• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I HATE Interval International ......

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I also do not hate II, I was also very disappointed with II’s response.

Hate is a very strong word. IMO.

Last edited:

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
These examples are some good ones for why MVCI enrolled weeks are so much better for MVCI customers, at least when sticking to Marriott trades. Enrolled weeks that were exchanged get unlimited free retrades (up to expiration of the deposit). Going the cheap unenrolled resale weeks are costing in this case. I enjoy the flexibility though it does come with a cost. I had no issue with my traded weeks that I had to move out into the future. We're heavy II users and love it. But I do get the frustration anyone has with vacations being cancelled of course.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
These examples are some good ones for why MVCI enrolled weeks are so much better for MVCI customers, at least when sticking to Marriott trades. Enrolled weeks that were exchanged get unlimited free retrades (up to expiration of the deposit). Going the cheap unenrolled resale weeks are costing in this case. I enjoy the flexibility though it does come with a cost. I had no issue with my traded weeks that I had to move out into the future. We're heavy II users and love it. But I do get the frustration anyone has with vacations being cancelled of course.
I would agree. We took advantage of the retrades when this all started. Though we were still slightly outside the 59 day window. We were able to re-trade our California week somewhere else and the other week we had traded in to (Lakeshore Reserve), we were supposed to be checking in today. We re-traded it around and now are sitting on a Vistana Beach Club in mid June. We did have to take one of the No Fee ACs that II was offering for one of the exchanges along the way and I was unimpressed with the fact that the AC could not see any Marriott weeks. I contact the II TUG Members mailbox and Mark solve the issue to my satisfaction. We also scored a Labor Day week exchange in to Crystal Shores. I am okay with chance of hurricane since we would be driving and can again retrade if we need to.

tshd

Reaction score
Thanks Shankilicious for posting that!
I also think Hate is a strong word but if you are currently unemployed and are facing the loss of $$$$ on maintenance fees and feel disappointed by II's offering, I think one is entitled to be upset. I don't think it has to be either/or, you can be both thankful/hopeful and disappointed/upset and feeling the later as much or more than the former doesn't make you unreasonable, it just makes you human.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
Thanks Shankilicious for posting that!
I also think Hate is a strong word but if you are currently unemployed and are facing the loss of $$$$ on maintenance fees and feel disappointed by II's offering, I think one is entitled to be upset. I don't think it has to be either/or, you can be both thankful/hopeful and disappointed/upset and feeling the later as much or more than the former doesn't make you unreasonable, it just makes you human.
Truth. It's easy to hate or be angry at all the different facets of timeshare ownership and the exchanges when you're new. But it gets easier with time and energy in learning it.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark

elked12

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Aruba Surf Club
I would agree. We took advantage of the retrades when this all started. Though we were still slightly outside the 59 day window. We were able to re-trade our California week somewhere else and the other week we had traded in to (Lakeshore Reserve), we were supposed to be checking in today. We re-traded it around and now are sitting on a Vistana Beach Club in mid June. We did have to take one of the No Fee ACs that II was offering for one of the exchanges along the way and I was unimpressed with the fact that the AC could not see any Marriott weeks. I contact the II TUG Members mailbox and Mark solve the issue to my satisfaction. We also scored a Labor Day week exchange in to Crystal Shores. I am okay with chance of hurricane since we would be driving and can again retrade if we need to.

I’m booked at Crystal Shores for the Labor Day week as well. We’ll have to try and get together for a drink.

tshd

Reaction score
Truth. It's easy to hate or be angry at all the different facets of timeshare ownership and the exchanges when you're new. But it gets easier with time and energy in learning it.

This is true as well, but sometimes with the knowledge that is gained from experience, you are now fully aware of how they are messing with you! I don't gamble but I liken II to gambling because for me it is addictive, I know the house has the upper hand and when I score a "great" trade I feel like I've hit the jackpot and when I lose I curse the proprietor.:LOL:

GTLINZ

TUG Member
Reaction score
i have joined the "not happy with II" camp.

The AC listed before in this thread by me was a gift from II with a reservation fee which i listed in response to somebody's question about ACs.

I also got a replacement AC with no fee for a cancelled reservation in May of this year at Marriott Ocean Point in Palm beach shores. When it was first issued, it had no restriction for the palm beach area and it was good until the end of 2020. They extended it to a full year (May of 2021) but added the restriction of no palm beach area. Now the AC cannot pull what I originally had.

I will try the email earlier in the thread and update once I see what happens. I have not had any issues with II to this point.

Last edited:

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
To be upfront I like II. I'm not a fan of the AC restrictions but I guess if I was exchanging instead of using a free AC I would want the better inventory reserved for exchangers, especially those who are trying to use up a Corona virus cancelled week. I just used my cancelled week on a trade yesterday and was happy to see high quality inventory with that week (it's a vanilla replacement week). My AC for deposit expired unused (never again will I make a deposit to get an AC), but I did use one of the free AC's for a week in June. If we cannot go, I think that an AC extension until the end of the year is fair, since the terms before covid was "all sales are final". I think that there will be a mad scramble for high quality weeks for the next year or so because of all of the cancellations. I'm surprised that there's enough inventory to fulfill all of the demand.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised that there's enough inventory to fulfill all of the demand.

I am not so sure there will be. I suspect we'll start seeing a lot of posts saying II doesn't let me trade, no choices, limited inventory, etc. instead of the current round of complaints. Same for some of the non II inventory as well.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
I am not so sure there will be. I suspect we'll start seeing a lot of posts saying II doesn't let me trade, no choices, limited inventory, etc. instead of the current round of complaints. Same for some of the non II inventory as well.
Yeah, in gonna try and book something on a higher demand date now.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah, in gonna try and book something on a higher demand date now.

It may be way too soon to see the full impact as so many are not planning on any travel for quite some time. But once they are starting....

GTLINZ

TUG Member
Reaction score
i have joined the "not happy with II" camp.
I will try the email earlier in the thread and update once I see what happens. I have not had any issues with II to this point.

Well Mark has already called me back and resolved the issue. He cancelled my AC and issued me another one which will be able to use to book the same resort which I originally booked.

Now THAT WAS CUSTOMER SERVICE !

sfwilshire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
If you think you hate II, it is only because you haven’t had experience with RCI
I know that was probably a tongue in cheek comment, but I've had years of "practice" with both II and RCI and am a lot closer to "hating" II than RCI. I stopped years ago giving II any of my dual affiliated weeks, but I have one lone holdout that's II only. I use it a lot of years, but it's the one thing that keeps me in II at all. I will admit that I have gotten along with them a little better since I started signing up for eplus trades.

Sheila

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
My biggest complaint about II is that you can't see what's available for your points until you deposit them.
My biggest complaint about RCI is that you can't see what's available for your bonus weeks and RCIs pictures are mostly outdated. Making IIs resorts seem of a higher average quality.
However, RCI does not have requirements resorts need to meet to gain a higher rating. Which means resorts can and I'm sure do just pay to get their gold crown status....

Gotoneinthehopper

TUG Member
Reaction score
Interval sold me a getaway week to a resort that is closed. My checkin date is June 7. I called the resort an hour after purchase and theY told me that they will not reopen until June 11 (maybe, but likely not).

Interval can only offer me a credit for a future getaway. They sold me an invalid getaway and I’m supposed to lend them money or loose it after a year.

Btw, I checked today (May 27, 2020) and II is still selling these invalid weeks. And of course offering credit for unsuspecting buyers.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
Interval sold me a getaway week to a resort that is closed. My checkin date is June 7. I called the resort an hour after purchase and theY told me that they will not reopen until June 11 (maybe, but likely not).

Interval can only offer me a credit for a future getaway. They sold me an invalid getaway and I’m supposed to lend them money or loose it after a year.

Btw, I checked today (May 27, 2020) and II is still selling these invalid weeks. And of course offering credit for unsuspecting buyers.
Did you purchase the getaway online or did you call and one of their reps booked it for you?
If you booked it, I think it's on you to check the resort status before booking in this current situation.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA

What resort is it? I suggest contacting the II TUG Members Mailbox. I suspect the resort has not communicated their closure status with II. II has thousands of resorts and keeping up with them all is a big effort especially if they don't tell II that they are closed.

vol_90

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Phuket Beach Club, Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Canyon Villas, Desert Springs Villas II, Abound & Asia Pacific Points
I LOVE INTERVAL INTERNATIONAL...…. Just completed 2 weeks on Accomodation Certificates at the Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club (checked in March 24th and counting):

2 Bedroom May 16th - 23rd Accomodation Certificate $239.31 + $126.84 Resort fee (tax)
1 Bedroom May 23rd - 30th Accomodation Certificate $312.46 + $84.56 Resort fee (tax)

Likely never see this again.

Thank you Interval!

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I LOVE INTERVAL INTERNATIONAL...…. Just completed 2 weeks on Accomodation Certificates at the Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club (checked in March 24th and counting):

2 Bedroom May 16th - 23rd Accomodation Certificate $239.31 + $126.84 Resort fee (tax)
1 Bedroom May 23rd - 30th Accomodation Certificate $312.46 + $84.56 Resort fee (tax)

Thank you Interval!
I would agree. Though these are because of the current situation and as you say, we likely won't see this again. We scored an AC in to Oceana Palms for $239 + Tax. That was a freebie AC. We have noticed the number of areas available on the grid drop and the prices went up. Though we still used them to get two weeks in mid June at Grande Vista and Cypress Harbour for only $299 + tax (I think that tax is the FL state 12.5% occupancy tax on hotel stays). We have several more that will expire in September and may use them at some point, we may try to hit every Marriott timeshare in Orlando by year end. Though Lakeshore Reserve is one that is in short supply with those certificates.

There is such a glut of inventory and it is good to see II letting people book it even with these cheap ACs. They are still making money on something that they got for free.

tshd

Reaction score

Thank you Interval!
Right place, right time!!:cheer: Your situation is very far from the norm though. If I was using ACs to cover my rent, I would be pleased if there was a nice affordable resort I could get for about $400/week especially at the beach!! But most people use timeshares for vacations, so paying any amount of money just to sit in a room isn't that appealing. Might as well just sit safe at home and keep your money in the bank during these uncertain times.

BTW, would you still love them if they intentionally blocked Oahu on a replacement week you already prepaid that got cancelled when the resort closed, even if it wasn't blacked out on others' certificates? I am happy for you, but it doesn't mean that II is making a concerted effort toward great customer service.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn

Wow, 1 hour made a big difference. Too bad you hadn't called before you booked.