• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I have been trying to sell my two time shares in Mexico through a Marketing Blue Point

James Henneke

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Timeshare at Reef Regency Cozumel, Timeshare at Grand Mayan Resorts Playa del Carmen
For the past year I have had my timeshares on the market throught a private marketing company Blue Point Holdings. In February they finally found a buyer and assigned my account to a closing company called Continental Financial Enterprises. I signed an agreement with them and they began the closing process. Last week they asked for a bank account number and ABA number so the funds being held in a Mexican Bank (in escrow) could be released. I gave them that info and expected that the funds would be transfered to my account. Two days later I recieved an email stating that when CFE tried to have the money transfered they discovered that there are bank fees that have to be paid before the money in escrow can be released and wired to my account. The amount of fees is 9%, and amount to $2,137.00. They want me to send the $2,137.00 in order to get the $23,750.00 in escrow. Has anyone heard of a scam like this, or is it common to have to pay bank fees in order to gey money held in escrow?

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Yes its a scam, paying 9% fees for a simple transaction is unheard of. Cease all contact with these people, they are not working in your interest at all, they are trying to get more money from you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
you are absolutely being scammed...

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
There is no buyer. There is no money in escrow. No one is going to 'buy' ANY Mexican timeshare. There are hundreds of them on eBay for free. Mexican timeshares are simply 'Right to Use', there is no deed. It's a bag of hot air. Time to cut your losses, Jim. Walk away and tell the resort that you have sent them the last nickel you are going to. They might make some noise about turning you over to collection, but with no deed for collateral, they've got no case.

Sorry for the reality check, but there it is.

Jim

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Another obvious red flag: No one in their right mind would buy a Mexico timeshare on the resale market for $23,750. Most Mexican timeshares aren't even worth $1 on the resale market.

Since you say you have your timeshare on the market, you might consider the actual resale value when setting your asking price -- it is probably way less than you think. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...

Kurt

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
Absolutely a scam.

If you do a search on this BBS, you will find dozens if not hundreds of posts about Mexican timeshare scams. They all involve payment of refundable "escrow fees", "title searches", "appraisal fees", etc. What they have in common is a request that you give them money. After which they disappear, along with their "buyer".

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
we also have our fingers crossed that you have not paid an upfront fee to said "marketing company"!

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
For the past year I have had my timeshares on the market throught a private marketing company Blue Point Holdings. In February they finally found a buyer and assigned my account to a closing company called Continental Financial Enterprises. I signed an agreement with them and they began the closing process. Last week they asked for a bank account number and ABA number so the funds being held in a Mexican Bank (in escrow) could be released. I gave them that info and expected that the funds would be transfered to my account. Two days later I recieved an email stating that when CFE tried to have the money transfered they discovered that there are bank fees that have to be paid before the money in escrow can be released and wired to my account. The amount of fees is 9%, and amount to $2,137.00. They want me to send the $2,137.00 in order to get the $23,750.00 in escrow. Has anyone heard of a scam like this, or is it common to have to pay bank fees in order to gey money held in escrow?
It's a scam. They'll take your $2137 and you'll never see them again.

Make sure you go to your bank and transfer your money to a clean account. Word to the wise, Never give out your bank account number again.

Iggyearl

TUG Member
Reaction score
It must be a scam if their website has language like this:

"Efficiently, exceptional and well trained staff with accurate relationships. Enthusiastically and multidisciplinary partnerships through client-centered "outside the box" thinking. Assertively embracing leadership skills and alternative markets.

This is what defines Blue Point Holdings"

This is language off their "website" which claims they are a reseller of timeshare intervals. I bet you bought a vacation club package and "traded in" you timeshare. Now they want you to pay them to finish the transaction. Just google "Blue Point Holdings scam" and check the results. Sorry for your loss.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand caribe

What ever happened? Did you send the money and get your 23,000. I'm in the same predicament wondering what to do. Thanks Deseretdog

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand caribe
What happened in your case? Did you send the money and receive your funds. I'm in the same situation wondering what to do thanks. Desertdogyahoo2.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
The OP posted in April, and never came back again. Chances are that you sent your money outside the US, and it is just gone.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
What happened in your case? Did you send the money and receive your funds. I'm in the same situation wondering what to do thanks. Desertdogyahoo2.
Read my post #5. If you're in the same situation, the answer is the same.