• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I need help

Spadje

Reaction score
My wife and I bought a timeshare from Westgate Lakes. We have a set week and it is a good one but we have NEVER been able to use it. It is the week of the Daytona 500. We are still paying on this unit (roughly 4k left) and we do not want it anymore. If I could just give it to someone I would and if that is a possibility please let me know how. We are about to lose our home and we need to cut costs ASAP. If there is anything we can do to get rid of this please let me know. Like I stated, I don't want anything for it we just want to get rid of it.

Thanks,
Spadje

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
It is unlikely that you will be able to even give it away if it is not paid for. Timeshares today are generally worth 0 to 10% of their cost. Their only value is in their use.

Sorry for the reality check, but that's the way it is. You might be able to list it in a NASCAR centered publication because of the fixed week, but that's your only- and a long- shot.

Bankruptcy will relieve you of it if you are headed that way.

Jim

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Race week is a good week to own for the rental income...Its not my game but I would think you could pay this off in 3 or 4 years with the rent...then sell it

and if the loan was assumable you you could probably sell it today....

Id try to find out who holds your note and try to work a deal with them...

or try to sell it as a lease/purchase, A new owner would pay you monthly payments and you pay the note

bluzin1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Daytona 500

If this were in Daytona you may be able to market for the Daytona 500.
This resort is 1.25 hours away and the real race fans want the Wednesday to Monday dates, most timeshares go Sat - Sat or Sun - Sun..if your dates are flexible you have a better chance...

I do not see your timeshare more marletable based on the Daytona 500.
Blues...
Whole owner and points owner at Ocean Walk Resort
Daytona Beach