• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I got a drive-up flu shot from the Fire Dept. today

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
This worked great! We drove to a local park where the Fire Dept. was set up in the parking lot with small tents and tables. The only requirement was that you wear a mask. The line of cars was very well organized with people directing traffic and tall orange cones designating lanes, and the points where you needed to stop. I only had to fill out one form, and then I got my shot from a Fire Dept. medic while sitting in the car - virtually painless! I provided all my info and insurance info on the form, but they didn't ask to see any cards or ID. If you didn't have insurance, the shot was free - no questions asked. While we were waiting in line, one of the staff came around and talked to each car about coming back to get a COVID-19 vaccine in the same location, as soon as they were available. It couldn't have been easier or nicer, and I'm definitely going back there for my C-19 vaccine! :thumbup:

Reaction score
I got my influenza vaccine last week at a Publix, and then the pharmacist gave me a $10 gift card. So, I used it to buy stuff at the store. But, a couple days later, I had sore joints (like what you get with the Flu), lasted a day, no biggie.

TS

missyrcrews

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
I got my flu shot at Target with one of our CVS pharmacists. The kids all got them at a drive through clinic like what you just mentioned, only at one of our schools. Great idea, got lots of people vx'd, and no need to go into a germy doctor's office. WIN WIN! :)

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
I went into our Vons pharmacy. I set up an appointment and had a little room all to my self. No side effects this year. Last years shot made me feel like I was going to die - and I still got the flu! But it was the first time is probably 20 years that I got the flu so I was probably due. It just felt a bit unfair to have a pretty bad reaction to the shot (24 hours of aching joins/muscles/headache) then get the flu (72 hours of aching joints/muscles/headaches). Honestly it's the main reason that I don't want to get covid. If the flu was that bad I can't imagine what covid is like.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Our sports and social club was doing free Flu vaccine as well and proof of insurance was required nor asked. Not sure why they could do that other than the vaccine is dirt cheap and they just consider cost of vaccine as part of their operating costs. We went to our usual CVS place to get our flu shot.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I got my influenza vaccine last week at a Publix, and then the pharmacist gave me a $10 gift card. So, I used it to buy stuff at the store. But, a couple days later, I had sore joints (like what you get with the Flu), lasted a day, no biggie.

TS
My arm hurt for two days after the shot. The nurse told me to move my arm a lot and to try to walk after the shot to move it through our bodies, but we were on our way home to make dinner. Two hours later, both of us had sore arms.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
My arm hurt for two days after the shot. The nurse told me to move my arm a lot and to try to walk after the shot to move it through our bodies, but we were on our way home to make dinner. Two hours later, both of us had sore arms.
This was the first year I had any kind of reaction to a flu shot. I usually don't even get a sore arm. But this time the day after the shot I was completely wiped out, and even a little dizzy. I don't know if this was due to it being the high dosage "old people" shot.

Ironwood

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got the 'high' dose last week and have not had any issues. But, I discovered this past weekend, our newer neighbours of one year with whom we interact daily at a Covid safety distance, are adamant anti vaxxers. Not only are they not getting the flu shot, but they have no intention of getting the CV-19 vacine when it becomes available. They are some 25 years younger than us and spout all the usual anti vaxxer misconceptions. I'm not sure I will want to invite them on our deck for beer/wine next spring/summer, when the snow is gone. It will be interesting how vaxxers and anti vaxxers interact as time goes on.

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got the 'high' dose last week and have not had any issues. But, I discovered this past weekend, our newer neighbours of one year with whom we interact daily at a Covid safety distance, are adamant anti vaxxers. Not only are they not getting the flu shot, but they have no intention of getting the CV-19 vacine when it becomes available. They are some 25 years younger than us and spout all the usual anti vaxxer misconceptions. I'm not sure I will want to invite them on our deck for beer/wine next spring/summer, when the snow is gone. It will be interesting how vaxxers and anti vaxxers interact as time goes on.
If you get the Covid vaccine, why would you care that they don't? You'll be protected.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are they nice people? Are they good neighbors? You will be protected anyway, do not let the media control your private life.

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
AFIK, that is not an option in our area. The vaccine was not available when I had my med check, so I'm exploring the method of least contact to get that and the shingles vaccine.

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
...do not let the media control your private life.
That attitude / misconception is transmitted over all sorts of social media, so same to anyone repeating it.

No vaccine will be 100% effective, and we don't yet know how long they last, but once we have some experience and history to back up the claims, vaccines will certainly mitigate risk, which is still there, even though greatly reduced. I've had the same wonderings about our usual house-sitters / pet-sitters who are vehemently anti-vax (and anti-mask). Not sure I want them in our home in the next year or 2, once our travel resumes -- not because I'm allowing media to control my life.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
That attitude / misconception is transmitted over all sorts of social media, so same to anyone repeating it.

No vaccine will be 100% effective, and we don't yet know how long they last, but once we have some experience and history to back up the claims, vaccines will certainly mitigate risk, which is still there, even though greatly reduced. I've had the same wonderings about our usual house-sitters / pet-sitters who are vehemently anti-vax (and anti-mask). Not sure I want them in our home in the next year or 2, once our travel resumes -- not because I'm allowing media to control my life.
Even if both sides get the vaccine, there is still a good chance their neighbors get infected AND the vaccine is not effective on Ironwood's family. There is also no guarantee that Ironwood would get the Covid vaccine by the time the snow is gone in the spring. You can actually bet your money the other way.

To be clear, he is reconsidering talking to them because he does not agree with them, he probably see them now somewhat inferior. There is no pity in his comment (poor neighbors may get sick) instead you can sense lots of disgust. If I am wrong and Ironwood thinks otherwise I will be glad to be corrected. Shame on those who shame those that think differently.

More in line with the OP, all 4 of us got the flu shot about 3 weeks ago. Just another doctor at that clinic, a friend of ours was before us and the process was painless.

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
Guess I got my flu shot early. Got it at work in September. No muss no fuss. Arm didn’t even hurt!
Governor mandated all healthcare workers required to get or can’t work. I am far from antivaccine but mandates make freedom not free. Some nurses at work have legitimate reasons not to vax. Last year they were just required to wear a mask throughout the flu season. This year we are all wearing them Anyways.