• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I thought this was an interesting and intelligent commentary

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Strange how the anti-vaxxers used to be a fringe group primarily with kids that had medical issues to blame on the vaccines. The super-duper majority of people didn't feel their freedoms, other liberties, their personal health choices and similar issues were being infringed by the vaccine mandates that have been in effect for decades.

And then viruses and this vaccine were made a partisan issue. The statistics prove this is driven by political ideology and not much else.

Brett

Reaction score
Strange how the anti-vaxxers used to be a fringe group primarily with kids that had medical issues to blame on the vaccines. The super-duper majority of people didn't feel their freedoms, other liberties, their personal health choices and similar issues were being infringed by the vaccine mandates that have been in effect for decades.

And then viruses and this vaccine were made a partisan issue. The statistics prove this is driven by political ideology and not much else.

not proven but it seems for some people COVID vaccinations are oriented towards political leanings and not necessarily health concerns

Probably why there are not "Federal" mandates except for the military, hospitals, etc. It's more like -

The feds won’t make you get a vaccine. But your boss will.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2021/08/03/vaccine-mandates-private-businesses/

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
not proven but it seems for some people COVID vaccinations are oriented towards political leanings and not necessarily health concerns
I agree not technically "proven", but there are some polls that show the affiliation of those who are strongly anti-(COVID19)vaxxers. I'm not introducing them here for obvious reasons but the responses are pretty glaring and obvious what is driving this.

People may cite to medical concerns, freedom and non FDA approved, but these are just a boot strap for the underlying affiliation, and you don't hear people cite the same concern for other more risky medical treatments.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yesterday, I had my semi-annual (non-Covid) checkup with my pulmonologist. Nice guy, and the ONLY lung doc in the local practice. So he's the go-to for Covid cases here. He told me that he has 50-some patients currently, up from single numbers in May/June. He read down the ages of his current patients, and with few exceptions, they were between 35 and 60. Quite young, don'tcha think? Of these, NONE. ZERO. ZILCH were vaccinated. He's only admitted 3 vaccinated patients, all of which recovered and were released.

Asked about masking, he said that those of us who mask are simply doing it to protect the unvaccinated. And it might be somewhat callous, but if he had his way, when someone expressed that for whatever reason they give for not getting vaxxed, he'd have them sign a document refusing treatment should they present with Covid positivity. If they refuse something that has a near 100% record of saving their life, they oughtta take FULL RESPONSIBILITY for the consequences.

Freedom is freedom, but why should the fully protected give a whit about those who, by their own choice, are not?

Jim

Paumavista

TUG Member
Reaction score
Freedom is freedom, but why should the fully protected give a whit about those who, by their own choice, are not?

Jim
I just finished reading an article yesterday... I can't find it....but there were a couple of reasons it matters......1. Medical staff exhaustion...it's hard...suiting up & watching the difficult life/death effects of the disease day after day (the fear of taking it home to family/children); the resources being used. 2. There are many who can not be vaccinated (i.e. many transplant patients; those on certain medications, children & if we are discussing the world (and traveling) many countries simply do NOT have access to vaccines 3. The virus will continue to spread and mutate & as the virus mutates some vaccines (perhaps those that aren't as effective to begin with) will become even less effective; causing more severe reactions and continued mutations (we could be living with this for a LONG time).

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Yesterday, I had my semi-annual (non-Covid) checkup with my pulmonologist. Nice guy, and the ONLY lung doc in the local practice. So he's the go-to for Covid cases here. He told me that he has 50-some patients currently, up from single numbers in May/June. He read down the ages of his current patients, and with few exceptions, they were between 35 and 60. Quite young, don'tcha think? Of these, NONE. ZERO. ZILCH were vaccinated. He's only admitted 3 vaccinated patients, all of which recovered and were released.

Asked about masking, he said that those of us who mask are simply doing it to protect the unvaccinated. And it might be somewhat callous, but if he had his way, when someone expressed that for whatever reason they give for not getting vaxxed, he'd have them sign a document refusing treatment should they present with Covid positivity. If they refuse something that has a near 100% record of saving their life, they oughtta take FULL RESPONSIBILITY for the consequences.

Jim
Wow, I guess he skipped the Hippocratic oath and medical ethics classes. I'm for the responsibility for bills, etc., but don't want my doctor to think this way. I guess he'll let religious objectors die as well. Sounds like a very callous physician.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow, I guess he skipped the Hippocratic oath and medical ethics classes. I'm for the responsibility for bills, etc., but don't want my doctor to think this way. I guess he'll let religious objectors die as well. Sounds like a very callous physician.
I don't think he skipped anything. He treats those who become ill even though they had access to prevention, same as you and me. Feel free to guess about others' motives. I assure you, he cares more deeply for his patients than indicated by their actions, they care for themselves.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I don't think he skipped anything. He treats those who become ill even though they had access to prevention, same as you and me. Feel free to guess about others' motives. I assure you, he cares more deeply for his patients than indicated by their actions, they care for themselves.
People should really read what is posted and not just jump to conclusions. You never said you doc doesn't treat people.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Well that's good he does what he is obligated to do. I was referring to what you said he wished he could do: make his non-vaccinated patients refuse/waive treatment if they acquire COVID. (And presumably many of these that need treatment would die.)

"If he had his way, when someone expressed that for whatever reason they give for not getting vaxxed, he'd have them sign a document refusing treatment should they present with Covid positivity. "

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
"If he had his way, when someone expressed that for whatever reason they give for not getting vaxxed, he'd have them sign a document refusing treatment should they present with Covid positivity. "
Nice editing. I was paraphrasing a conversation that no one else was party to. Here's the full sentence. And the words were mine. Haven't we all been in situations where we would like to tell people how we REALLY feel. "Asked about masking, he said that those of us who mask are simply doing it to protect the unvaccinated. And it might be somewhat callous, but if he had his way, when someone expressed that for whatever reason they give for not getting vaxxed, he'd have them sign a document refusing treatment should they present with Covid positivity."

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch

Jim

One of the saddest remnants of COVID-19, I'm convinced, is going to be the loss of empathy among our healthcare workers. Burnout has always been a factor, substance abuse has always been a factor, basic mental health has always been a factor. But no other public health issue has ever had the cumulative effect of so many healthcare workers feeling like they are banging their heads against the wall for far too many people who don't appreciate the risks they face every damned day.

We're all going to pay for the completely inappropriate, misdirected reaction and response to COVID-19 in this country. All of us will pay. For a long, long, long time.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Nice editing. I was paraphrasing a conversation that no one else was party to. Here's the full sentence. And the words were mine. Haven't we all been in situations where we would like to tell people how we REALLY feel. "Asked about masking, he said that those of us who mask are simply doing it to protect the unvaccinated. And it might be somewhat callous, but if he had his way, when someone expressed that for whatever reason they give for not getting vaxxed, he'd have them sign a document refusing treatment should they present with Covid positivity."
I don't understand the distinction. You were telling us what he said, not your words.

Unless you are saying that the statement "And it might be somewhat callous, but if he had his way, when someone expressed that for whatever reason they give for not getting vaxxed, he'd have them sign a document refusing treatment should they present with Covid positivity" was just your opinion about what you thought he thought. In which case you unfairly attributed this to him.

I've certainly never heard a doctor talk this way about patients, especially to another patient, but you're the one that said "if he had his way," which I presumed meant he expressed this view, not that you made it up.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Personal freedoms above collective good.