• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I REALLY need that timeshare 12-step program

BevL

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Bought another timeshare on ebay this weekend - I just had to put in a snipe for $300 and got it for $227 and it's something we will use.

As well, my ongoing search for February of '08 was filled by RCI yesterday.

This is the only place I can actually express this stuff and not have people think I'm absolutely insane.

Yep, addicted for sure.

Bev

BarCol

TUG Member
Reaction score
Okay Bev the suspense is killing me...what did you buy and for what week or range of weeks???? Inquiring minds want to know... :)

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Us Too -- Came This Close To Buying On eBay Yesterday.

We need another timeshare like a moose needs a hat rack.

That didn't stop us yesterday from salivating over a tempting eBay offering.

It was was nothing special, really, except that it was a slightly bigger entry level points package (18,100 annual points) than the eBay special we bought last summer (15,000 points), for a somewhat better annual fee ($237 instead of $330), for not a whole lot more money (went for $380 or so; we paid $152.50).

We came this close to putting in a bid during the closing seconds, but managed to resist somehow, then watched the seconds tick away till somebody snagged the bargain.

It would have gnawed at me if nobody had bought it.

As it is, somebody did buy it & I am 100% OK with that.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
BarCol said:
Okay Bev the suspense is killing me...what did you buy and for what week or range of weeks???? Inquiring minds want to know... :)
LOL...instead of worrying about your addiction...I WANT TO KNOW,TOO!

....is there help out there for any of us?????? :eek:

BevL

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
AwayWeGo said:
We need another timeshare like a moose needs a hat rack.

I have to remember that one - that's good.

I currently own an EOY odd year Shuswap Lakes houseboat timeshare. We live in BC and LOVE houseboating, it's a great time. Picked up an EOY even year, same company, so we're very happy campers (or boaters - we don't camp anymore - LOL) as we can go (or have family/friends lining up if we decide not to use it) every year.

And my Feb '08 exchange is for Kona Coast Resort.

But I desperately need more time off or fewer timeshares.

Last edited:

ilisao

Reaction score
We've developed an addiction to timesharing, too. We just picked up an EOY at Villas at Sedona for $232 on eBay. Ahhh, esnipe is a beautiful thing. We'll definitely use it. I'm looking forward to our trip there next year since it's a place I've always wanted to visit.

We would like one in Orlando as well. Everyday my husband says to me "find any more timeshares?" We need these like a hole in the head!

BocaBum99

TUG Member
Reaction score
You think you've got it bad?

I may hold the all time record for most timeshares bought before selling one. I'm not even sure how many it is. All I know is that I can't count them with all my fingers and toes. I may not be able to count them with all my fingers and toes twice. But, the good news is that I finally took the plunge and agreed to let a few go. Yes, I am a timeshare pack rat and a full fledged member of the timeshare addicts club.

Pat H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brigantine
Repeat after me:

Step 1 - Admitted we were powerless over timesharing and our timeshare buying had become unmanageable!

AmyL4408

Reaction score
Its Contagious!

I only own one, Marriott Grande Vista....

But ever since I found TUG one week ago, I've been feeling like I need to buy another!!!

I've looked at Starwood, I've looked at DVC, I've looked at ebay..... The only reason I haven't bought is I don't want to spend $15000 at this moment.

I really have enjoyed my whole timeshare experience, so does that mean that owning more will make it more enjoyable?? :D

My timeshare simile:
One beer is good, Two beers are good..... And some point you are going to puke and it is no longer good!

Amy

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
2 eBay Timeshares + 1 Resale Broker Timeshare

AmyL4408 said:
The only reason I haven't bought is I don't want to spend $15000 at this moment.
I couldn't ever get myself to hold still for spending $15,000 on a timeshare purchase.

We bought 2 timeshares off eBay -- 1 for $1,925 (2003) & another for $152.50 (2005).

Our other timeshare we bought from a ReMax timeshare broker for $750.

(When you look up cheap in the dictionary, you're apt to find our picture there.)

We need another timeshare now like a rooster needs knee sox.

That doesn't keep us from looking at timeshares on eBay, etc.

Just because we've already ordered doesn't mean we have to stop looking at the menu.

Barbara

TUG Member
Reaction score
AwayWeGo said:
I couldn't ever get myself to hold still for spending $15,000 on a timeshare purchase.
That doesn't keep us from looking at timeshares on eBay, etc.
Just because we've already ordered doesn't mean we have to stop looking at the menu.

I agree completely. Recently I was "browsing" ebay and happened to come across one for the exact same resort we already own, in the exact same unit we already own, for the week just prior to the one we own. I couldn't believe it, if we got it we would have 2 back to back weeks in the same great unit at a very popular time. We love going to that timeshare the best out of the several that we own and thought it was a miracle, especially considering I do not browse ebay often. Mind you we were not looking or wanting to buy another timeshare but could not pass this little gem up.
Needless to say, we won the bid, in spite of several bidders and now are in escrow. :D
Sometimes it works out that you just "gotta" buy it! :) :) :)

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Barbara said:
... Recently I was "browsing" ebay and happened to come across one for the exact same resort we already own, in the exact same unit we already own, for the week just prior to the one we own. I couldn't believe it, if we got it we would have 2 back to back weeks in the same great unit at a very popular time. ...

Wow, that's amazing! 12 step programs say to trust a "higher power," but maybe the "higher power" doesn't want you to stop buying timeshares! :)

As for my addiction, I'm up to six timeshares. And no, I can't use that many.

cindi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Barbara said:
I agree completely. Recently I was "browsing" ebay and happened to come across one for the exact same resort we already own, in the exact same unit we already own, for the week just prior to the one we own. I couldn't believe it, if we got it we would have 2 back to back weeks in the same great unit at a very popular time. We love going to that timeshare the best out of the several that we own and thought it was a miracle, especially considering I do not browse ebay often. Mind you we were not looking or wanting to buy another timeshare but could not pass this little gem up.
Needless to say, we won the bid, in spite of several bidders and now are in escrow. :D

:)

So obviously it was fate! ;)

Would you like to share with us which one you bought and now have back to back weeks with?

I am trying hard to NOT even look, as I already have too many myself. I am living vicariously through others right now. :D

Barbara

TUG Member
Reaction score
cindi said:
So obviously it was fate! ;)

Would you like to share with us which one you bought and now have back to back weeks with?
:D

Let me just say... Oceanview in South Florida during February. :cool:
If I found another week to back up to the other side of my original I would buy it in a heartbeat! That one would not only be a gem it would be a Hope Diamond.
OK, I am Addicted! ;)

EileenSRN

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok, how are we defining addiction? By the number of weeks only? By the number of weeks potentially? By the number of different resorts?
Resort 1 - week 8 - 2 2 bedroom units - 1 week or 2?
Resort 2 - EOY Float 2 bedroom L/O - 1 week or 2?
Resort 3 - week 15/16 - 3 bedroom - 1 week or 2?
Resort 4 - week 30 -just a little 'ole studio

There are 2 on ebay now my fingers are twitching over. And how do we count points?
My husband has decided we should bend in that direction now....

Barbara - Congrats on that unbelievable find!

DianeH

TUG Member
Reaction score
OK I must admit I am feeling the 'bug' again too. But I need some tug-help.

What is 'esnipe'?

If I could pick up a week for under $500, I'd be a happy camper, oh I mean boater, too. Mind you, we still camp so I guess camper still applies! :)

Regardless, I am looking for a dream week of under $500 to buy, and under $300 for mf. :eek: I doubt it exists.

Diane

BevL

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Esnipe allows you to preplace a bid on ebay, set it to bid a few seconds before the auction closes and forget it. That way, you're not emotionally invested, you just set your highest price and DON'T WATCH the auction.

Houseboat timeshares have hefty Maintenance Fees, about $700 CDN a year. But considering it costs upwards of 2K to rent one, we feel it's worth it.

Bev

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
For Folks Who Don't Care To Snipe In Manually

DianeH said:
What is 'esnipe'?
If you don't like to do your own last-second eBay bidding in real time, you can get some web-based software to do it for you.

That's eSnipe.

eSnipe is not alone in the field. If you go to Google & search for automatic eBay snipe service you will see a long list of eSnipe competitors.