• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I am at the Surf Club now....

sugar apple

TUG Member
Reaction score
until Saturday. So far I love it!!! We purchased it as an EOY and this was our first time using it. The only complaint I have is why isn't there wireless access in the rooms. I am going to the owner's meeting tomorrow. I will ask if they plan to upgrade this.
:hi:

LUVourMarriotts

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MFV (P) 2002
MSU (G) 2006
MOW (P) 2018
Enrolled in DP +++
Have a great time!! We sure did a few weeks ago. As far as wireless goes, I have not been to any MVCI property that provided wireless. They have all been wired. I've been to 7 properties so far. Maybe some are wireless, but wired seems to be there thing.

gores95

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have a great time!! We sure did a few weeks ago. As far as wireless goes, I have not been to any MVCI property that provided wireless. They have all been wired. I've been to 7 properties so far. Maybe some are wireless, but wired seems to be there thing.

Frenchman's Cove in STT only has wireless. I thought ALL rooms at Surf Club were wireless as well.

jimf41

TUG Member
Reaction score
Be careful what you wish for. In an older building that wasn't designed for wireless from the beginning I would prefer a wired system. Frenchman's Cove was designed with wireless and it is fast and flawless. Ocean Pointe on the other hand had it put in after the buildings were completed. For the first two years it was very spotty, slow and unreliable. I was very pleased this year when it was as good as FC, but I still suspect that it doesn't work equally in all rooms.

Also wireless systems that use security codes are much slower than wired due to the encryption necessary to make them secure.

mamadot

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have wireless at all three of my Marriott properties. Summit Watch, Newport Coast, and Shadow Ridge.

nycjimster

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Manor Club Sequel, Marriott Summit Watch
Wondering how the beach is doing? There was a lot of concerns about the beach after the recent hurricane. Has it improved?

Smooth Air

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi, Sugar Apple! I am sooooo jealous!! You are in Aruba and I am FMAO!!

Did you spend the day on that amazing beach? Can't wait to get there (Feb/09)

Smooth Air :cool:

Last edited:

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
Hi, Sugar Apple! I am sooooo jealous!! You are in Aruba and I am FMAO!!

Did you spend the day on that amazing beach? Can't wait to get there (Feb/09)

Smooth Air :cool:

Me too...and I can't wait!
How are the beach conditions? I know there have been a lot of comments on extensive clean-up after the side-effects of the hurricane season.

Also- do you have the current contact info. for room requests? I have the old e-mail info., but I know there have been some changes. Thanks

Last edited:

potchak

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'lll be there in June 2009. Originally got the exchange so my brother and his wife could join us. Now it looks like they are going to split up :( We are trying to work it out so he will still come with us, but that means us picking up the whole tab. Not sure we can afford that. We will have to wait until our tax refund comes in and see if we can work it out.

Although even if he can't join us, we will still have a blast!

Last edited:

Smooth Air

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am also looking for the current contact # for room requests for Ocean Club if anybody happens to have it.

Smooth Air:cool:

iamnotshopgirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also, if you can obtain the name & email address of the General Manager of the Surf Club it would be appreciated. My contact information has not been updated with the new GM.

thanks......bob

suenmike32

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MOW
Ocean Watch was spotty for the past two years (wireless), but here's the kicker....most cell phones don't work in the rooms. Sometimes not even on the balcony either. Management says it is because of hurricane mandated construction.

Be careful what you wish for. In an older building that wasn't designed for wireless from the beginning I would prefer a wired system. Frenchman's Cove was designed with wireless and it is fast and flawless. Ocean Pointe on the other hand had it put in after the buildings were completed. For the first two years it was very spotty, slow and unreliable. I was very pleased this year when it was as good as FC, but I still suspect that it doesn't work equally in all rooms.

Also wireless systems that use security codes are much slower than wired due to the encryption necessary to make them secure.

LUVourMarriotts

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MFV (P) 2002
MSU (G) 2006
MOW (P) 2018
Enrolled in DP +++
Also, if you can obtain the name & email address of the General Manager of the Surf Club it would be appreciated. My contact information has not been updated with the new GM.

thanks......bob

Scott Derrickson
General Manager
Aruba Marriott Surf Club
Phone: 011 (297) 520-6622 ~ ~ Fax: 011 (297) 586-5872
Marriott Vacation Clubs International
103 L. G. Smith Boulevard, Palm Beach, Aruba
E-Mail: Scott.Derrickson@MarriottHotels.com

sugar apple

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry about the delayed reply....

but I was busy at the beach. :p

I too was concerned about the beach after reading various reports about the seaweed. However, I have nothing but good reports. The beach is fabulous. No exorbitant amounts of seaweed and the water is wonderful. The pool here is outrageous also. I thought Hilton Head was perfect but here you have poolside and beach service which makes you feel even more like you are in paradise. That is a big hit for me seeing as though we are a party of seven with four kids. We feel like we are getting personal attention. I love it. I will look into the room request info.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
That's great news! I am so looking forward to going in February, since we couldn't last year.

Thanks for looking into the room request contact.