• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I.I. Latest Travel Date inconsistencies...

thickey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been using Interval International for several years now, and have a pet peeve regarding their use of Latest Travel Date.

I posted the following in their "Interval Ideas" forum.
If you agree with my thoughts, please go out and "vote" for my complaint, which will supposedly give it more credibility, and perhaps get I.I.'s attention...
Intervalworld.com / Community / Interval Ideas. http://community.intervalworld.com/knk0p00v00aidea

"When searching for available Getaways and Exchanges, the "Latest Travel Date" requirement has some serious inconsistencies.

First of all, what does that mean? Is it the last possible check-IN date or check-OUT date? Since we are dealing ONLY with single, whole-week availability here, the system should only require check-IN dates/ranges.

Once you have entered an "Earliest Travel Date" into the search field, and begin to enter the "Latest Travel Date", the system forces you to enter a date at least one week after the Earliest Travel Date, everything in-between is blanked out. It appears that the system is treating this as a check-OUT date. Otherwise, why wouldn't the very next day be available as a potential check-in date?

Once you enter the Latest Travel Date, the system returns check-IN results up to and including the Latest Travel Date!

For example: If you want to check-in somewhere only on January 1st or 2nd, once you enter January 1st as your Earliest Travel Date, you MUST choose a Latest Travel Date of January 8th or later, which will also be included in the check-in date results.

Basically, whatever check-in you might be restricted to, you must enter, view, and ignore an additional week's worth of results.

Except for Shortstays, Interval's search system should only require the check-in date(s), as any other required dates are misleading and confusing!"

Last edited:

jlp879

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
This has always been a pet peeve of mine in II. With the current search parameters, one can't search for just one week because the latest check-in date being 7 days later, counts as the beginning of a new week in terms of what results it will pull in.

So when I've wanted to just search week 7 for example, I come up with results that also include week 8. One of II's annoying limitations.

I went ahead and clicked on the "like" up arrow. Thank you for bringing it up.

bobpark56

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Aventuras, Marriott Grande Vista, Sandos Caracol, Festiva, Diamond Resorts (Hawaii Collection)
My pet peeve...unless someone has an answer

My pet peeve, unless someone has an answer, is that I.I. will not let us have more than one ongoing search at a time for a single deposit. All our requests must be piled into a single search. I have had several occasions where I would like to request a 1BR unit at some resorts, but a 2BR unit at others. I.I. will not let us do this, as far as I know.

thickey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes!

and another peeve... that all on-going searches "default" to Thursday check-ins. If we want a Thursday check-in, we'll enter the dates accordingly!
I think we can handle that.

The problem with this is that there is no way we can change it, we must still call II to have them change to the check-in dates that we want. You would think it would be in their own best interests to correct this issue, too.

don't get me started... LOL!

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I always get around this by entering an Earliest Travel Date of Wednesday and the Latest Travel Date of the following Wednesday. This will then only find units with checkin dates of the weekend in between. This works since most resorts have checkin dates of Fri, Sat, and Sun. Though it also works with properties that also have checkin dates of Thur and Mon. Very few resorts have checkin dates of Tues or Wed.

This makes is a little easier when searching online for a specific weekend checkin and it won't pull dates from the weekend before or after. It doesn't help with OGSs, those you still have to call if you want to limit to a specific checkin date. I think II wants to limit how restrictive you can make a search. Searches for specific checkin dates are obviously harder to match than one for a specific checkin date.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
I have been using Interval International for several years now, and have a pet peeve regarding their use of Latest Travel Date.

I posted the following in their "Interval Ideas" forum.
If you agree with my thoughts, please go out and "vote" for my complaint, which will supposedly give it more credibility, and perhaps get I.I.'s attention...
Intervalworld.com / Community / Interval Ideas. http://community.intervalworld.com/knk0p00v00aidea

"When searching for available Getaways and Exchanges, the "Latest Travel Date" requirement has some serious inconsistencies.

First of all, what does that mean? Is it the last possible check-IN date or check-OUT date? Since we are dealing ONLY with single, whole-week availability here, the system should only require check-IN dates/ranges.

Once you have entered an "Earliest Travel Date" into the search field, and begin to enter the "Latest Travel Date", the system forces you to enter a date at least one week after the Earliest Travel Date, everything in-between is blanked out. It appears that the system is treating this as a check-OUT date. Otherwise, why wouldn't the very next day be available as a potential check-in date?

Once you enter the Latest Travel Date, the system returns check-IN results up to and including the Latest Travel Date!

For example: If you want to check-in somewhere only on January 1st or 2nd, once you enter January 1st as your Earliest Travel Date, you MUST choose a Latest Travel Date of January 8th or later, which will also be included in the check-in date results.

Basically, whatever check-in you might be restricted to, you must enter, view, and ignore an additional week's worth of results.

Except for Shortstays, Interval's search system should only require the check-in date(s), as any other required dates are misleading and confusing!"

Voted for your idea.

Richard

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I read through the Interval Idea, I don't think it is correct that the Latest Travel Date is based on checkout date. I think the search feature is looking at checkin dates between the two dates.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
I voted it up too!
Very frustrating.

And now, for my biggest wish?
Saved searches.
PLEASE! :ignore:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I voted it up too!
Very frustrating.

And now, for my biggest wish?
Saved searches.
PLEASE! :ignore:

I think renaming the fields would go along way to remove confusion. They should just rename them to Earliest Checkin Date and Latest Checkin Date. It would help if it didn't require the last date to be 7 days after the first. Though I find if I am searching for specific checkin day, I just make that the Earliest Travel Date. Then at least I can see on the first page when is available for my checkin date without having to click the more dates link. The back dating to the prior Thursday only happens when you place an ongoing search.

happymum

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great idea, this has always been a frustration of mine. Adding my vote!

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Renaming would be fine, but it's actually the 7 day restriction that frustrates me too. Especially when trying to match back-to-back weeks without a gap in Hawaii and other places with any-day check-in.

thickey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I read through the Interval Idea, I don't think it is correct that the Latest Travel Date is based on checkout date. I think the search feature is looking at checkin dates between the two dates.

I do agree that ultimately the system is not treating the Latest Travel Date as a check-out date, at least when it displays the search results. However, it does almost appear to be check-out date "momentarily" when it forces your Latest Travel Date to be 7 days after the Earliest Travel Date. ???
I think that the fields should be renamed. Maybe "Earliest Check-in Date" and "Latest Check-In Date", as suggested earlier.
And... do away with blanking out the next 7 days. This makes no sense when we are dealing with only whole weeks.
To me, as a computer systems person, and what I understand about what we are trying to accomplish when using the online system for manual searches, it should ONLY require check-IN dates and date ranges.

Last edited:

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Actually, although it pains me to say it, a quick look at the RCI system shows you what the II system should look like (or at least resemble). Selfishly, I hope II keeps their system 'dumb' and simple for now. Keeps the good trades harder to find. :D