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Why do you think anything I ever posted is a "fringe belief" when every thing I post is backed by research , studies and medical text ? You seem to be trying to defend your snide remarks with your wit but maybe you should consider that you have no wit.

Bill

The issue is that your “research” is comprised of youtube videos and discounted “studies” that have little, if any, merit. I know you want this to be a personal issue in order to deflect from these facts, but most of us see the truth.

MdRef

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Las Vegas, Orlando

Interesting response, but should those participating in this discussion only, "share their positive experiences with the vaccine update."?

Also, wouldn't a negative response be just as important as a positive response?

And of course, why lock down a thread started based on negative responses, but not one on positive responses?

Give us your thoughts Roger. :ponder:

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I know you want this to be a personal issue in order to deflect from these facts, but most of us see the truth.

This would be you thinking your snide remarks are anything other than deflection. Just knock it off all ready. You do this in many threads and it discourages conversation. If you don't want to talk about something then don't would be the right thing to do, imo.

Bill

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
This would be you thinking your snide remarks are anything other than deflection. Just knock it off all ready. You do this in many threads and it discourages conversation. If you don't want to talk about something then don't would be the right thing to do, imo.

Bill

Your continual posting of incorrect, unsupported, discounted, discredited, and simply wrong information is, as others have already stated, dangerous. I am always astonished that seemingly intelligent and thoughtful people can believe such obvious nonsense, but then human history is full of such examples. It is inappropriate to allow such misguided and incorrect information equal consideration as those supported by the vast majority of experts in a particular field.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Your continual posting of incorrect, unsupported, discounted, discredited, and simply wrong information is, as others have already stated, dangerous. I am always astonished that seemingly intelligent and thoughtful people can believe such obvious nonsense, but then human history is full of such examples. It is inappropriate to allow such misguided and incorrect information equal consideration as those supported by the vast majority of experts in a particular field.

Nothing I ever posted has been incorrect or is misinformation. So what you are saying is if I don't believe what you say, and prescribe to what you say, I'm dangerous. Your attitude is the attitude that is attributed to intolerance and that is the real danger, imo. "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle.

Bill

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Nothing I ever posted has been incorrect or is misinformation. So what you are saying is if I don't believe what you say, and prescribe to what you say, I'm dangerous. Your attitude is the attitude that is attributed to intolerance and that is the real danger, imo. "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle.

Bill

No. For the last few years you have posted disgraced studies, YouTube videos from so called experts that had no or little training in the subject matter, and even after being corrected you post them again. You frame your posts as if you are being reasonable and logical, yet the foundation of your facts are unsupported by the vast majority of experts in the field. When you get called out, as I have done today, you resort to attacking the individual and not your failed methodology of supporting fringe beliefs.

"Roger"

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Interesting response, but should those participating in this discussion only, "share their positive experiences with the vaccine update."?

Also, wouldn't a negative response be just as important as a positive response?

And of course, why lock down a thread started based on negative responses, but not one on positive responses?

Give us your thoughts Roger. :ponder:
If you start by looking at response #22 and the following responses, it is exactly what has gotten a number of threads locked. If response #22 had been posted as a new thread, it would have been locked immediately. (Was this comment put into this thread as a way of trying to sneak around prior lock downs?)

Yes, I would have liked to have seen a thread devoted to positive experiences and I am sadden to see this taken over by the bickering that has led to other threads being locked down. It is only a matter of time before this one will be.

If you consider that a positive outcome, I guess you don't want a thread devoted to positive experiences.

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
You are not capable of discussing anything in a normal fashion regarding covid. Most of the other topics you participate in you actually read very well.

The term is called vaccine resistance. It is similar to antibiotic resistant in some ways. Vaccine resistance occurs with a breakthrough infection in a vaccinated person because the vaccine failed to provide total immunity. This vaccine resistance with covid vaccines is because the covid vaccines provide blood antibodies and not lung antibodies and covid begins as a respiratory infection. A person taking a covid vaccine does develop blood antibodies that prevent the worse outcomes of covid disease for most people. This is why covid vaccines don't prevent transmission 100%.

New covid varrients emerge every week. Some become dominate and some fizzle out. The booster is based off two variants. One is the original variant and the other is two variants of Omicron ba.4 and ba.5. The variant that will be next is ba.2.75 which is more contagious than the others. There is no reason to think the new booster will contain ba 2.75. Most people that have been vaccinated for covid or have caught covid will have memory immunity to prevent the worse outcomes of covid. People with compromised health, the elderly, especially those living in facilities and those who are advised by their doctors should get boosted.

Bill
Not very resistant when you are 20 times more likely to die if you are unvaccinated. That puts it as one of least resistant vaccine in history.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
My prediction is that Bill's posts are going get the COVID forum shut down permanently. I don't hate it...

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
If you start by looking at response #22 and the following responses, it is exactly what has gotten a number of threads locked. If response #22 had been posted as a new thread, it would have been locked immediately. (Was this comment put into this thread as a way of trying to sneak around prior lock downs?)

Yes, I would have liked to have seen a thread devoted to positive experiences and I am sadden to see this taken over by the bickering that has led to other threads being locked down. It is only a matter of time before this one will be.

If you consider that a positive outcome, I guess you don't want a thread devoted to positive experiences.

FWIW, I have had five total so far with the latest just a few weeks ago. No negative known issues to date. I encourage everyone to get vaccinated and get the boosters.

emeryjre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nothing I ever posted has been incorrect or is misinformation.
Bill
You are living in an alternative reality. You may have said a thing or two by accident that is true, but most of your posts are from educators, doctors, "scientists" that have been disavowed and distanced by their peers. You seem to think that being promoted, endorsed and published by Alex Jones and INFOWARS is a badge of honor. This information is false. The studies you promote are opinion pieces that have no cause and effect statistical significance. They are fake, designed to enhance book sales, herbal remedy promotions, and establish themselves on the fake information dissemination circuit.

The overwhelming amount of your statements and information posted here at the TUG covid forum is false, misleading and dangerous

MdRef

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Las Vegas, Orlando

Roger please understand, I'm certainly not going claim to understand what Bill or anyone else, is trying or not trying to do. I think I'll leave that to Bill.

Positive experiences are always nice to hear about, but we need to understand that there are negative experiences as well. Not with just Covid medications, but with any medication(s). Side effects always concern me but, I'll still take it, understanding fully those risk(s) and very thankful that each was noted.

Anyway, thanks for the response and I think I'll leave it here having a somewhat better idea of how you feel. Know that I'm not going to debate this in any way, shape or form. It's not my place to do that. I may not always agree with someone's ideas, but I'll always ask for and thank them for explaining those ideas.

Stay safe. ;)

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
It looks like all experiences were welcome, not just positive.
Yes, if you got the newest vax and had a reaction I would love that to be in this thread.
But labeling a diatribe about why you don't want to get vaccinated "an experience" is quite a stretch.

after your first covid vaccination, the immune system has produced memory t cells in the lymph nodes that will keep most people from the worst outcomes of catching covid.
They provide some protection IF your vaccine "took" (which you likely can't know). But there's a lot of evidence that immunity to all COVID wanes over time regardless of whether the immunity is from vax, infection, or a combination.
Your statement assumes a lot that is simply not proven science and is currently uncertain. Here's a summary of what we know about t cells and the vaccines for COVID:

Boosters are so so regarding transmission. You can be boosted and still catch covid from others and give covid to others.
That's true. These are not sterilizing vaccines that stop transmission. It is likely they reduce transmission but a vaccine-only approach was never going to succeed in stopping COVID.
We need to wear high quality masks like n95 as well until we get a sterilizing vaccine, the virus mutates to a much less dangerous or transmissible version, or we get better indoor air standards that simply filter out dangerous airborne pathogens.

Also, circulating antibodies from recent vaccination, while not 100% effective at preventing infection, seem to be pretty good at preventing infection.
Variants are changing rapidly and by December the dominate strain will likely be something else.
The virus can mutate to evade immunity, which is what it is doing.
The virus cannot mutate to evade PHYSICAL barriers, which is what high quality masks and HEPA are.

Also, each time you get vaccinated your body responds and it doesn't always respond exactly the same way. It remembers different parts.

Taking too much of any medicine can tweak the immune system causing dysregulation meaning the immune system response is over or under active.
Yes, we should always strive to take the lowest effective dose. But with vaccines each dose is so low and it's a one-time thing that it's hard to argue there's a high risk. There's a guy who had something like 40 doses before he was caught. He's FINE!

I've had a total of 5 shots. My plan is to get vaxxed about every 6 months until we have better public health strategies or better treatments or until COVID is actually gone/not so dangerous. I have zero problem with these vaccines. Tylenol is literally far more dangerous.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
No. For the last few years you have posted disgraced studies, YouTube videos from so called experts that had no or little training in the subject matter, and even after being corrected you post them again. You frame your posts as if you are being reasonable and logical, yet the foundation of your facts are unsupported by the vast majority of experts in the field. When you get called out, as I have done today, you resort to attacking the individual and not your failed methodology of supporting fringe beliefs.

That's just your opinion and you are the one that came in with the snide remarks instead of a rebuttal backed by any research. Your above post is another example of how you roll.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.