• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I Don't Care Who or Why. . . .

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
I am an in-person voter on election day every single time, except having to vote absentee while in college. there is something about showing up on The Day that I like. No long lines where I vote, but a long line would not turn me away.

I'd like to see one national primary day. I have always felt kinda screwed out of the primary process since we don't vote until May, well past dust settling. It's infuriating that my primary vote has never counted, so for decades, I didn't bother.
Try living in a state where your vote Never counts.

I mailed my ballot in 2016 from Lake Tahoe, but I live in SoCal.

We currently work in NorCal but consider SoCal home. We timed our visit this last week so we could vote in person. It was important to us to vote due to 2 initiatives that could have adversely effected us long term.

Also found out I am registered under my old name....Ugh. Guess I will just reregister at some point.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana

I mailed my ballot in 2016 from Lake Tahoe, but I live in SoCal.

We currently work in NorCal but consider SoCal home. We timed our visit this last week so we could vote in person. It was important to us to vote due to 2 initiatives that could have adversely effected us long term.

Also found out I am registered under my old name....Ugh. Guess I will just reregister at some point.

Okay. That explains a lot. For some reason mailing via USPS from Tahoe is a problem. We tried to mail vendor payments around the same timeframe by depositing at several Tahoe post offices and they were never delivered to other parts of Calif. Hope it is fixed now but we stopped mailing from there because it's unreliable.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
My area uses mail-in ballots, which we then drop off in a box in front of the police station, thus eliminating the post office from the equation. I had to check the box on the outer envelope, but it doesn’t much matter to me who sees the box I check. My recollection is that I had to declare a party when I registered to vote anyway. As long as they count my vote, the rest doesn’t matter to me.

Dave

I can see how you would likely not have a problem checking a party box in King County unless you were checking Republican, lol.

Bill

JudiZ

TUG Member
Reaction score

My brother-in-law says the same thing. He is a Republican in Cook County, IL. I can't imagine how frustrating that must be. We live in a town of 13,000 where candidates and initiatives pass and fail by less than 50 votes. When we first moved to NH in 1985, it was bright red. Even Democrats voted for Ronald Reagan! Demographics have changed a great deal and we are now solidly purple. I, for one love it. I really do love the wild,wild west feel to the politics here. For better or worse, never a dull moment. Of course, if we ever lose that first-in-the-nation primary, we'll never see a candidate again.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
We always get a mail in ballot, because we like to be able to sit and take our time when filling it out. But we drop them off of on election day, because that way we know they got there. In California, you can drop your mail in ballot off at any polling place, and there are also polling places that are just for dropping off mail in ballots.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Same deal here. We've exchanged phone numbers with the other Dems in flamin' red Idaho. It's a very small list.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
Same deal here. We've exchanged phone numbers with the other Dems in flamin' red Idaho. It's a very small list.
I’m a Democrat living in the most Republican county of very Republican Alabama. Fortunately, my wife is the other one!