• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I guess no ACs for Manor Club this year

jmatias

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you call Interval to double check?

rsackett

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Harbour Point
I was very diapointed as well.

I had decided to keep my week and visit Manor Club in 2009 since the AC was what made trading attractive to me, BUt, when DVC decided to jump ship to RCI I went for one last DCV trade.

When that trade is over I may drop my II membership and Give SFX a try for a bonus week there.

Ray

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was very diapointed as well.

I had decided to keep my week and visit Manor Club in 2009 since the AC was what made trading attractive to me, BUt, when DVC decided to jump ship to RCI I went for one last DCV trade.

When that trade is over I may drop my II membership and Give SFX a try for a bonus week there.

Ray
when did dvc leave II ? i thought that was all rumor.

AMJ

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I wonder why Manor Club deposits didn't earn accommodation certificates when another II Williamsburg resort did. MC is such a lovely resort.

Joyce

wuv pooh

TUG Member
Reaction score
when did dvc leave II ? i thought that was all rumor.

They left on Dec. 31, 2008. As of Jan. 1, 2009 all trades are through RCI. It is not a rumor. RCI even gave them the same $95 charge. There are many threads on TUG and the Disboard about the changes.

pwrshift

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
This is the first year II hasn't offered AC's for Manor Club platinum weeks...so they don't get my deposits this year. Suspect the problem is hitting back at Marriott for putting together an expected internal exchange system.

Brian

AMJ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Brian,
At first I thought the same thing. As far as I know, all Marriott Hilton Head resorts got ACs for platinum week deposits. I don't understand why Manor Club summer weeks wouldn't earn the accommodation certificates while other Marriott weeks qualified for them.

Joyce

Last edited:

gmarine

TUG Member
Reaction score
It probably has to do with the supply/demand at MMC. Last year there were loads of MC units available all summer long which means an over supply in relation to demand.

aka Julie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shadow Ridge (platinum)
Brian,
At first I thought the same thing. As far as I known, all Marriott Hilton Head resorts got ACs for platinum week deposits. I don't understand why Manor Club summer weeks wouldn't earn the accommodation certificates while other Marriott weeks qualified for them.

Joyce

At one point I could have gotten AC for my Silver week in Hilton Head (Barony) which was for last week in March.

javabean

TUG Member
Reaction score
We also purchased MMC this year and hoped to receive an AC. It is very disappointing. AC were not offered for GV shortly after we purchased there a few years ago. Bummer. Joining the TS community and traveling has been great but we were really hoping for the AC benefit.

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
This is the first year II hasn't offered AC's for Manor Club platinum weeks...so they don't get my deposits this year. Suspect the problem is hitting back at Marriott for putting together an expected internal exchange system.

Brian

Obviously, something is going on, but what? Is it simply supply and demand - maybe not? You would think that getting people to deposit Marriotts into the sytem cannot be anything but good for II. Most non-Marriott owners would probably be "upgrading". Can II possibly have the summer units at MMC they need to fill requests? If so, there's the answer.

The resorts down the street which ARE getting AC's may not have the supply to fill their requests. But, couldn't that same request be filled with an MMC unit? You would think so. Chances of trading into a week 26 0r 27 MMC is all but impossible for a non-Marriott owner. Why wouldn't II offer MMC owners AC's for that deposit?

Maybe II wants the requestor to take another unit in lieu of Marriott. Maybe II gets a bigger chunk of the exchange fee pie by pushing you into another unit and away from Marriott. Is this what happened to Disney, they negotiated a bigger chunk of the pie with RCI? :shrug:

P.S. - Do the Marriott units in Vail get AC's for summertime deposits? It appears that the independent resorts do.

ramsfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
We did not get an AC for our Marriott Harbour Club summer Platinum week for the first time in 6 years.

jmatias

TUG Member
Reaction score
Interesting....something strange is going on.

I have an AC for my Harbor Pointe 2009 summer week.

Also, just last week I deposited my Summit Watch 1 bedroom and lock off unit for stay this April. I was very surprised the next day when I saw an AC in my account for the 1 bedroom deposit.

Jen

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
A very high number of Manor Club owners deposit their weeks, especially the studios on the MSE side.

I'm assuming that there were plenty of deposits.

I did request first this time and matched a prime summer Grande Ocean within two weeks. This tells me that the trading power is still where it needs to be. P.S. It wasn't even a July 4th week.

V

Vacation Dude

Perhaps they realized too many TUGers are taking advantage of MMC/MSE trades and getting A/Cs and wanted to clamp down.

Besides, I never seem to use the A/C when I get them.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
We did not get an AC for our Marriott Harbour Club summer Platinum week for the first time in 6 years.

For the 2009 or 2010 year? I received a AC for my summer 2009 week. No offer for my 2010 week (yet) - but I think that is more due to the usage week being too far out.

ramsfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
For my 2009 week.... we called several times asking if our week was eligible for a bonus and were told no. It was June 21st-June 28th, 2009. We finally deposited it this week to exchange.

dlpearson

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORN, SVV (Bella), MOC, MBP, 7MileBeach Club
P.S. - Do the Marriott units in Vail get AC's for summertime deposits? It appears that the independent resorts do.

Terry, I own a used-to-be-Marriott-but-is-no-longer-a-Marriott-Streamside-Vail-Cedar fixed week 26 (usually July 4th week, but this year is the week before July 4th). I haven't deposited it yet, but II is offering me an AC for it on their website if I do.

David

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Terry, I own a used-to-be-Marriott-but-is-no-longer-a-Marriott-Streamside-Vail-Cedar fixed week 26 (usually July 4th week, but this year is the week before July 4th). I haven't deposited it yet, but II is offering me an AC for it on their website if I do.

David

II has been offering AC's for many resorts including Christie Lodge. I was wondering if II is offering AC's for Marriott Streamside, or if II is doing the same there as in Williamsburg - not giving Marriott AC's.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
For my 2009 week.... we called several times asking if our week was eligible for a bonus and were told no. It was June 21st-June 28th, 2009. We finally deposited it this week to exchange.

Thats wierd. I got my bonus week when I deposited mine in Oct last year. I always get an bonus week for my deposit. I did it on-line.

AMJ

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would think that if Harbour Point summer weeks got an AC then Harbour Club platinum weeks would earn them as well since neither is located on the beach. I wonder what is happening.

Joyce

ramsfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
My Harbour Club platinum 2009 did get an AC after all!!!! My deposited week was redeemed this week and added to my exchange history. When I looked at my exchange history, there were some Accomodation Certificates cancelled. I called to II to see why there was a cancelled AC out there. The representative said we should have received one since we did a deposit first...and issued a certificate.

HISTORY: Several times from late August - December we had inquired to see if ACs were available for our Harbour Club summer week and were told NO. We put out a request on a request first basis. Later we cancelled that and decided to deposit our week. We deposited our week and within 10 days they matched our request. I then checked my Exchange History since my confirmed unit was now there. The rep said that because we did a Request First and then changed it to a Deposit First...she had to manually add the certificate which should have been done when we changed it from a Request First to a Deposit First. I am not sure why when we asked reps previously they said NO ACs were being given. The only explanation I can think of is in the short time that we changed from a Req First to a Deposit First (about 2 weeks) ACs must have been authorized OR we received bad info in the past.

Last edited: