• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

i told my dh i wasn't ready to go back to school today

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
so the first thing i did when i got to work this morning was fall down and break my right hand in 2 places! :eek: and now i get another week off! :D

i am typing w/left hand only so you will notice some quality issues!

i imagine david will see this as an opportunity to get away with more stuff!:D

Transit

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that .Hope you have a quick recovery.The school I work in had a few days off because of bad weather.(Fay)

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Get well soon!

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
Oh no :eek: !

So you'd rather hang out on TUG than go to school :D ?

How is your hand doing? I once burned both hands (McDonald's grill) and it was impossible to do anything, including driving, dialing a phone (back in the days of phones with dials), etc.

I hope your hand is better soon!

SDKath

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am gonna have a hard time figuring out if it's pointsjunkie posting or you. :rofl: Hope you feel better though. Katherine

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
it really hurt this morning, but much better now that it's been in the brace for a few hours. plus i took a naproxin. (worst part was walking into the staff meeting in front of 100+ people. all muddy and embarrassed!) i am not suppose to use it at all until they put the cast on Fri - that's why work won't let me come in - oh darn! :D

thanks everybody for your kind wishes!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am gonna have a hard time figuring out if it's pointsjunkie posting or you. :rofl: Hope you feel better though. Katherine

yeah - caps are way too much trouble w/only 1 hand!

Jestjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear your news. I hope you'll have a speedy recovery...........

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
I feel your pain. At least in Texas fall means a break in the heat and football season-always a reason to celebrate. But I'm guessing this is this a Texas thing...

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
sorry to hear - i promise i will only be bad with my left hand...
get well...

taffy19

Reaction score
it really hurt this morning, but much better now that it's been in the brace for a few hours. plus i took a naproxin. (worst part was walking into the staff meeting in front of 100+ people. all muddy and embarrassed!) i am not suppose to use it at all until they put the cast on Fri - that's why work won't let me come in - oh darn! :D

thanks everybody for your kind wishes!
I hope it will not hurt as long as my hand did after I broke it in Europe but the pain will eventually go away so I hope for you too as you are younger. :)

I did much worse in Mexico and have several fractures in my sternum as well as three broken ribs plus my big toe. A broken sternum is very painful and lasts much longer than broken ribs or a toe. It's already over two months ago so is slow to heal and still quite painful.

Take it easy Denise because you need your hand for everything.

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Denise,
Owie! Broken bones are no fun. Hope you heal well and are soon pain free.

Next time you don't want to go to work, couldn't you fake stomach flu or something? Its a lot less painful...

Just kidding, of course!

Fern

ciscogizmo1

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Shadow Ridge, Timber Lodge & Waiohai
Westin: Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Villas
Disney: Beach Club Villas & Bay Lake Towers
I'm sorry Denise... I hope it heals quickly even though you don't want to go back to work.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
i feel great today, but risk mgmt. won't let me go back to work until after i see dr. friday & get cast....so who am i to complain? :D

Thanks again for all the kind thoughts, everybody:hi:

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Denise, I am so sorry about your hand. I didn't know what this post was about, or I would have chimed in sooner.

I hope your hand heals quickly. :)

Sir Newf

TUG Member
Reaction score
...I hear that hands heal better- in Maui..;) .... Feel better..

swift

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Ok Denise how much did you pay the kid to trip you on the work site? :rolleyes: I said the same thing to my hubby and all I got was cold feet pushing me out and a hot cup of coffee handed to me at the door.;)

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ok Denise how much did you pay the kid to trip you on the work site? :rolleyes: I said the same thing to my hubby and all I got was cold feet pushing me out and a hot cup of coffee handed to me at the door.;)

no kids yet - it was a teacher work day and i slipped in some mud by my classroom from the sprinkler. i tried to catch myself on a cable fence on the way down and that's what broke my hand. if i had just gone down, i would have been fine :rolleyes:

Liz Wolf-Spada

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I hope you're feeling better, Denise. I am back, with kids, since last Thursday. Good class, but the first month is always so exhausting.
Liz