• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I See a Reprimand in Someone's Future

lawgs

Reaction score
another funny thing is ....he says his ONE bedroom often gets 2 bedrooms in exchange

when you do a search with a 2 bedroom using his dates....

his resort only comes up with one bedrooms for exchange into....what a joke...

ours is a strong trader or should be week 52 at olcc and we do not see a lot o the weeks he mentioned....now granted my search is today and not january 14th....but methinks there is something rotten in the state of VV on the Parkway and its trading power....

maybe someone should send him an email asking if RCI has waived ....the below:

From Madge

There was a thread in this forum that addressed this issue and several references have been made to it. However, that thread may have been purged as the links to it are no longer working.

Following is information I have posted in response to questions about this issue in the past. If you have additional questions or would like clarification, please let me know.

Quote:
It is a violation of RCI's Terms and Conditions of Membership (Section 8) to rent, sell, barter, or auction, a deposited week or confirmed exchange, even if a Guest Certificate is purchased. Violation of this guideline could result in the termination of your RCI membership.

You may give a vacation to a friend or family member via the RCI Guest Certificate; however, you may not receive any compensation beyond the price of the exchange and Guest Certificate fees. Compensation includes anything of value, even another exchange vacation.

Following are a few of the reasons RCI prohibits deposited weeks and exchange vacations from being sold:

1) Accurate representation of Trading Power value -- RCI has contracts with its affiliated resorts and is in a better position to influence information provided about its program.

2) Fair exchange policy - RCI's program strives to provide a vacation that is comparable to the one you own. If members buy a deposited week from a resort they've never visited, RCI has no way to gauge their expectations.

3) Support for timeshare sales and purchases -- Most people who want higher quality vacation exchanges invest in the purchase of higher quality weeks. When these weeks are deposited with RCI, they in turn provide exchange families with a better selection and quality of inventory from which to choose. Travelers would not be incented to upgrade their purchases if they could simply buy the "interest" for a fraction of the purchase price per year.

4) The demand among RCI members for certain areas and times of year is overwhelming (school breaks, holidays, etc.) This is magnified when non-members can compete for the same space.

If you can't use a confimed exchange, cancel it and make the unit available to other RCI members who may be requesting it. When members rent or swap confirmed exchanges, they undermine RCI's program to the detriment of other members. If a member is waiting for a vacation, he would indeed be upset to think that prime exchange units were being offered to the general public or traded among friends instead of being released.

RCI works hard to keep its exchange program viable and to satisfy its subscribing members. Maintaining control of our inventory is crucial to our ability to do this.

Last edited:

gjw007

TUG Member
Reaction score
Vacation Village at Parkway is an RCI Points resort althogh I do understand that it sals use a ladder-scheme and will sell fixed weeks (I heard this from a sale person while attending a presentation at Hilton's GVC, so take it for what its worth). To the best of my knowledge, all units are 2-bedroom lockouts. The total sq. footage of the 2-bedroom unit is 1500 sq. ft but Suite A is about 1000 sq. ft. and Suite B is about 500 sq. ft. It appears that he is trying to rent out the lockouts. He also has another ad for Hawaii.

Last edited:

BocaBum99

TUG Member
Reaction score
klynn said:
Jim, Here is a lady who currently has 28 aucitons. I inquired about one of them and she wrote back telling me it was an RCI exchange. If you're interested here is a link:

www.bidshares.com/auctions/index.cfm?fuseaction=act_search&userid=26949

I think this kind of thing happenes often.

The most interesting thing about these auctions is that NOT ONE of them has a bid. Just goes to show you how weak bidshares is as a timeshare rental venue.

JLB

Banned
Reaction score
BocaBum99 said:
The most interesting thing about these auctions is that NOT ONE of them has a bid. Just goes to show you how weak bidshares is as a timeshare rental venue.

I noticed that. Google took me to bidshares yesterday, to look for Orange Lake deals for a TUG thread. Not one had a bid, and their reserves are hidden. You have to search for them.

BTW, I don't care what someone else does in violation of anyone else's rules. It is none of my business. There always has been and probably always will be a bunch of it going on. I am not the RCI police.

As I have said before, when we first got involved in timesharing, the impression that was given to us by the sales people was that we could do quite well selling exchanges to prime locations. That has been reaffirmed in sales pitches several times since. In '99, Georgio at EVR at Poipu said that he gets $14000 for prime Caribbean exchanges!

So, yeah, the person could be unaware that they are doing anything wrong.

I just posted for informational purposes, to inform TUG readers, since this is a common topic here and TUG users have been reprimanded.

Last edited:

boyblue

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just sent him an email asking if he is awear of the RCI rule.