• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I just bought a week 30 2BR lockout at VV in the Berkshires for $1!!!

mamiecarter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Really had my doubts about buying another timeshare but this EBay deal was to good to pass up. Week 30, 2br lockout, lets you have pets, Gold Crown, for $1 plus usual transfer fees. I still do not believe it. Anyone else getting crazy mad good deals on EBay lately?????:banana:

falmouth3

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't understand. If you're happy about it, why did you give yourself a thumbs down?

I have been sorely tempted by some of these deals, but it appears that my sale of my Orlando week has fallen through so I have more than I can use already.

Sue

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I thought you were selling your timeshares and cocooning?

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I'll admit to being tempted, but then I think, "No matter how good a deal it is, even if it was free, do I really want another puppy to deal with?" There is something to be said for Henry David Theroux's exhoration to "Simplify."

falmouth3

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've been looking at Sedona. There is a Villas of Sedona, eoy odd, with no closing fees and no bids at $1. I already own an eoy odd so if this was even, I might be tempted...:ignore:

linsj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
That beats my $3 Kauai Beach Villas EOY purchase!

walumb01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bought a floating 2 bdrm Desert Breezes in Palm Springs for a buck. I am excited to get it but I am a little sketchy on the seller/closer. It is about a thousand bucks with the 2009 maintenance and closing fees. I am hoping it goes smoothly. If all goes as planned I think it is a score.... My luck has been good so far with the ebay/online purchases so hopefully this is no different.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
mamiecarter, I thought you were worried about timeshare investments in the economy. :D I guess you couldn't pass up a great bargain.

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Mamie, especially if you will use it and can bring your pets rather than board them, that is a great deal.

mamiecarter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah, It wasn't the time to buy but.....

I really like the resort, it is a short drive from NJ and they take pets. I have only rarely seen this resort on EBay and good summer weeks always went for several thousands.

Met all my criteria so for $1 I couldn't resist. May be I will regret it later but... So I should list a few weeks I don't want on TUGS Bargain basement.

Anyone else doing this since the EBay deals are currently so good? Tell me I am not totally nuts.

Last edited:

Toughbeat

TUG Member
Reaction score
I really like the resort, it is a short drive from NJ and they take pets. I have only rarely seen this resort on EBay and good summer weeks always went for several thousands.

Met all my criteria so for $1 I couldn't resist. May be I will regret it later but... So I should list a few weeks I don't want on TUGS Bargain basement.

Anyone else doing this since the EBay deals are currently so good? Tell me I am not totally nuts.

NUTS? well, if you are, then so am I! I bought a 2br/2ba at Summer Bay Resort in Orlando for $1.50...now I'm mad because I paid 50% more than you did...oh well, I'll try and get over it.:p

Good thing is, you got the type of resort, location, and week you wanted...so...go ahead and pat yourself on the back!

AKE

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
The purchase prices are great BUT its the maintenance, the special assessments, etc etc will make a timeshare purchase less desirable as time goes on. On top of that there are the exchange fees if you want to go elsewhere, etc. and these have been increasing on a regular basis (isn't RCI now over $200 for a Caribbean exchange?) Don't get me wrong - I have owned timeshare since 1990 and have had great vacations but lately I have been noticing that as long as I am willing to wait until a month or two out, I can get rentals for less than my maintenance fees and this has been the case for the last 5 or so years anyhow. I dont regreat buying when I did but if I was to do it over again, I would probably rent -:) .

Jbart74

TUG Member
Reaction score
The purchase prices are great BUT its the maintenance, the special assessments, etc etc will make a timeshare purchase less desirable as time goes on. On top of that there are the exchange fees if you want to go elsewhere, etc. and these have been increasing on a regular basis (isn't RCI now over $200 for a Caribbean exchange?) Don't get me wrong - I have owned timeshare since 1990 and have had great vacations but lately I have been noticing that as long as I am willing to wait until a month or two out, I can get rentals for less than my maintenance fees and this has been the case for the last 5 or so years anyhow. I dont regreat buying when I did but if I was to do it over again, I would probably rent -:) .

My most recent RCI exchange was $169, I think. That was about 3 months ago. I do agree that it does seem like renting from people like me and many others who own might be a better deal these days, especially 45 days out if you can do it.

ausman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Seems like the VV thread is going on a different tangent.

The domestic RCI exchange fee is $164, not sure what the international fee is now, $199 perhaps, or thereabouts.

With timeshareing I think we all do what works for for us individually. AKE if renting within 45 days works then keep doing it.

It doesn't work for me, except for HI, so I'll keep on doing what works for me, as you should for you.

MaryH

TUG Member
Reaction score
For RCI, Mexico was classified as international so $199 and Hawaii was $164. II exchange fee is slightly lower but all have gone up a bit.