• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I hate that the HGVC website is so poor

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Lagoon, W57th, MarBrisa, Paradise
I wouldn't tolerate it for any other business but I guess we're a captive audience... Trying to log in and shuffle my last day reservation and it just hangs.... Twenty minutes, nothing. What a waste of time.

giowop

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard
I wouldn't tolerate it for any other business but I guess we're a captive audience... Trying to log in and shuffle my last day reservation and it just hangs.... Twenty minutes, nothing. What a waste of time.

It’s a beautiful, powerful web site. Except when it’s not...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: RX8

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
It seems that we aren't alone, Marriott and Vistana websites are equally bad.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score

Some have this problem. For some it generally works, so this is not a widespread event.

Cheers.

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Last night was my first time trying to log in at exactly midnight to shuffle. Website could not complete the request for almost two hours and repeatedly logged me out due to gateway server timeout. I assume it was slow and sluggish for everyone. Is this the norm at midnight? If so it belies the very idea of shuffling right at the stroke of midnight, since in fact you can't log in to do the work.

ocdb8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is not unusual and is the norm for high demand weeks. Right now is timeline for Thanksgiving week so I'm not surprised. I had this same issue trying yesterday....gave up and came back an hour later and it was sorted (and thankfully there was still the inventory I needed).

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I just walked +shuffled two where there was plenty available with no issues.
I do think they should give us the option of declining a confirmation email.
As it is, my email gets interim changes for which I have no need.

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

Ha, compared to Marriott's, HGVC's is phenomenal!!

I couldn't book a reservation in MVC's website for months! At least HGVC"s system let's you do the following basics that you can't even do online with Marriott-

- cancel a reservation
- change an existing reservation
- add a guest to an existing reservation

And the HGVC app is at least functional!

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
As much as there is a lag on HGVC, it is way better than MVC. I do love Vistana.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
Yes. Seems like a common thread across timeshare companies. It amazes me how phone unfriendly the HGVC website is. The RCI (my points account and not just the HGVC portal) also leaves much to be desired. Yes, we are captive customers and unlike many businesses their sales have not moved to the web ... or at least not for developer purchases.

The RCI Points website is phone friendly, but is certainly buggy.

It seems that we aren't alone, Marriott and Vistana websites are equally bad.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Yes, we are captive customers and unlike many businesses their sales have not moved to the web ... or at least not for developer purchases.
I don't think they will ever really take sales online. It allows you to do too much research and avoids the impulse buy. They rely on the impulse buy and mostly uninformed buyers to sell timeshares too. Disney may have made a mistake with its decision regarding resale restrictions at Riviera Resort. By acknowledging a resale market, they opened a lot of people's eyes to potentially shop elsewhere for their points.

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This is not unusual and is the norm for high demand weeks. Right now is timeline for Thanksgiving week so I'm not surprised. I had this same issue trying yesterday....gave up and came back an hour later and it was sorted (and thankfully there was still the inventory I needed).
it’s hopeful to hear that it might have unusually high demand due to saturday arrival Thanksgiving week. i did get what I needed but would have been bummed if it had disappeared in the two hours I couldn’t access.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I wonder what you would think of the websites they used 7 years ago. There were 2 (yes 2!) to make reservations. This is far better so I cannot complain.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
I wonder what you would think of the websites they used 7 years ago. There were 2 (yes 2!) to make reservations. This is far better so I cannot complain.
Actually, I had far less problems making an online reservation with the old classic system (the older of the two back then) than I do using the current version. Yes, there are some nice features in the current gen, but when it comes to pure reservation functionality, I feel they have degraded over time.

Kurt

linsj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Actually, I had far less problems making an online reservation with the old classic system (the older of the two back then) than I do using the current version. Yes, there are some nice features in the current gen, but when it comes to pure reservation functionality, I feel they have degraded over time.

Kurt

I agree! Websites everywhere have gotten "prettier" and much less useful.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score

Kurt

Different experience. This is quite a bit easier for me to see availability and book than the prior site.

Cheers.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Different experience. This is quite a bit easier for me to see availability and book than the prior site.
I'll agree that the current gen is easier than the previous gen (the "Revolution" system) -- when it is working, but I thought the older "Classic" was by far the easiest. I loved that you could scan, on a single page, all of the Open Season availability across all resorts. Just try and do that with the current system.

Kurt

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'll agree that the current gen is easier than the previous gen (the "Revolution" system) -- when it is working, but I thought the older "Classic" was by far the easiest. I loved that you could scan, on a single page, all of the Open Season availability across all resorts. Just try and do that with the current system.

Kurt

Fair point. I always have a destination in mind when looking/booking, so I didn't even think about using such a feature. If one would use it then, yes, that is n advantage.

Cheers.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fair point. I always have a destination in mind when looking/booking, so I didn't even think about using such a feature. If one would use it then, yes, that is n advantage.
For example, you could search all of Florida (it included the affiliates) for Open Season availability with a quick scan. One destination -- I really didn't care which specific resort. Plus, that page would load up almost instantly. With each revision, it seems like it takes longer and longer just to load the reservation pages.

Kurt

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
For example, you could search all of Florida (it included the affiliates) for Open Season availability with a quick scan. One destination -- I really didn't care which specific resort. Plus, that page would load up almost instantly. With each revision, it seems like it takes longer and longer just to load the reservation pages.

Kurt

Yeah, I see now that Florida is in 3 sections. When we go to Florida, we're either visiting family or using DVC points at Disney. So I haven't looked here. But this is a very reasonable use for many folks and I do see the shortcomings here in that regard. It would be nice if, in addition to having it broken out like this (because it's convenient in many cases) they had check boxes for grouping in an as-desired manner. That would give ultimate flexibility...and take several iterations to work properly :)

Cheers,

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
There also was a time when the web was text based.
No pretty graphics.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I'm trying to help someone with their HGVC account, and we're on their online Acct., but their reservations are sorted in reverse order (oldest first), and when you click "2" or "next" it won't go to the next page?

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
@DeniseM
Just a heads up, this issue was reported in the other threads.

I got them to write up a ticket to IT about the sort order on the computer, specifically, the All Reservations view. The app version does not have the same issue, but then again the display is different and it is not a specific page, but rather a swipe.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I'm trying to help someone with their HGVC account, and we're on their online Acct., but their reservations are sorted in reverse order (oldest first), and when you click "2" or "next" it won't go to the next page?
I sent that issue in a week ago. Very frustrating.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
At least I know it isn't just me - thanks!