• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I traded through Intervale and have e plus

shirlasker

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am trying to upgrade my reservation through e plus trade and I am having a difficult time
Has anyone had success with it, or is it very difficult to achieve?

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
I am trying to upgrade my reservation through e plus trade and I am having a difficult time
Has anyone had success with it, or is it very difficult to achieve?
It takes a lot of searching. What are you trying to upgrade?

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
It very much depends on diligent you are about searching for what you want and what it is you are looking to upgrade to. Some upgrades can be easy, some impossible. As klpca asked, what resort and week are you looking to upgrade to? With that info, we can let you know if impossible or not.

shirlasker

TUG Member
Reaction score
I want to upgrade from a studio at Marriot Shadow Ridge in Palm Desert to a 1 bedroom. We traded our timeshare which is a one bedroom and got a studio

shirlasker

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would also like to upgrade to a nicer resort in Scottsdale, for one that I exchanged for on Intervale.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
What month/week are you looking to travel? Summer months in Palm Desert and Scottsdale should be available now. Winter could be a bit harder.

shirlasker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Jan in Scottsdale and Feb in Palm desert
I know its hard to get winter in a warm climate, but I am trading a warm climate in winter timeshare. Thats why using II is sometimes useless

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
I know its hard to get winter in a warm climate, but I am trading a warm climate in winter timeshare. Thats why using II is sometimes useless

You may need to fine tune your future requests. If a studio isn't acceptable for a 1 BR trade, then make sure you indicate that on your request and/or don't accept it when offered. If you indicate that studios are acceptable, you will almost always end up with one. At this point, you will likely need to wait for more deposits and hope to catch them so you will need to keep checking every day. Feb in Palm Desert is competitive, but not impossible. I would have held out for a 1 BR and kept the ongoing search going instead of taking the studio.

sun starved Gayle

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I am looking to Eplus an exchange, I would keep the II site open on my desk and refresh, refresh, refresh. Literally dozens of times a day. Really good stuff only lasts a very short time. Most of my Eplus trades have been pretty last minute as well. And I have had more than a little help from my friends who were looking for me as well. (Thanks Taterhed and Happymum !) It is still early for next winter, don't get discouraged.

Do you have another unit you could start an on-going search with for a larger unit ? If you get a hit, you could call II and ask if you could Eplus with your other unit instead. I have never done this but I seem to recall other Tuggers being able to do this.

You could also put a sightings request for the dates, area and type of unit you are looking for on the sightings board. Tuggers are a helpful bunch!

Good luck!

mauitraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have you considered switching to Jan. in Palm Desert and then Feb. in Scottsdale? I see availability for 1-BRs and 2-BRs with those dates. Good luck with your searches. As others have mentioned by looking as often as possible each day you can be pleasantly surprised and find the exact dates and resorts that you want. CJ

shirlasker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the good advice, I am learning and it helps to hear from long time owners. I see that switching to Jan in Palm Desert and Feb in Scottsdale would work, but we are meeting our son and his family at the end of Feb beginning of March in Palm Desert. Where is the sightings board?
Keeping the site open and hitting refresh is a great idea! Thanks again! So glad I found this site.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I want to upgrade from a studio at Marriot Shadow Ridge in Palm Desert to a 1 bedroom. We traded our timeshare which is a one bedroom and got a studio
Yesterday there was a bunch of 2BR at Shadow Ridge in February, today they are no longer there.

mauitraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the good advice, I am learning and it helps to hear from long time owners. I see that switching to Jan in Palm Desert and Feb in Scottsdale would work, but we are meeting our son and his family at the end of Feb beginning of March in Palm Desert. Where is the sightings board?
Keeping the site open and hitting refresh is a great idea! Thanks again! So glad I found this site.
The Sightings/Distressed Forum is the last forum listed on the first page of the TUG Online Discussion Forums page (under "Private Forums"). You can place your "sightings requests" there. CJ

shirlasker

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Sightings/Distressed Forum is the last forum listed on the first page of the TUG Online Discussion Forums page (under "Private Forums"). You can place your "sightings requests" there. CJ
Thanks I will place my sightings!

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
@shirlasker
What dates do you need? If I see them I'll let you know.
Phoenix/Scottsdale: you want the Westin, Marriott or Four Seasons?
Palm Desert - are you okay with any of the 4 Marriotts and 2 Westins?

I agree with Sue. You settled too early. Don't allow your search to confirm a studio. Wait for the search to match the size(s) you really want.

We need to know what your home resort is.

Last edited:

shirlasker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Phoenix Scottdale, dates are Jan 14 to Jan 28, 2022
Palm desert Feb 26 to March 12, 2022
Yes we are ok with Westin, Marriot or Four Seasons
Our home resort is Villa Del Flamingos in Nuevo Vallarta Mexico

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
@shirlasker
I posted two resorts with dates that may be of interest to you in the Sightings topic:
https://tugbbs.com/forums/threads/ii-january-‘22-westin-kierland-villas-wkv-resort-details.316077/#post-2603120

https://tugbbs.com/forums/threads/i...ow-through-2021-all-1brs.308906/#post-2603126

Please let us know if you are able to see the Jan weeks with your deposit, by going to My History, Exchanges > find your confirmed reservation > Start E-Plus Retrade
If you cannot see them, then, the home resort / week may not have enough trade power to pull the Jan week at the target resort.

Currently, the Marriott did not have any Jan availability. Nothing currently showing for Four Seasons.

The codes you need to search with are:
WKV, MCV, SCT, SDI

Please remember that e-plus retrade is a "final transaction". There is no "undo". You do not get a 24 hour grace period, so be certain that the Resort / week works for you before confirming the retrade.

mauitraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Phoenix Scottdale, dates are Jan 14 to Jan 28, 2022
Palm desert Feb 26 to March 12, 2022
Yes we are ok with Westin, Marriot or Four Seasons
Our home resort is Villa Del Flamingos in Nuevo Vallarta Mexico
A 1-BR unit at Marriott Desert Springs II (MPD) is available Feb. 28, 2022. Hope that works for you! CJ

DWellser

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Desert Springs Villas I and II; Marriott's Canyon Villas, Westin Kierland, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Mission Hills, Sheraton's Mountain Vista, Sheraton's Vistana Villages, Hyatt Platinum Vaca Club; Paradise Village, & Vail Run
You may need to fine-tune your future requests. If a studio isn't acceptable for a 1 BR trade, then make sure you indicate that on your request and/or don't accept it when offered. If you indicate that studios are acceptable, you will almost always end up with one. At this point, you will likely need to wait for more deposits and hope to catch them so you will need to keep checking every day. Feb in Palm Desert is competitive, but not impossible. I would have held out for a 1 BR and kept the ongoing search going instead of taking the studio.
You also need to know II rates the timeshare resorts and if you trade in a lower rated timeshare resort (not a Marriott/Westin type) or a non-prime week, you will not find all the options available. The better the timeshare you trade-in, the easier it is to get what you want with upgrades. I constantly trade in my studio and 1-bedroom units for 2-bedroom units, with minimal effort, every year - but always at the same villa brand (Marriotts or Westins). If you are trying to trade in a lower-rated timeshare resort and looking to get an upgrade into a higher-rated resort, it probably will be pretty tough.