• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

i need answer and understanding about westgate in the smokies

STEVENCHADG

Reaction score
ok i went to the smokies and tour the westgate smoky mt. at gatlinburg and purchsed a value season /float week timeshare plan its for 2 mounths the 2 mounths are jan. and march. so i was told by the slick salesman that i could come anytime in january or march free but if i wonted to stay any outher time they will be a fee around 52. dollors a night ? does that sound right ??? ok now sec q? we paid for it in full for 9,881.42 for a 1 bedroom deluxe cabin it has the whrilpool and fireplace full kitchen sleeps 4 comfortable but if need to can hold 6 i also opted for the vip package which was i get a free breakfest during my stay and free waterpark admissin ,free spa treatment. unlimted tokins for the video games and discount tickest and shuttle service to anyshow so did i get rip offf ???? did i overpaid ???? i liek to have some answer to this question's

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
i was told by the slick salesman that i could come anytime in january or march free

Not for free. You pay the annual maintenance fee.

but if i wonted to stay any outher time they will be a fee around 52. dollors a night ? does that sound right ???

No, it doesn't sound right.

did i get rip offf ???? did i overpaid ????

Yes, you overpaid. You can rescind (cancel) your purchase if it's not too late. The rescission period is usually 5-10 days, look in your contract.

Rob&Carol Q

Reaction score
RESCIND!!!!!! And follow the steps in your contract "EXACTLY" Phone calls and emails do not rescind contracts. And don't let them pass you off to another salesman or assistant whose job it is to stall you till the rescission period expires.

No rush to buy a Time Share. Just to punish yourself a bit, go to eBay and do a search for the exact TS you purchased. I'm guessing you will find the prices rather astounding. In today's economy, nobody expect those prices to rise anytime soon.

Seriously, wander this site and read. Especially the Westgate sections. It's the best way to fit yourself with the psychic armor necessary to survive a presentation from the Weasels.

Of course, I'm assuming this is a legitimate post too... :shrug:

STEVENCHADG

Reaction score
update to the first post i made

i call the companey and got someone that broke it down to expline to me in details of what i got.ok i did not hear it right the first time ok the 52 dollors was supposed to be $520 mantiance fees .every outher year or every odd years ok then at the end of 2 yrs of the signing date i have to renew my contract with interval gold package and.the ice platinum rewards contract? now can someone help me understand if i need.to keep the interval gold package and the ice platinum rewards toor drop it both of them.??????? so after some time its like this if i decide to go somewhere eles beside my home base at westgate smoky mt i can use ice rewards or interval gold to go to outher places dearing my weeks allowed me to use so i am looking forward ot your responces u have been a big help

Last edited:

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Rescind - Cancel - Do it NOW

i call the companey and got someone that broke it down to expline to me in details of what i got.ok i did not hear it right the first time ok the 52 dollors was supposed to be $520 mantiance fees .every outher year or every odd years ok then at the end of 2 yrs of the signing date i have to renew my contract with interval gold package and.the ice platinum rewards contract? now can someone help me understand if i need.to keep the interval gold package and the ice platinum rewards toor drop it both of them.??????? so after some time its like this if i decide to go somewhere eles beside my home base at westgate smoky mt i can use ice rewards or interval gold to go to outher places dearing my weeks allowed me to use so i am looking forward ot your responces u have been a big help

If you are buying from the developer directly you are paying at least 80% TOO MUCH! RESCIND immediately! Do not wait. Do not call them. Follow the directions to rescind (cancel) exactly & do it with 5-7 days of when you signed. DO NOT WAIT - DO IT NOW!

Westgate is one of THE worst groups in all of timeshare and you are paying way too much for way too little. There are great ways to get into timesharing for very little and get ALL THE BENEFITS THEY SOLD YOU ON - for a few hundred dollars at the most in purchase cost. PLEASE cancel your purchase and only then come back & we can help you get a true deal on a great ownership that will let you enjoy timesharing & do it extremely cheaply.

Now - go follow the rules to cancel right now!

djs

TUG Member
Reaction score
Recind ASAP. There are some out there (and quite possibly who have replied here) who think one could get a better deal from Satan himself as opposed to a Westgate salesperson.

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Rescinda-Sinda-Sinda.

i am looking forward ot your responces u have been a big help
Get out of it while you can.

Nothing the timeshare companies sell at full freight is worth the money -- & that goes for WestGate the same as all the others.

Buy timeshares resale. Save thousands of dollars on exactly the same thing, or the equivalent, or something even better.

Full Disclosure: We have not stayed at WestGate Smokey Mountain Resort, but we did take the timeshare sales tour there 1 time (just for the freebies) when we were staying on points exchange at another local timeshare (Gatlinburg Town Center). We did not buy anything -- just collected our freebies & went on our way. We saw the nice indoor waterpark at WestGate Smokey Mountain Resort -- looks like fun, specially for kids. I will never forget the look of abject astonishment on the face of the rookie timeshare seller on our case when I leaned close in a discreet manner & confided to him that There Is No Such Thing As A New Timeshare -- all timeshares are used-used-used, because by the time you show up & check in other people will previously been staying right there in your unit. That's used-used-used any way you shake it.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

Last edited:

STEVENCHADG

Reaction score
what if u get a timeshare with a deed?

ok as i said before i pay around 7 grand for mine i got a deed with it ? is that a good thing ? couldnt i just sell my allocated 12 weeks like a renter would and make money off of it lets say if its the 4th of july and 10 differnt famileys wont a single place to i can sell my weeeks to each one of them so they can stay in 10 differnt cabins for the same week of 4th july and make money off of it ? according to the contract and what i sign i could do that as long they got space for them. so is this how u make u money by getting after it and advertasing as much as i can one last thought i got a the ice program i can use my time or weeks to take a cruise to in the contract it states i can use this as i do for my home place which is my cabin so i can cruise to as i do my cabin and make money to ?

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Steven -

I have merged your latest post with your original thread. Keeping all of your posts on this topic in one place makes it easer for responders to understand the total picture. Please start a new topic only if it relates to something other than what to do with the purchase you have made.

Dave M
BBS Moderator

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Related to your latest questions -

Yes, a deed is a good thing. It proves you have actual ownership of those weeks, just like the title to your car or title to your home (if you own your own home).

As for trying to rent your weeks, I think you will be very disappointed. Salespeople often hype the potential for making money by renting the weeks you have. It's pretty clear that, no matter what you were told, the only weeks you will be able to readily rent are those January and March weeks that you purchased. And that's a lousy time for trying to rent those weeks, because vacationers want to go there in the summer. Similarly, I believe that when you try to find "available weeks for the summer at your resort, they will have already been taken by the people who bought in that summer season.

As for using your weeks to take a cruise, you’ll have to find out the exact details, but most people here who have purchased the ICE program have been very disappointed in the cruise potential. To find out the details, go through the motions of trying to book a cruise without actually making that final “here is my credit card” step.

Unfortunately for you, you have receive some excellent advice and legitimate concerns about your purchase in the responses to tour earlier posts.

timeos2

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
One and only one critical question

ok as i said before i pay around 7 grand for mine i got a deed with it ? is that a good thing ? couldnt i just sell my allocated 12 weeks like a renter would and make money off of it lets say if its the 4th of july and 10 differnt famileys wont a single place to i can sell my weeeks to each one of them so they can stay in 10 differnt cabins for the same week of 4th july and make money off of it ? according to the contract and what i sign i could do that as long they got space for them. so is this how u make u money by getting after it and advertasing as much as i can one last thought i got a the ice program i can use my time or weeks to take a cruise to in the contract it states i can use this as i do for my home place which is my cabin so i can cruise to as i do my cabin and make money to ?

First all those things could apply to your overpriced retail purchase OR the low cost resale. Exactly the same use/trade/rent options. Why pay 60%+ too much for the exact same thing???

I get the feeling you are past your rescind period and trying to justify paying too much. If so - say It and we'll all try to help you maximize what you now own.

If you can still rescind (thats only for 7-10 days AT MOST) DO IT NOW!!!! DO NOT WAIT & keep asking questions as once that magic date goes by you own it & your 60%+ needlessly gone forever! Are you in the rescind period or not? That is the only thing that matters right now.

Answer is:

I am within my rescind period.

I am past the date to rescind.

Which is it?

RedDogSD

TUG Member
Reaction score
I hope this gentleman rescinded, but based upon his questions, I don't think he will. He just seemed to either find out things about his purchase that he did not understand, or he was just pulling our leg. Since he never directly responded to any posts, but instead just asked new questions, I am starting to think it was the latter.

deedman

Reaction score
be polite or dont post here - Admin

Last edited by a moderator:

STEVENCHADG

Reaction score
ok i hear u

deleted rude commentsQUOTE]

i thought it would last 1 hr but after 2 hrs i said hey give in a writtin legal notice i can have everything i am paying for back in 30 day guarantee the salesman dint like he said i had 10 days i respond by saying the mail sytem itslef wont let me have in that time so after stalling he got his manager to put it in writing i got untill 8-01-2010 to send everything back and get my money back since i was paying in full ok so i am here to complety understand everything in my contract and its little smalll writing details what i should have done at the time was hired a real estate lawer to go over everything then do what he told me to but at that time i dint so thats my history and this sight and some outhers i have come across has help me understand more clearer what i bought ya the ice program was added on by a fee of 300 after they said it was free and the intervel gold package was also added on for 300 to so ya i got screw out of 600 but at the moment of time i thought of a chance to pursched something make a sec income off of it so thats why i came here to see what pepole opiouns are and if they got any pointers so far with a westgate deeded timeshre its been a 60 to 40 percent differance 60 percent hate it 40 percent love it i went the easy way possable for my purchesd which i thought everyone got the most use out of 1 bedroom deluxe cabin [[[which means a full kitchen a 2sec fulll bathroom and a jacuzzi and a fireplace with gas logs and a washer and dryer i figure at the time that will sleep 4 comfertable and 6 tight most americans family range from 2 to 4 kids plus u can also use the 4/3 split 4days 3nights as a valentaines day retreat to plus our schoole system aea week is in march so thats the outher reason why. so i hope this clears everthing up

Last edited by a moderator:

aliikai2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
To be brutally honest

You came here and asked for some opinions from those that understand Timeshares, and you appear to have ignored us.

I hope the 7K isn't important to you as you just flushed it down the crapper.

Your purchase has a resale value of about $1.00.

The idea of making money renting this resort is way off base.

We do rent several hundred units per year, all during prime demand season and in Prime Demand areas, and your resort isn't one that we have every had a request.

I wish you the best,

Greg

yes i am real but i was in a hurry i thought it would last 1 hr but after 2 hrs i said hey give in a writtin legal notice i can have everything i am paying for back in 30 day guarantee the salesman dint like he said i had 10 days i respond by saying the mail sytem itslef wont let me have in that time so after stalling he got his manager to put it in writing i got untill 8-01-2010 to send everything back and get my money back since i was paying in full ok so i am here to complety understand everything in my contract and its little smalll writing details excuse the fuc* out of me if i sound dumb i dint go to collage to do real estate or a be a mortgage broker what i should have done at the time was hired a real estate lawer to go over everything then do what he told me to but at that time i dint so thats my history and this sight and some outhers i have come across has help me understand more clearer what i bought ya the ice program was added on by a fee of 300 after they said it was free and the intervel gold package was also added on for 300 to so ya i got screw out of 600 but at the moment of time i thought of a chance to pursched something make a sec income off of it so thats why i came here to see what pepole opiouns are and if they got any pointers so far with a westgate deeded timeshre its been a 60 to 40 percent differance 60 percent hate it 40 percent love it i went the easy way possable for my purchesd which i thought everyone got the most use out of 1 bedroom deluxe cabin [[[which means a full kitchen a 2sec fulll bathroom and a jacuzzi and a fireplace with gas logs and a washer and dryer i figure at the time that will sleep 4 comfertable and 6 tight most americans family range from 2 to 4 kids plus u can also use the 4/3 split 4days 3nights as a valentaines day retreat to plus our schoole system aea week is in march so thats the outher reason why. so i hope this clears everthing up

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Cleaned up a bit of rudeness in this thread...glad you were able to cancel in time.

Rob&Carol Q

Reaction score
OK...how 'bout I just not go to this thread anymore...

as far as I'm concerned, yer on yer own STEVENCHADG... :ignore:

glypnirsgirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Chad!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wyndham-Smoky-M...md=ViewItem&pt=Timeshares&hash=item3f00f1bc23

Hi Chad - I am including a link to an on-going auction on ebay where someone is paying all of the expenses to get out from under one of these timeshares. It is the reason that everyone here is unanimous in recommending rescission. Don't pay THOUSANDS of dollars for something that you can buy for $10. It just does not make any sense to do so.

No one wants you to be taken advantage of.

elaine

STEVENCHADG

Reaction score
thank you for posting that

ok i am not on any points thats just a rip off its like snake oil to me i went the a deed timeshare which i do have in my possien that is legal by the state i bought it in not some outher state so far i have research everything and investagate everything i know of the westgate corporation yes they have a bad past and shady history but all bisness has something wroung with them heck gm motor comapney went bankrup so i did so time before i got this one seen the plues and negitves i have recend my ice program whic i got and getting my money from them cos interval gold package does the same thing as they do and i like what interval got to offer so now its just up to me to start posting flyers and handling the go between postion heck i done save me 1000 dollors already but having what i got i book a cruise 4 day three night to cozumal from mobil al at 550 for 2 pepole i am looking forward to that now now i am curioues why timeos2 or jhon chase hates westgate with a passion i like to know what time share they use and happy with and what would they suggest to use or purchsed

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree. No one's spelling and grammar is THAT bad, unless on purpose.

djs

TUG Member
Reaction score
Come on......really don't want to be rude, but this cannot be real. There is just way too much stereotypical behavior here. Someone is having fun with us, pulling our legs.

Seriously dude, how can you even say that? I couldn't even get through more than 2 lines w/o just giving up....and I have more patience than 99.99% of the population. I'm betting you didn't even give that guy a chance. :D :D :D

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
In summary:

1) You cannot believe most of what the sales person told you.

2) Buying from the developer is a rip-off - you can buy the same thing for $1 on ebay.

3) You are not going to be able to rent this for a profit.

4) Owning a timeshare is not a money maker.

5) If you can still rescind, you absolutely should.

Last edited: