• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I’m on hold with DVC. So far it’s been 3 hours…

Formerexpat

TUG Member
Reaction score
My husband and I have been thinking of selling our two DVC timeshares. It’s been over 20 years and I’ll feel sad to give it up, but our customer service experience has gone completely through the floor. We are trying to use up points by booking an ABD trip, and it’s absurd that it takes this long. I see that there are many DVC timeshares for sale, but it’s time to call it a day. Any suggestions on where to list for sale?

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
sellingtimeshares.net is Seth Nock's company. He has been a member of TUG for years, but maybe he is no longer. He does have good luck selling DVC.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
We have used dvcstore.com to buy/sell 4X. They are excellent to deal with. Price it at market rate and it should sell quickly. DVC is very easy to sell via one of the major brokers.

laxmom

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
Reaction score
It is a buyers market right now because so many DVC contracts are for sale but DVD has also been buying up a large number of contracts. Last month they bought back approx 76 SSR contracts thru ROFR.

It seems you're not the only one who's dissatisfied. We're holding out a little longer but are definitely on the fence.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
It is a buyers market right now because so many DVC contracts are for sale but DVD has also been buying up a large number of contracts. Last month they bought back approx 76 SSR contracts thru ROFR.

It seems you're not the only one who's dissatisfied. We're holding out a little longer but are definitely on the fence.
Those 76 SRR were also only through one broker (DVC Resale Market). The number is probably much larger when you add in all the other brokers handling resales.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
we still love the resorts--WDW parks, not so much! We now do 2-3 night resort stays on the way to other FL areas/cruise, etc. We have 5 days of tickets left--we'll do 1 park day here and there until those are gone.

Inhislove

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Catalina Beach Club
Please forgive my ignorance, but what is an ABD trip? I recognize that as "all but dissertation"

***Is it Adventures by Disney?!?***

(I have a feeling I will feel sheepish after I know)

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Please forgive my ignorance, but what is an ABD trip? I recognize that as "all but dissertation"

Don't worry, I had no idea what it was either. I don't know all the DVC lingo.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)

Yes you are correct. Adventures By Disney

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club, Marriott & Wyndham pts
The two we like the best are the DVC Store and ResalesDVC. Smooth experience with both. The DVC Store is advertising a 7.5 commission right now if you list before June 30th. Most of the other companies are 8.5.

Deb & Bill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - OKW, Sold BRV; Used to own Charter Club Marco Island
We just sold two contracts using DVC Resale Market. One was under contract within a few days and the other in about a week. ROFR took just under 30 days. We had the money in less than 90 days. We were happy with the price we got for our two sets of points (one 50 pt contract, one 100 pt contract). Reached out to them via email on March 11, had the money in hand before the end of May.

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just sold two contracts using DVC Resale Market. One was under contract within a few days and the other in about a week. ROFR took just under 30 days. We had the money in less than 90 days. We were happy with the price we got for our two sets of points (one 50 pt contract, one 100 pt contract). Reached out to them via email on March 11, had the money in hand before the end of May.

great group got my resale through them-