• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I guess I am just not going to go to Florida in April. Broken arm, broken foot after an unfortunate fall in a parking lot on Maui

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I broke my humerus bone, fractured my right arm. of course I am right-handed. I also ave a fracture in my left foot. These two breaks occurred after stepping in a hole at Maui Tropical Plantation. Landed on my right side. Hospital did xrays, gave me a boot for my foot and put an immobilizer on my arm. This happened Sunday. I am quite bruised. Black and blue eye, skinned right knee, and lots of other bruises. Vicodin is a godsend.

We were going to Disney next month. I guess that won't happen.

altiste1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Willow Ridge
Marriott Phuket Beach Club
Wyndham Bali Hai
Man oh man that sounds terrible! So sorry to hear about this. Hoping for a speedy recovery for you.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh how terrible, so sorry this happened to you

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I wish you the very best in your recovery healing.

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
So Sorry, praying for a quick recovery. There will be other trips when you are healed up.

The Colorado Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Riverfront
Christie Lodge
Apollo Park
Grand Timber Lodge
Indian Palms
Massanutten
Park Regency
Valdoro Mountain Lodge
Marriott Surfwatch
Yikes so sorry. This is one of several vacation falls I've heard of recently. Speedy recovery and mind those wonderful pills!

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I broke my humerus bone, fractured my right arm. of course I am right-handed. I also ave a fracture in my left foot. These two breaks occurred after stepping in a hole at Maui Tropical Plantation. Landed on my right side. Hospital did xrays, gave me a boot for my foot and put an immobilizer on my arm. This happened Sunday. I am quite bruised. Black and blue eye, skinned right knee, and lots of other bruises. Vicodin is a godsend.
I am Soooo sorry. This will definitely be a setback. Paula fell in Mexico on Jan.2, broke her humerus too,- a long spiral spikey break- and had surgery there to put in a rod & screws. They don't do that here anymore. It still is not healing closed. She has been given another 6 weeks in a brace. If this doesn't close the bone, it's going to mean more surgery to remove the rod and basically start over with clamps, screws, bone grafts. It has been very hard.

Safe travels home, Cindy, and hoping for quick healing. The bruises and skinned flesh will heal quickly- the innards take longer.

Jim

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am Soooo sorry. This will definitely be a setback. Paula fell in Mexico on Jan.2, broke her humerus too,- a long spiral spikey break- and had surgery there to put in a rod & screws. They don't do that here anymore. It still is not healing closed. She has been given another 6 weeks in a brace. If this doesn't close the bone, it's going to mean more surgery to remove the rod and basically start over with clamps, screws, bone grafts. It has been very hard.

Safe travels home, Cindy, and hoping for quick healing. The bruises and skinned flesh will heal quickly- the innards take longer.

Jim
Terrible. When my husband dislocated the shoulder and broke the humerus they had to operate because of the dislocation, but no rod and pins. After nine weeks in a sling, we flew to Florida. The ortho there was surprised they didn’t use rod and pins. it healed but took months. I really can’t say how well it healed because he no l9ngef played golf, but he did play bocce.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
@rickandcindy23 , I'm sorry to hear. Having an injury and traveling can take a lot of fun out of a vacation.

But, you can get a wheel chair in the airport plus a mobility scooter for use in Orlando. My wife used a wheel chair one time when we were in Sedona. I know that she would have had more fun if she had been ambulatory, but she still wanted to go on the vacation.

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yikes! So sorry to hear this, Cindy! Hoping you have a quick and full recovery.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
That is a bummer. Hope you recover quickly Cindy. @Passepartout Geez Jim, I hope Paula recovers quickly too !!!

Bill

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
That is a bummer. Hope you recover quickly Cindy. @Passepartout Geez Jim, I hope Paula recovers quickly too !!!

Bill
Thanks Bill. I posted the whole sordid affair back in January. We're beyond 'quickly'. Now we are hoping for 'healing well'. Like Cindy, we have some plans for travel we'd like to get on with.

melissy123

TUG Member
Reaction score
So sorry to hear about this. Heal soon!

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh Cindy, I am so sorry for you.
I broke my ankle on Christmas Day. 6 weeks in cast plus 4 in a boot.
When I was tempted to indulge in a pity-party, I would remind myself that people have had to contend with much worse. (I'd consider yours in that category.) Can't imagine the difficulties of doing ordinary things.

How many more nights in Maui?

What is prognosis for your foot?

How are you able to get about?

I did manage an already scheduled trip to Maui while incapacitated.
If you haven't already cancelled, you might still want to take your trip to Florida.

Prayers for perfect healing.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
That's awful Cindy. It sounds so painful. I hope that the pain will subside soon. Broken bones are so painful.

When I broke my foot on a TradeWinds cruise in the BVI's (Early Nov 2021) I canceled a trip to Tahoe in early Dec, mostly because I didn't want to do snow/ice with a boot on my foot. By mid Dec it wasn't slowing me down at all. So maybe give it a week or two before you cancel things if possible. You may feel differently in a few weeks.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
OMG. What a freak accident. I hope you have a speedy recovery so you can travel again. Take care.

Dori

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cindy, I’m sorry to hear of your accident! Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Dori

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
Oh no, so sorry to read this! My mom broke her arm on Maui too, years ago, and had to fly home early, and I broke mine at home three years ago, so I know how painful and disabling it is no matter how quickly it heals. Best wishes for quick, uncomplicated recovery for you!

ilene13

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am sorry to hear of your fall and subsequent injuries. My husband and I were on the 3rd day of a 16 day Panama Cruise. At our first stop-Cozumel we took an ATV jungle adventure. We have done ATV's many times before but never off roading. My husband was driving. After about 10 minutes both of us flew out of the ATV to the right and the ATV flipped over to the left. Thank goodness for helmets. We both landed on our right sides. I had a hip replacement on the right a year ago. My hip is ok, multiple contusions and a broken wrist--my husband has multiple contusions and 3 broken ribs. We ended up being sent to the hospital, leaving the cruise and going home. It's now 4 weeks later and we are starting to heal. We are off to Cancun in 2 weeks but we will just sit at the beach!! I hope your recovery is easy.

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh no.........so sorry to hear this. I hope the pain medication is helping. Take care of yourself and have some patience.

I broke my foot and ankle last June. I was in so much pain the first two weeks. The swelling made it impossible for me to wear a boot for a while. First break in my life and had to depend on my husband for everything.

After three months, I was debating if I should go to Physical Therapy. I thought I could do it on my own/watching youtube exercise videos (going down the stairs, bending my ankle, walking straight, etc. was a no go) and it was the best thing I did. (still have some swelling/no heels but could have been so much worse).

Feel better!!!