• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I Don't Care Who or Why. . . .

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
It is time for a few people to drop out.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
It amazes me how many States do not have a mail in option. I know CA is testing the week prior to help relieve the rush.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
I live in Ca, and have used the mail in ballot option for years. It makes it so easy to vote.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
I live in Ca, and have used the mail in ballot option for years. It makes it so easy to vote.
I am a permanent main-in voter but put off voting until yesterday (just too busy to deal with it early). You can drop off your sealed ballot at a polling place. Imagine my surprise when I opened my ballot yesterday and found that I had received the wrong ballot - not my registered party ballot. So I had to go to the polls after work yesterday but I managed to leave my ballot at work. So I had to get a new ballot for the correct party, and it had to be a conditional ballot since I didn't have my original ballot to return. I was the fun one last night. My vote probably won't be counted for weeks, but if a race is decided by one vote, I will know that it was mine :p

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
I voted by mail in 2016. Never again and I live in California. I know for a fact my vote wasn’t counted as the dang post office delivered my mail in ballot to my home a week after the election.

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
I voted by mail in 2016. Never again and I live in California. I know for a fact my vote wasn’t counted as the dang post office delivered my mail in ballot to my home a week after the election.
Not our USPS. You must be kidding. :rolleyes:

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
I'm in Washington state, and got our mail in ballots a couple of weeks ago. It's been mail in for us for several years. We have a ballot drop off box across the street, so have no excuse for not voting. I remember at last local election, my son and I completed our ballots at literally last minute, while election staff were there to empty drop box. My son ran across the street to hand them our ballots LOL.

Our primary is next week. I'm glad we waited to complete our ballots.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We don't have mail in ballot but we can do early voting. We had signed up for email notification of election. It worked until last year for an off-season election. We saw signs everywhere and it didn't occur to us that we were supposed to vote until the date had passed. We did not receive an email for the "Sample" ballot. We have since switched back to hardcopy notification.

Last edited:

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I am leaning toward doing an absentee ballot and dropping it off to the polling place on election day.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
We just got sample ballots in the mail (2 wks b4 the election).
There's a lot of dinky little races that we know nothing about.

I just realized that we're in city-district #2, and it's on the ballot.
Dang. When we get that figured out, we'll vole early.

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We just got sample ballots in the mail (2 wks b4 the election).
There's a lot of dinky little races that we know nothing about.

Those dinky little races are probably the ones that affect your community the most, and where your vote will have the most impact.

geekette

Reaction score
I am an in-person voter on election day every single time, except having to vote absentee while in college. there is something about showing up on The Day that I like. No long lines where I vote, but a long line would not turn me away.

I'd like to see one national primary day. I have always felt kinda screwed out of the primary process since we don't vote until May, well past dust settling. It's infuriating that my primary vote has never counted, so for decades, I didn't bother.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
I'm likely to skip this primary vote because our area uses mail in ballots. Some genius decided to add the box designating Democrat or Republican to the outside of the envelope where our names are for all to see. I don't want to reveal how I vote , its no-bodys business. They justify this by saying that you can vote for who ever you want in the general election. If we don't check a political group our vote will not count. If we do pick a political group, any one that can see the envelope can see which party preference we chose.

Bill

geekette

Reaction score
I'm likely to skip this primary vote because our area uses mail in ballots. Some genius decided to add the box designating Democrat or Republican to the outside of the envelope where our names are for all to see. I don't want to reveal how I vote , its no-bodys business. They justify this by saying that you can vote for who ever you want in the general election. If we don't check a political group our vote will not count. If we do pick a political group, any one that can see the envelope can see which party preference we chose.

Bill
Yes, we have to declare out loud which ballot we want. I mind this much less than stating my name and birthdate out loud at doc office check-in.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
[deleted]

Last edited:

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Some genius decided to add the box designating Democrat or Republican to the outside of the envelope where our names are for all to see...

Can you put the envelope inside your own envelope, so no one except election workers see it?
Yes, we have to declare out loud which ballot we want.
I mind this much less than stating my name and birthdate out loud at doc office check-in.

Could you write it out on a card and whisper, "I have laryngitis (not Coronavirus)?"

Last edited:

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
That's disappointing. We have been successfully absentee mail voting in Calif. for many years. There are also ballot drop boxes at libraries and city halls that can circumvent your frustration with the USPS, or having to wait for election day and go directly to the ballot tally location. We submitted ours in a box in front of City Hall on the weekend before Super Tuesday.

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

Bill

Bill

We have the same issue...DH & I decided we will vote but not mark the outside. We realize that our votes will not be counted but it is a statement to the folks who decided this was a good idea, , that it is not. I heard that the will be making note of how many ballets are returned with no signature or party marked

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
That's disappointing. We have been successfully absentee mail voting in Calif. for many years. There are also ballot drop boxes at libraries and city halls that can circumvent your frustration with the USPS, or having to wait for election day and go directly to the ballot tally location. We submitted ours in a box in front of City Hall on the weekend before Super Tuesday.
I totally agree with you. When we lived in California, I did not want to use USPS to deliver but instead took my ballot directly to the drop off boxes.

mentalbreak

TUG Member
Reaction score

Bill

I grew up with parents that were very secretive about voting and political party affiliation.

The whole Caucus experience is eye-opening. You not only attend based on party, you then literally stand in groups by candidate, while people lobby for others to switch candidates and join their groups.

Nothing like walking around the neighborhood and knowing - that guy supported A, and his wife was in B’s group. No yard signage needed.

JudiZ

TUG Member
Reaction score
In NH, we had the wild, wild west show - all candidates in! But those who are registered independents can vote in either Democrat or Republican primary by "declaring" that day. Then they can finish voting and re-register as an Independent. Definitely quirky but, hey, it's NH. The good news is that it is really easy to meet virtually any candidate personally (except for incumbents, in general). Met Bill Clinton in our town center and John McCain at the local VFW (with 10 other people). Always nice to see the personal side.

We can only vote in person or absentee ballot but I love the in person option. And I am thrilled at the voter turnouts everywhere!

Judi

geekette

Reaction score
In NH, we had the wild, wild west show - all candidates in! But those who are registered independents can vote in either Democrat or Republican primary by "declaring" that day. Then they can finish voting and re-register as an Independent. Definitely quirky but, hey, it's NH. The good news is that it is really easy to meet virtually any candidate personally (except for incumbents, in general). Met Bill Clinton in our town center and John McCain at the local VFW (with 10 other people). Always nice to see the personal side.

We can only vote in person or absentee ballot but I love the in person option. And I am thrilled at the voter turnouts everywhere!

Judi
I'm jealous. We don't see candidates here, part of the invisible country that doesn't vote early.

We do not ever have to register as anything, and so I am merely a registered voter. I will never register As anything and probably would not have started voting if I had to label myself at age 18.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
My area uses mail-in ballots, which we then drop off in a box in front of the police station, thus eliminating the post office from the equation. I had to check the box on the outer envelope, but it doesn’t much matter to me who sees the box I check. My recollection is that I had to declare a party when I registered to vote anyway. As long as they count my vote, the rest doesn’t matter to me.

Dave